RDFL Thread 2009 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
alot of close games this week, tough one to pick winners,
sunbury v diggers is going to be a massive game both sides fighting for finals- diggers by 10 points
wallan v lancefield, wallan in form over recent weeks but lancefield to classy- 4 goals
rockbank hosting woodend will be interesting rams play well at home maybe an upset could be on the cards-rockbank by a goal
kilmore v broadford will be a great game for the cross town rivals- broadford by 10 points
macedon will be way to good for centrals- macedon by 6 goals
romsey v riddell will be the match of the round im picking romsey to knock off riddell in a game decided in the last few minutes- romsey by 2 points

He was pretty ordinary against Macedon I'm told. They said all he did all day was snipe.
He was the best for the Redbacks that day . Played most of the game on the ball and was the only one for Romsey that day that showed anything . People love to knock him . I,m sure most clubs would love to have him . "They said" or is it just you who said . Snipe might just be a poor choice of words.:thumbsdown:

He was the best for the Redbacks that day . Played most of the game on the ball and was the only one for Romsey that day that showed anything . People love to knock him . I,m sure most clubs would love to have him . "They said" or is it just you who said . Snipe might just be a poor choice of words.:thumbsdown:

I wish I hada been there but no. Missed out on seeing Romsey kick a whole 4 goals in a game of footy & get thrashed by 7 goals. & got told by a cat man that the great gazza kept taking cheap shots in frustration. Must be some truth in it cause he didnt get in the 6 best romsey players on the day on the rdfl web site. Dont know what game you were at. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I wish I hada been there but no. Missed out on seeing Romsey kick a whole 4 goals in a game of footy & get thrashed by 7 goals. & got told by a cat man that the great gazza kept taking cheap shots in frustration. Must be some truth in it cause he didnt get in the 6 best romsey players on the day on the rdfl web site. Dont know what game you were at. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I'm pretty sure the player named best on the ground for Romsey that week has played every game in the twos since, and I'm positive he didn't get one touch that week .I did see that game , but I don't have to watch anymore games this year because I can just read the players names on the RDFL web site and that will tell me all .

Re: RDFL Thread 2009
macedon had a convincing win over romsey today by 40 odd points, once again the cats prooved that they will be very hard to beat at home.
moorcroft didnt kick a goal , and was well held , memo to all, play your most annoying player on moorcroft who will niggle at him all day and he will loose the plot , could see it today he was clearly fustrated and ready to let one go.
cam dawson concentrate on footy son instead of sooking and complaining to the umpires your body language today was pathetic and stood out like dogs balls.
any other results ?

Last edited by spurt_reynolds; 18 Jul 2009 at 19:13
WERE YOU AT THIS GAME SPURT ?

Re: RDFL Thread 2009
macedon had a convincing win over romsey today by 40 odd points, once again the cats prooved that they will be very hard to beat at home.
moorcroft didnt kick a goal , and was well held , memo to all, play your most annoying player on moorcroft who will niggle at him all day and he will loose the plot , could see it today he was clearly fustrated and ready to let one go.
cam dawson concentrate on footy son instead of sooking and complaining to the umpires your body language today was pathetic and stood out like dogs balls.
any other results ?

Last edited by spurt_reynolds; 18 Jul 2009 at 19:13
WERE YOU AT THIS GAME SPURT ?

O oh, my bad....... guess I was there after all. Just shows how memorable the contest was perhaps. :confused:

ps. Gazza was brilliant and got all 6 bowen votes too. :thumbsu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29-little-CHAMP
Would Kyneton be a good fit for the RDFL?

If so where would there current day team be on the ladder of the RDFL (The one's) ?

IMO i think they would be around 5-7 position on the ladder .

This season they have been up and down, but their best 22 would have them sitting in the top 2 of the RDFL in my opinion.

In previous years they would be about 5-7.

Matt :

You think Kyneton still be in the top 2 of the rdfl ?

They were beaten by Sandhurst 32.20.212 to 3.5.23

Sandhurst are sixth on the ladder.

I know the standard of the RDFL has dropped a little but so have other leauges.

Matt :

You think Kyneton still be in the top 2 of the rdfl ?

They were beaten by Sandhurst 32.20.212 to 3.5.23

Sandhurst are sixth on the ladder.

I know the standard of the RDFL has dropped a little but so have other leauges.

Like I said before, if they had their best 22 from the season's start, they would be in the top two in the RDFL. Half the reason they are getting flogged now is because players have dropped off because they weren't going to make finals. Success breeds success.

He was the best for the Redbacks that day . Played most of the game on the ball and was the only one for Romsey that day that showed anything . People love to knock him . I,m sure most clubs would love to have him . "They said" or is it just you who said . Snipe might just be a poor choice of words.:thumbsdown:[/quot]

clearly you werent there that day
he was no were near close to being in their best didnt touch the ball until mid way through the second qtr
im sure he has killed it in games this yr but against macedon i wouldnt have had him in the top 15.
snipe wasnt a poor choice of words either late hits on the man and sly digs under the packs were garys choice of actions that day.
again im sure in other games he has torn it apart but if you can honestly sit there and say he was the best for romsey that day then you should be banned from ever attending another rdfl game
huge huge game this weekend diggers v sunbury will be very very interested in the result .
for sunb, digg and woodend evry game is now critical and the race for a finals spot is coming right down to the wire

alot of close games this week, tough one to pick winners,
sunbury v diggers is going to be a massive game both sides fighting for finals- diggers by 10 points
wallan v lancefield, wallan in form over recent weeks but lancefield to classy- 4 goals
rockbank hosting woodend will be interesting rams play well at home maybe an upset could be on the cards-rockbank by a goal
kilmore v broadford will be a great game for the cross town rivals- broadford by 10 points
macedon will be way to good for centrals- macedon by 6 goals
romsey v riddell will be the match of the round im picking romsey to knock off riddell in a game decided in the last few minutes- romsey by 2 points

