RDFL Thread 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right time to get stuck into the weekends games.

Diggers host Woodend in a do or die clash. The loser of this will go 1 game out of the six and that is somewhere you really don't want to be this time of the year...especially Diggers who do not have a great percentage. Last weeks game against Riddell had to be the windest day I have ever seen and again you could say that the conditions played into the burras hands aka semi final 2008. I believe that they could have a couple of inclusions but that remains to be seen. The Woodsmen have the wood on the burra at the moment with Diggers not beating them since early 2007. I keep doing it, but I am going to tip against Diggers. Woodend - 23 points.

Broadford and Wallan should be a good game. It was good to see Wallan coming out last week and making up for there loss at the start of the year. Broadford have been good all year and thats not with the best cattle on the park. They should be able to account for Wallan......or will they? I am tipping this will be close, but I'm going for the home team. Broadford - 9 points

Sunbury SHOULD be too strong for Kilmore. Mind you this is one of those games that I think everyone knows Kilmore could pull out of the bag and really upset a top 6 contender. I'm tipping Sunbury, but not with much confidence. Sunbury - 24 points

Centrals vs. Rockbank. Is this considered a rivalry? I have never heard much about these two squaring off and being a big game. Should be a good one, can the rams make the centrals there bunnies for 2009? I think they can. Rockbank - 18 points

Another big game for the cats, who are really struggling right now with the injuries they have. Luckily they have such a good percentage and a few games in there run home that they should win, so they can afford a few stumbles going into September. Not sure who will play on Gary, but I don't think that is going to matter, Romsey will be too strong. Romsey - 32 points

AND THE MAIN EVENT! Riddell vs Lancefield. This I think will be a cracker. If memory serves me correct last time the bombers were lucky to take the points so this will hopefully be a similar type of game. It will be interesting to see how Riddell react to there first loss of the season and this game should give us a good indication of where they are mentally. They could go down a Geelong path and rest a few so that they are good to go for the last few weeks of the year, but knowing demon I don't think he will. For the Tigers this is there chance to stamp there claim as a true flag contender and going on how this season has gone, I think that they will. Lancefield - 6 points

-Woodend to easily account for Diggers, about 6 goals
-Wallan to beat Broadford by 22 points
-Sunbury to take home the chocolates and beat Kilmore by 43 points
-Riddell to bounce back and defeat Lancefield in a close one 9 points
-Rockbank to account for Centrals for the 2nd time this season 19 points
-Can't split the next game so gonna go with Macedon and Romsey to Draw

Just curious to know does anyone know or believe if there will be any senior coaching positions available for next year?
aaw plenty of senior roles available next year. if you need to ask that ? you dont know much about this league so should not be coaching...

KYNETON? with gisborne trying to get into the bfl they will need to offload another side and why not kyneton. would fit perfectly into the rdfl as long as there is another side so there is no bye and create a farcical like the bfl draw. play a game miss a week. play two games miss a week and so on

aaw plenty of senior roles available next year. if you need to ask that ? you dont know much about this league so should not be coaching...

KYNETON? with gisborne trying to get into the bfl they will need to offload another side and why not kyneton. would fit perfectly into the rdfl as long as there is another side so there is no bye and create a farcical like the bfl draw. play a game miss a week. play two games miss a week and so on
2 things
Kyneton will be going to the Heathcote league.
Gisborne arent trying to get into the Ballarat league

macedon had a convincing win over romsey today by 40 odd points, once again the cats prooved that they will be very hard to beat at home.
moorcroft didnt kick a goal , and was well held , memo to all, play your most annoying player on moorcroft who will niggle at him all day and he will loose the plot , could see it today he was clearly fustrated and ready to let one go.
cam dawson concentrate on footy son instead of sooking and complaining to the umpires your body language today was pathetic and stood out like dogs balls.
any other results ?

Thanks for that, but did I ever say that I wanted to coach. Can't people ask questions around here, if this is what the league is about then why would anyone want to coach.

When was the last time Riddell lost 2 in a row? Well done tigers.
Also top win by the Cats today. Heard Rob Belcher done a top job on Moorcroft keeping him goal less.Not a bad scalp Belch.

Had the riddell v lancefield game yesterday boys, 3rd quarter by lancefield was the best quarter of footy i've seen from any rdfl side this year. They were exceptionally strong over the footy but were also able to finish of with excellent foot skills. their midfield combo of collins, boxall, talbot and of course tom waters will be very hard to shut down.

Another incident involving Rockbank today... I would assume that they are the cause of trouble yet again. I base this on the fact that if you look at all the major problems over the past two years. They all involve Rockbank! the RDFL needs to come down with an iron fist on this and kick the club from the league!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another incident involving Rockbank today... I would assume that they are the cause of trouble yet again. I base this on the fact that if you look at all the major problems over the past two years. They all involve Rockbank! the RDFL needs to come down with an iron fist on this and kick the club from the league!

From what I have heard, the fight started with kids on field and parents took offence to whatever has been said and it started off field then. Dont know if anybody was listening to Triple M footy but they had the Diggers Rest president on radio. She said it became a mellee and police were called. Also said kids were trying to break the fight up between parents. She didnt go as far as pointing the blame and I dont think we all should either until league have looked at it. Rockbank were involved and yes, they have had their share of trouble BUT there were two sets of parents involved.

