RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya not wrong there IMS . . . . with no official duties for the first time in 7-8 years checking the clearances each day and listenting (and contributing) to bit of gossip is all Ive got to look forward to as far as footy goes :D

Couple of examples are that according to the GVFL page, the Spargo boys have already been cleared back to Seymour, yet it reads "pending" on the RDFL page. Same thing re: Dave Cornish & Thornton Eildon, YVMDFL says it's thru (as Im told it is) yet the RDFL says "pending".

I also noticed on the EDFL site that Peddo has began to lodge his paperwork, perhaps Wallan might sneak into the mix also once all the cards are fully layed on the table????

There is a chunk of clearances on both the EDFL page and the VAFA page that dont show at all.. A couple that are even completed with approved or denied.. Its interesting to see how far behind our office really is...

Ya not wrong there IMS . . . . with no official duties for the first time in 7-8 years checking the clearances each day and listenting (and contributing) to bit of gossip is all Ive got to look forward to as far as footy goes :D

Couple of examples are that according to the GVFL page, the Spargo boys have already been cleared back to Seymour, yet it reads "pending" on the RDFL page. Same thing re: Dave Cornish & Thornton Eildon, YVMDFL says it's thru (as Im told it is) yet the RDFL says "pending".

I also noticed on the EDFL site that Peddo has began to lodge his paperwork, perhaps Wallan might sneak into the mix also once all the cards are fully layed on the table????
Mate you can come and give me a hand if you like!

Wheatley wont be there, Heffernan is just a rumour from what I have been told, Murphy was supposed to be signed on Tuesday night.. The other handy pickups are a couple of ex TAC players apparently.
According to Ben Haynes Justin Murphy is training at Marby monday night as is 85% sure of joining them.

Mate you can come and give me a hand if you like!

Ha ha whilst at this stage I doubt I could ever compete against Broadford in anything, the thought of wearing black and white to work on a Satdy would be awesome :D

According to Ben Haynes Justin Murphy is training at Marby monday night as is 85% sure of joining them.

thank christ for that - I like a lot of the Romsey guys but we dont want the bloody flag decided before a ball is kicked in anger

thank christ for that - I like a lot of the Romsey guys but we dont want the bloody flag decided before a ball is kicked in anger
Murphy wont play at marby mate ill put money on it he trained at marby in 06 and left before the season started and i think a few of the boys were filthy on him plus he loves heidelburg

Rumour has it murphy signed on tuesday at Romsey, but now apparently trained at Marby.
If any clubs are holding onto clearances, i hope they are 100% sure that a player will not change their mind. Who knows, a better offer could sway the player away.

Remember the player contract means Jack squat until he is registered with a club. Nothing stopping a player taking a sign on fee before clearances open, then going elsewhere, except for his name being mud.

With the clearance page, the league needs to do an upload of clubs and transfers to have it updated. But as already stated i think they are working hard behind the scenes, An under 18 fixture is still yet to be released, so maybe they are trying to get that right to make everybody happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enough to be able to pay a couple of players a game, the same amount of miles the proclaimers wished they cud of walked??

You would think the players would have to be high calibre ex AFL to command those sort of dollars.
Some VERY good players in Metro and Country Footy max out at $6-700 a game. ($12-14K a year)
Usually only ones who get higher are drawcards and ex AFL players like A James.

You would think the players would have to be high calibre ex AFL to command those sort of dollars.
Some VERY good players in Metro and Country Footy max out at $6-700 a game. ($12-14K a year)
Usually only ones who get higher are drawcards and ex AFL players like A James.

Come to the Central Murray Footy League mate...highest paying country league in Australia

some impressive names in the clearance page for sunbury. david caccamo is a very good player when his temper is under control. has played div 1 NFL EDFL and in the WAFL. has had quite a few suspensions though. probably should have played AFL

I have been told that former premiership player E.Benson may be returning to Riddell this year.

Can anyone confirm this?

Rumour is fact. Straight from the horses mouth that premiership coach fitzy of lancefield has offered former sunbury kangaroos coach jarrod dixon the clubs assistant coaching role for 2010. Apparently the offer was declined? Would that mean the reining premiers see sunbury as their main candidate to their mantle??? After hearing all of sunbury's recruits i have serious doubts weather knowledge of last years players would serve any relevance.:confused::confused::confused:

Rumour is fact. Straight from the horses mouth that premiership coach fitzy of lancefield has offered former sunbury kangaroos coach jarrod dixon the clubs assistant coaching role for 2010. Apparently the offer was declined? Would that mean the reining premiers see sunbury as their main candidate to their mantle??? After hearing all of sunbury's recruits i have serious doubts weather knowledge of last years players would serve any relevance.:confused::confused::confused:

Why would a club offer a full assistant coaching role with relevance to one opposition.. Obviously there is further reasons as to why the role was offered if this is true... Jarrod has great local football knowledge, as does another that frequents this thread that was offered the same role....

not much talk on about macedon on this thread, have heard rumours that they are recruiting well, may even have replaced the bowen medallist, and some!!!

not much talk on about macedon on this thread, have heard rumours that they are recruiting well, may even have replaced the bowen medallist, and some!!!

I believe they are training well and have added a number of new recruits who will be more than handy. The rumour on replacing a Bowen Medalist with one is also close to becoming true but i wont declare it as fact until i see his name in the clearances page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back