-Diggers by 15 points...
-Lancefield should win but wallan do play their ground well... prob 23 points
-The rockbank/woodend game could be interesting considerin the rams play well at home and if the weather stays this way we could get a 10 goal breeze at one end lol.. id say rams to upset the hawks by 7 points, but theyll need blokes like B.Newitt, Walks and Mainey to play well.. (goodluck to them)..
-Kilmore by 13points
-Macedon easly by 35 points
-And im tippin Riddell to drop another to IMO the flag dark horse Romsey..redbacks by 26 points (Moorcroft to kick 5)

-Diggers by 15 points...
-Lancefield should win but wallan do play their ground well... prob 23 points
-The rockbank/woodend game could be interesting considerin the rams play well at home and if the weather stays this way we could get a 10 goal breeze at one end lol.. id say rams to upset the hawks by 7 points, but theyll need blokes like B.Newitt, Walks and Mainey to play well.. (goodluck to them)..
-Kilmore by 13points
-Macedon easly by 35 points
-And im tippin Riddell to drop another to IMO the flag dark horse Romsey..redbacks by 26 points (Moorcroft to kick 5)
not far wrong on the redbacks they ended winning easily after trailing by more than two at 3 q time connelin had a blinder moorcroft sensational and dawson took a screamer in front on one leg to kick the sealer.moorcroft kicked a goal after rhe siren tight from outside 50 to rub salt in the wound

not far wrong on the redbacks they ended winning easily after trailing by more than two at 3 q time connelin had a blinder moorcroft sensational and dawson took a screamer in front on one leg to kick the sealer.moorcroft kicked a goal after rhe siren tight from outside 50 to rub salt in the wound

Yer spot on redbacks had a great win connelan was B.O.G and morcroft wasn't far of it. Ash McNaughton was good as well. The Redbacks have now beaten the top 2 sides in the last to weeks and are a real show in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer spot on redbacks had a great win connelan was B.O.G and morcroft wasn't far of it. Ash McNaughton was good as well. The Redbacks have now beaten the top 2 sides in the last to weeks and are a real show in the finals.

Real show for the flag I reckon :thumbsu:

All of today's results . . .

Sunbury Kangaroos 9.6-60 def. Diggers Rest 8.10-58
Wallan Football Club 7.9-51 lost to Lancefield 18.16-124
Rockbank 7.8-50 lost to Woodend/Hesket 9.12-66
Kilmore 10.8-68 lost to Broadford 17.8-110
Melton Centrals 3.4-22 lost to Macedon FC 23.14-152
Romsey 14.14-98 def. Riddell 12.7-79

How can you say that Mr Nicholls? Watched many RDFL games recently. A good blend in the team, and now with some self belief, big show to go deep into finals with or without GM.

How can you say that Mr Nicholls? Watched many RDFL games recently. A good blend in the team, and now with some self belief, big show to go deep into finals with or without GM.

Haven't seen a game this year but the results speak for themselves.

Ladder position after round five without GM - 9th (2 wins, against Broadford in their first RDFL game and Diggers Rest and 3 losses, including 15 goal losses to Riddell and Lancefield).

Ladder position after round 16 with GM - 4th (11 wins, including a 19-point win against Riddell and a 43-point win over Lancefield).

Sure, other players have stepped up, but that's because they are front runners who didn't give 100 per cent when they knew they were likely to lose. With Gaaaarrrryyyy, they have self belief. If he goes, so does the confidence of others.

This thread is not intended to bag the Redbacks, because it happens to all sides at some stage or another in country footy. Put Lee James at FF for Rockbank and watch the other players come to life. The Kangaroos also lifted when they had AJ in the goal square.

haven't seen a game this year but the results speak for themselves.

Ladder position after round five without gm - 9th (2 wins, against broadford in their first rdfl game and diggers rest and 3 losses, including 15 goal losses to riddell and lancefield).

Ladder position after round 16 with gm - 4th (11 wins, including a 19-point win against riddell and a 43-point win over lancefield).

Sure, other players have stepped up, but that's because they are front runners who didn't give 100 per cent when they knew they were likely to lose. With gaaaarrrryyyy, they have self belief. If he goes, so does the confidence of others.

This thread is not intended to bag the redbacks, because it happens to all sides at some stage or another in country footy. Put lee james at ff for rockbank and watch the other players come to life. The kangaroos also lifted when they had aj in the goal square.

lee james would be no good at rockbank because he has lost his leap and he only kicks goals in junk time these days ah ha ha

Haven't seen a game this year but the results speak for themselves.

Ladder position after round five without GM - 9th (2 wins, against Broadford in their first RDFL game and Diggers Rest and 3 losses, including 15 goal losses to Riddell and Lancefield).

Ladder position after round 16 with GM - 4th (11 wins, including a 19-point win against Riddell and a 43-point win over Lancefield).

Sure, other players have stepped up, but that's because they are front runners who didn't give 100 per cent when they knew they were likely to lose. With Gaaaarrrryyyy, they have self belief. If he goes, so does the confidence of others.
This thread is not intended to bag the Redbacks, because it happens to all sides at some stage or another in country footy. Put Lee James at FF for Rockbank and watch the other players come to life. The Kangaroos also lifted when they had AJ in the goal square.
I have no doubt that some players at the Redbacks walk a little taller with GAAARRRRRRY in the side , but the side they have now is a much different side than the one that played Riddell earlier in the year . No less than Ten players in last weeks team that didn't play against Riddell in round 5 . Thats not including Gaaarrrryyyyyyy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back