If the kids were fighting on field, parents shouldnt have started fighting amongst themselves. Its kids sport for gods sake. We all should be sad that this has happened in OUR LEAGUE and hope the RDFL does do something about the voilence that has taken the spotlight off the footy this year. Maybe time to start imposing heavy fines on clubs involved in fights on or off the field.

Its MY view and im not laying blame on one club.

Riddell losing 2 in a row hasnt happened for couple years. Also Wallan had good win from what I heard.

People not gossip fight did not start on the field. fight stated off field during under 12's. the fight was between under 16's boys then parents. it was all over pretty quickly. But rockbank has a few bad people as do all clubs ant they are trying to get rid of them

When is McCartney & Co. gonna grow some nuts and clean up this league. Rockbank should be shot clean out of the comp. Time to make a stand.

:thumbsu::eek::thumbsu:

Totally agree, how many bonds can one club be on before they are suspended??? RDFL Clubs form the league, why is it that the RDFL hold special meetings to let the clubs vote new clubs into our league, and yet the clubs don't get any say on voting clubs out?? This club is constantly tarnishing the reputation of our league, and yet they continually get away with it. It starts at the seniors and works its' way all the way down the juniors. No wonder the Western League booted them out. There is no room for violence and thuggery in our league. We need our League to make a stance and obviously the RDFL Board is not willing to protect the innocent players, specatators, parents and umpires of this once great league. If something is not done soon, someone will be either seriously injured or dead!! If the league does not want to do anything about this, then maybe the clubs should start taking things into their own hands...

Totally agree, how many bonds can one club be on before they are suspended??? RDFL Clubs form the league, why is it that the RDFL hold special meetings to let the clubs vote new clubs into our league, and yet the clubs don't get any say on voting clubs out?? This club is constantly tarnishing the reputation of our league, and yet they continually get away with it. It starts at the seniors and works its' way all the way down the juniors. No wonder the Western League booted them out. There is no room for violence and thuggery in our league. We need our League to make a stance and obviously the RDFL Board is not willing to protect the innocent players, specatators, parents and umpires of this once great league. If something is not done soon, someone will be either seriously injured or dead!! If the league does not want to do anything about this, then maybe the clubs should start taking things into their own hands...
See ya later Rockbank. Enough is enough .

And I will gladly keep doing it to if it means the burra keep getting up. Was an amazing last quarter from the burra yesterday. 15 points down at 3q time and kicking into a 5 goal wind.

Diggers were up at 3 quarter time... they were down by 15 with 6-7 minutes left.

Rockbank senior and junior footy club is governed by one body, are they the only club run like this? As most problems have been associated with the juniors would people say it is fair that the entire club be reprimanded? on that, I believe the club Must be divided into 2 bodies, it is not fair that one part tarnishes the other, if problems continue to arise in the junior department it can be addressed, leaving the senior department to operate. or vise versa.
I would not like to see any club booted from the league, but they all must be held responsible, clubs can take all measures possible to prevent what ever but unfortunately for them and most clubs in any sport it can only take a minority to ruin it for everybody.
What ever did take place is not really for us to discuss but for the league to investigate.

Rockbank senior and junior footy club is governed by one body, are they the only club run like this? As most problems have been associated with the juniors would people say it is fair that the entire club be reprimanded? on that, I believe the club Must be divided into 2 bodies, it is not fair that one part tarnishes the other, if problems continue to arise in the junior department it can be addressed, leaving the senior department to operate. or vise versa.
I would not like to see any club booted from the league, but they all must be held responsible, clubs can take all measures possible to prevent what ever but unfortunately for them and most clubs in any sport it can only take a minority to ruin it for everybody.
What ever did take place is not really for us to discuss but for the league to investigate.

Well said... it is hard to separate the bodies given the League's intention on having juniors and seniors affiliated on all levels but one shouldnt ruin it for the other... it's important for Rob, Scott and the guys to investigate this thoroughly without any added pressure... the Bombers losing 2 in a row, Diggers the new sleeping giant and the Tigers current flag favourites on form... 2 weeks until junior finals with many top 4 spots up for grabs, action on the football field should be just as exciting to wheel away from what will happen off it this week

A few points on your post.

Rockbank was not booted out of the WRFL in 1999. They left on their own accord as they saw moving to the RDFL as the best thing for the club moving forward.

Also since they have joined the competition (RDFL) they have not been forced to go into recess for a year like other clubs in the competition.

Believing someone will be killed in a footy game is a major load of hogwash. Being a drama queen is no way to earn respect from the follow punters on the forum :eek:.

Please note I have not played footy or coached at Rockbank since 2004. I still take a keen interest in the results on a weekly basis and having played with or coached several of the current senior /reserves side. Most recently I helped a good friend at training who is trying to keep an Under 18's side on the park each week.

Saying all of this I cannot be 100% sure who was responsible in the alleged incident yesterday. Regardless it is a sad day when junior footy is cancelled due to bad parent behaviour.

Hopefully the kids don't miss out on playing our great game due to ******** parents.

Sloth out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back