RDFL Thread 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDFL Media Release

Based on the evidence that has been provided to the league, The RDFL board has decided that due to the events of the weekend that all junior teams from both clubs, Diggers Rest Junior Football Club and Rockbank Football Club juniors, shall be suspended from taking the field in round 13

The games that were scheduled for this weekend will be forfeits under RDFL guidelines.

The RDFL Board wish to acknowledge that this decision is not based on the conduct of the club officials who acted swiftly to get control of the situation.

The RDFL Board wish to further acknowledge that both clubs have been fully co-operative during the investigation thus far.

Whilst this outcome has not been an easy decision to make, the RDFL Board feels that it is the right action and believe this is the only way spectators will get the message that whilst barracking and wanting your child to perform well is human nature, it is critical that this should be done in a responsible manner avoiding the ugly parent syndrome at all times.

Parents have an important role in the delivery and support of sporting activities for their own and other children. With it comes a clear responsibility to act in a constructive and encouraging manner at all times

The AFL Kids First Policy is very clear in outlining the role and reasonability’s of parents and spectators.

The basic principles of AFL Kids First Policy are to remind parents that:

Sport for children is a vital part of their growing up.
Children like to win, but more importantly, they want to have fun.
Parents need to set the right example at the sports ground, not just at home.
Parents should be proud of their child’s efforts irrespective of the result.
Sport is important to children’s self esteem.

The continued growth and health of the game depends on junior programs and matches being conducted in a positive, encouraging and fun environment. AFL Kids First Policy provides guidance for achieving this objective.

The leagues investigation is continuing in which individuals will be identified and be dealt with accordingly.

The questions I'd like answered are -

1. Why are the kids & clubs being punished for the actions of a few ugly outa control law breaking parents ???? :confused:

& 2. Why are the League wasting their time Investigating an incident that is quite Obviously a Police matter ???? :confused:

1. Why are the kids & clubs being punished for the actions of a few ugly outa control law breaking parents ???? :confused:
This is the unfortunate thing, but yet, it must be the only way it will get through, as warnings just seem to fly right over the heads of those they are imposed on.

& 2. Why are the League wasting their time Investigating an incident that is quite Obviously a Police matter ???? :confused:
As it happened at a league game the league has a requirement to investigate, same would have gone with when James and Meecham jumped the fence the other year at Romsey, if there was a Police investigation (Not sure if there was or wasn't), the league would still be investigating it regardles. Same would go for the umpire who was struck by that coward earlier in the year. There is an ongoing police investiagtion we are told, yet the league are investigating it also.

Can anyone shed some light on this:

Heard there was a melee at another junior game on Sunday and that the 2 sides involved will also not be playing this weekend.

Have also heard that there was a huge blue during the Albion Caroline Springs game on the weekend and an ump was hit. Wondering why this one hasn't been seen or heard in the news.

Can anyone shed some light on this:

Heard there was a melee at another junior game on Sunday and that the 2 sides involved will also not be playing this weekend.

Have also heard that there was a huge blue during the Albion Caroline Springs game on the weekend and an ump was hit. Wondering why this one hasn't been seen or heard in the news.
I think the fact that people rang up triple m sunday avo didnt help then on top of that they had parents from both clubs on 3AW monday morning

I think the fact that people rang up triple m sunday avo didnt help then on top of that they had parents from both clubs on 3AW monday morning

That was about the Rockbank/Diggers game. I have heard that there was an incident at another RDFL Junior game as well as an ump getting punched during a melee at an Albion/CSprings game

Intresting that nobody has brought the other incident up for discussion, to be honest i think rockbank are easy targets cos they are repeat offenders

I heard that this time they were not the instigators of the trouble, unfortunately the attention goes straight to them as they have priors. so unless we were there and witnessed what happened, maybe we should not jump all over them.

I'm really hoping that this is last negative week that this league has and we can put it all behind us and concentrate on the thing that matters most....the footy!

My tips:

Sunbury will be too stong for the other Kangaroos. - Sunbury 26 points

Woodend v Lancefield should be a cracker, but how Woodend lost that game last week is beyond me. Lancefield will do this in a comfortablely. Lancfield 32 points

I'm tipping Macedon for the next game, but the cats need to be weary that they can't expect Wallan to just roll over. The Magpies have had some close results this year with visiting teams this year. Macedon - 28 points

Riddell.......I would hope that Rockbank win to, but sometimes we need to face reality. Riddell - 67 points

Kilmore v Melton is a toss of the coin, purely because both teams will not play finals and there is nothing but pride on the line. Heads is Kilmore, tails is Melton..........heads won. Kilmore - 24 points

The burra are one reason I am lucky I'm not in a real RDFL tipping comp, they have pretty much cost me every week. If what I have read is true and Moorecroft doesn't like annoying taggers, then he will not like playing the burra, you won't find a club with more annoying taggers anywhere else. Romsey will fight back though this week, so I am going with them. Romsey - 14 points.

