RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

Hey I wanted to give the Tiges a good run, but Joe Blow, the new publicity officer couldn't meet my demands :D

Haha. Nah I'll get down to Lancefield's training next week and get them on next week's back page.

Apparently there is a war over the transfer fee for me to play at Kilmore (even though I'm retired) - Kilmore offered a minimum of chips and two potato cakes, but Lancefield wanted a Zinger Burger Combo with potato and gravy. Things could hot up between the old rivals :p

So is every Club in your readership circulation gunna get a feature on the back page pal ?

So is every Club in your readership circulation gunna get a feature on the back page pal ?

Well Kilmore and Wallan have so far, Broadford has a half page on the inside of sport this week. Romsey have the back this week. Lancefield probably next week. We do two editions, Macedon Ranges and Mitchell Shire, so if your son's old mob wants a guernsey they only have to ask! :D

Bit of both think HFF. I'm certainly geared up for a huge footy season in 2008. With my cricket playing hampered somewhat (batting and fielding one handed), I'm keen to get the footy reporting back for sure!

You are gunna have to learn to take your other hand off " IT " Matt when you are playing sports champ !

You are gunna have to learn to take your other hand off " IT " Matt when you are playing sports champ !

Hahah. I'm finished from footy, even though i'm just a shitkicker I've promised myself I have finished. With two wires holding my scaphoid bone together I don't want to do any long-term damage. I played cricket on the weekend and hardly contributed. Opened the batting and occupied the crease for 14 overs for a meagre 6 runs. Don't have any power in the wrist yet, still got six weeks of physio left.

I'm sure your boy will stay and play a big part in a premiership side next year.

Hahah. I'm finished from footy, even though i'm just a shitkicker I've promised myself I have finished. With two wires holding my scaphoid bone together I don't want to do any long-term damage. I played cricket on the weekend and hardly contributed. Opened the batting and occupied the crease for 14 overs for a meagre 6 runs. Don't have any power in the wrist yet, still got six weeks of physio left.

I'm sure your boy will stay and play a big part in a premiership side next year.

Think I have a fair idea what form your predominant remedial therapy may consist of pal !

& Is that your mail is it ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can now confirm that two RDFL clubs are showing interest in delisted/retired Essendon backman Mark Bolton.....

No longer is he Essendon listed however is still a large part of the AFL Charity program. Heard he just wants to have a run around and is building a house in the area of these two clubs, and has a close links to both.

Can now confirm that two RDFL clubs are showing interest in delisted/retired Essendon backman Mark Bolton.....

No longer is he Essendon listed however is still a large part of the AFL Charity program. Heard he just wants to have a run around and is building a house in the area of these two clubs, and has a close links to both.

One of the worst players to play 100 games ... or at least my fanatical Essendon supporter uncle tells me.

Drafted to Essendon from Eastern U18s from Ringwood, seems a little bit far away from the RDFL to me. Must have family ties at the clubs that are showing interest in him. Building a house in the area, I'm thinking Melton/Rockbank, Diggers Rest/Sunbury, Romsey/Lancefield, Macedon/Woodend and Kilmore/Wallan.
I'm swinging away from the latter three because of location, and heading towards the Melton, Sunbury areas because of the growth. Am I at all close TBR?

Dayson on the field is terrible. When he's not having a go at the umpires his running around slagging off his own teamates.

He should be playing superules

The man does alot for the KFC but i honestly thought to run against me for the reserves gig was of poor taste, especially when he continuosly told me how good a job i was doin. I'm rather annoyed with not bein re appointed considering i achieved every goal set for me by the committee and the side finished no worse then it did in 06. I think the club needs to over haul its selection of coaches or maybe the lesser grade ones cos as far as i'm concerned a 2 man panel isnt near enough. This is a conflict of interest for Dayson, since he's the pres too and i'm very dissappointed in not bein able to continue the hard work i put in over 07

The man does alot for the KFC but i honestly thought to run against me for the reserves gig was of poor taste, especially when he continuosly told me how good a job i was doin. I'm rather annoyed with not bein re appointed considering i achieved every goal set for me by the committee and the side finished no worse then it did in 06. I think the club needs to over haul its selection of coaches or maybe the lesser grade ones cos as far as i'm concerned a 2 man panel isnt near enough. This is a conflict of interest for Dayson, since he's the pres too and i'm very dissappointed in not bein able to continue the hard work i put in over 07

I'm sure there'll be a few disappointed players too mate. Like I said in an earlier post, you just didn't have the cattle. It probably hurts more this year not getting it because I think the reserves will be much improved, with a lot more professionalism in the senior players. You could see some of your hard work really starting to show in the latter rounds of this year too.

Will you/have you put in for any other coaching gigs?

I'm sure there'll be a few disappointed players too mate. Like I said in an earlier post, you just didn't have the cattle. It probably hurts more this year not getting it because I think the reserves will be much improved, with a lot more professionalism in the senior players. You could see some of your hard work really starting to show in the latter rounds of this year too.

Will you/have you put in for any other coaching gigs?

Had my heart set on the kilmore job mate so no havnt put in for any others and havnt really lookd, got anyone in mind pickles?

Dont think i did all that bad in my first year of coaching either, we had a rough start but like you said major improvement was shown by the end of the season

Great turn out for our first trainig night last night. The vibe around the club really has picked up since the announcement that we will be back in the RDFL.

As to the rumore that Aaron James and Scott Cummings will be playing at Wallan, nothing has been said around our club so I doubt it very much at this stage.

Also can someone from Macedon confirm for me that Geoff O'conner will be playing there this year.
Hey Iceman27, have heard a few rumours that he is heading up there next year don't know if he has been sited at training yet. He did some running for a club last year so I don't think he played for a while. Would prob be a handy inclusion if he was to go. Wasn't he at Wallan a few years back now? How did he go there?

Will play at Cragieburn with Aaron Henneman

If he's fit knackers, which I've heard he is I'm sure he'll more than hold his own. All the players going with him from Therry are all handy footballers as well.
From what I hear he is one of about 5 Quality players going from Therry along with Brett Barron, Darren, Steve and Tim Goodwin. Would have to keep injury free though which could be hard for him going on his past few seasons.

From what I hear he is one of about 5 Quality players going from Therry along with Brett Barron, Darren, Steve and Tim Goodwin. Would have to keep injury free though which could be hard for him going on his past few seasons.

Nice work Phar Lap.. Looks like very good news for Macedon, very bad news for Therry!!

Sippy will play at Woodend, Believe Rick Dowling is attracting the interest of a few clubs would he a handy pick up,!

Pickles might nearly be time for a pre xmas rumoured comings and goings of the different clubs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back