Good luck everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort by Rockbank!!!! Was at the Romsey/Diggers Rest game today which the Redbacks got up by 4 points in a thriller. B Morgan BOG playing in the backline today, Diggers had a player number 20 i think? (had dreadlocks) who looks a gun and was pretty much everywhere. Just the 1 sour point of the game was the umpiring, i know it's a tough thankless job but the standard today almost bordered on incompetent, the season is alive and well with many flag chances. Thumbs up to both teams today on a good clean hard contest

sadly, this is the type of attention rockbank has brought the league but don't kick them out of the comp until after this week, riddell need a win
might have better if they had kicked them out of the comp at least the bombers would have got some points.:D
but seriously what is going on down bomber land? 3 losses in a season is unheard of in this decade from this great club.definately wouldnt say they're struggling but it does make for an interesting lead up to the finals where 90% would have had riddell s name engraved on the trophy.
then again you've got the cats going down at wallan today yet in recent times have rolled romsey and lancefield.

all makes for a very interesting final part of the year and finals series to come.

. Just the 1 sour point of the game was the umpiring, i know it's a tough thankless job but the standard today almost bordered on incompetent, the season is alive and well with many flag chances. Thumbs up to both teams today on a good clean hard contest
Nothing more needs to be said , you are spot on .:mad:

I was told today that this week is the last game that Doona is coaching Broadford .
Is this true ?

That is correct, and the boys did him proud holding on to win after a 7 goal to nil first quarter. Well done to Broadford, both times we have played them they have shown plenty, but does not reflect on their ladder position.

Great effort by Rockbank!!!! Was at the Romsey/Diggers Rest game today which the Redbacks got up by 4 points in a thriller. B Morgan BOG playing in the backline today, Diggers had a player number 20 i think? (had dreadlocks) who looks a gun and was pretty much everywhere. Just the 1 sour point of the game was the umpiring, i know it's a tough thankless job but the standard today almost bordered on incompetent, the season is alive and well with many flag chances. Thumbs up to both teams today on a good clean hard contest

Number 20 is Brad Sluggett. Played 2's at Sunbury Lions and then came across at the start of last season. Got dreadlock purely so everyone would notice him on the field. Seems to have worked :D Anyone at the ground probably heard one of the best sprays ever given by Fitzy as well. That man goes straight for your heart when fires up.

That is correct, and the boys did him proud holding on to win after a 7 goal to nil first quarter. Well done to Broadford, both times we have played them they have shown plenty, but does not reflect on their ladder position.

Whats the story there, where is Nolan off too? Who takes over as the head coach?

How big was the Riddell loss? I would not have thought many at Rockback would have thought they could beat Riddell. And in a week of upsets Broadford knocking off Sunbury was another shock result. Sunbury may find it hard to play finals now but end of the day they have to beat teams like Broadford to get in.

How big was the Riddell loss? I would not have thought many at Rockback would have thought they could beat Riddell. And in a week of upsets Broadford knocking off Sunbury was another shock result. Sunbury may find it hard to play finals now but end of the day they have to beat teams like Broadford to get in.

Not entirely sure why everyone is surprised by Rockbanks win. So far this year they've been more competitive against the top sides going down by narrow margins to Lancefield twice, Macedon once, Riddell once
and then beating Riddell this week.

There can certainly be no excuses from Riddell this week, they can't claim to have been missing any "stars".

Jason Maumill did a stellar job on Meacham who only kicked 1 all day.

Walker, Taylor and Newitt provided plenty of run as well as tackling pressure.

It was a good all round effort from the Rams who fought hard all day so how about giving credit where credits due this time around.

Then again it seems that no one gives a rats ass about a GOOD news story that comes out of Rockbank.

Not entirely sure why everyone is surprised by Rockbanks win. So far this year they've been more competitive against the top sides going down by narrow margins to Lancefield twice, Macedon once, Riddell once
and then beating Riddell this week.

There can certainly be no excuses from Riddell this week, they can't claim to have been missing any "stars".

Jason Maumill did a stellar job on Meacham who only kicked 1 all day.

Walker, Taylor and Newitt provided plenty of run as well as tackling pressure.

It was a good all round effort from the Rams who fought hard all day so how about giving credit where credits due this time around.

Then again it seems that no one gives a rats ass about a GOOD news story that comes out of Rockbank.

Biggest upset of the last couple of years?? Well done to the rams, they definitely needed the win considering the bad news they have had for the past few weeks!
Throws the gate wide open now for the teams in the finals mix thats for sure.
Anyone from Riddell care to comment on the game, what went wrong?
well done to Broadford as well, tough year for them, but will definitely make them stronger. All the best to doona as well!:thumbsu:

All the best Doona in your recovery, and a quick thankyou to our guys who even in the disappointment of the result gave Doona the respect he deserved in his last game. Hope to see you about the place mate, it has been a pleasure having you as part of the league... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back