RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you Rams for having a red hot crack & starting the season on a positive note. :thumbsu:
Self belief is the first step on the road to success.
All the best fellas for the year ahead.

A strong & even RDFL competition is only as good as its weakest team !

Absolutely.. The Rams were competitive last year, which was a big improvement and was great that it meant that no side was a walkover.. The only worry will be that the recruiting is in contrast to other clubs, at best, the Rams improve a little but everyone else improves at the same time, makes for a tough road travelled... But I think, on rumours surrounding some other clubs, that the Rams will improve again this year, my view is while they wont challenge for finals, they could definately look at leaving the bottom of the table. :thumbsu:

Absolutely.. The Rams were competitive last year, which was a big improvement and was great that it meant that no side was a walkover.. The only worry will be that the recruiting is in contrast to other clubs, at best, the Rams improve a little but everyone else improves at the same time, makes for a tough road travelled... But I think, on rumours surrounding some other clubs, that the Rams will improve again this year, my view is while they wont challenge for finals, they could definately look at leaving the bottom of the table. :thumbsu:

I agre ill say the rams will win 4 to 6 games this season and hope they get stronger over the next couple of years.
They beat Ridell last year dont forget.
Which clubs do you reckon will struggle on the rumours you hear?
Theres a heaps of clerances for some teams and none for others will they get left behind?

So your saying that rockbank has done badly in trying to become a better footy club this year because why mate? not having a go at you pal wake up and see faith in the underdogs, they have nothing to lose! if we all went to a club guaranteed a flag where would the challenge be? I guarantee a room full of your mates winnin a game of footy is far more enjoyable than a room full of strangers you have known for five minutes.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Huh??? Well, guess I have been put back in my place.. Not sure where that place is, but we will see...

My point is.. That the Rams were ultra competitive last year, which was great for them and the competition, but the fact is, they still finished on the bottom of the ladder, with not many wins.. Included in that a loss against a seriously depleted Centrals at the end of the year...

Losing Dave Innella, Luke Walker, Scott Matthews and Dylan Nicholson certainly wont help.

I do understand that the recruiting of the two midfielders from the WRFL will be a big advantage, but the loss of young players like Dylan certainly wont assist in the development of the side... But I hope that the Rams improve, I think they will...

Huh??? Well, guess I have been put back in my place.. Not sure where that place is, but we will see...

My point is.. That the Rams were ultra competitive last year, which was great for them and the competition, but the fact is, they still finished on the bottom of the ladder, with not many wins.. Included in that a loss against a seriously depleted Centrals at the end of the year...

Losing Dave Innella, Luke Walker, Scott Matthews and Dylan Nicholson certainly wont help.

I do understand that the recruiting of the two midfielders from the WRFL will be a big advantage, but the loss of young players like Dylan certainly wont assist in the development of the side... But I hope that the Rams improve, I think they will...
sweet bud but D BIG CAT INELLA is back and scotty matthews has been down every training session:thumbsu:

sweet bud but D BIG CAT INELLA is back and scotty matthews has been down every training session:thumbsu:

Had heard that the big cat was a Point Cook....

With the Joe Korp mini series about to come to television does anyone know if there'll be any mentions of his time with the Lancefield FC? If so who will be playing the role of their local legend Brewie who hovered around the box a little bit during Joe's stint as Tigers coach???

With the Joe Korp mini series about to come to television does anyone know if there'll be any mentions of his time with the Lancefield FC? If so who will be playing the role of their local legend Brewie who hovered around the box a little bit during Joe's stint as Tigers coach???

I believe the role of Brewie is to be played by Magda Szubanski !

seriously the club is like a big revolving door with the aamount of blokes who crack it and leave and them come crawling back and each time the blokes do that it sets the club back another year and that is why the club has sat at the bottom of the ladder the last 6-7 years if you blokes all stuck together and dont walk at the first sign of trouble then in time the results will come but until you guys do you will remain a bottom side

would have to agree with IMS point cook reference to dave innella didnt he have a hissy fit up at broadford and took off mid game, only a month ago he was telling people he was off to sunbury.

'Diggers - recruited 5 and lost 1
Kilmore - 10 and 4
Lancefield - 4 and 4
Centrals - 1 and 2
Riddell - 12 and 4
Romsey - 4 and 1
Sunbury - 20 and 2
Wallan - 3 and 8
Woodend - 1 and 3'

Sunbury have been busy and with a couple of clearances pending too. Money or blokes returning?
Can someone from the Roos tell us how Hatty, McGovern, Gregory, Clark, Christenson, etc have been training?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees won't some clubs be unhappy by year end! It sounds like 10 out the 12 sides in the comp must think they have a side good enough to finish in the 6. Some sides will spend big and for what? A respectable 7th or 8th place.

From memory Saliba should go well in this comp spent a few years running around with the Northern Bullants.

I see Riddell have picked up Liddell; I think someone mentioned that he was a handy ex premiership forward with Seymour?

Sunbury must now be the clear favorites? With all the new blokes allot of guys who have played 1s in the previous years will find themselves playing in the early game.

Gees won't some clubs be unhappy by year end! It sounds like 10 out the 12 sides in the comp must think they have a side good enough to finish in the 6. Some sides will spend big and for what? A respectable 7th or 8th place.

From memory Saliba should go well in this comp spent a few years running around with the Northern Bullants.

I see Riddell have picked up Liddell; I think someone mentioned that he was a handy ex premiership forward with Seymour?

Sunbury must now be the clear favorites? With all the new blokes allot of guys who have played 1s in the previous years will find themselves playing in the early game.

I still suggest that Romsey and Lancefield would be the favorites.. The Tigers look to have lost no one of note outside of Choate, and from rumours have recruited well. The Redbacks signing of young Smith-Whiting from Heidelberg is a big get.. Riddell has Mick Allen and James Climas returning along with the signing of Matt Baird and Matt Sammut, they will be right up there again...

Yes, Liddell to Riddell. "Cheque book Chick" is back in town

Very interesting. You read who are picking up whom and I can't help but think why try competing at all if the comp may be one sided. We think we'll be competitive this year, but if you had the extreme case where one club went crazy with ca$h...why would you bother spending big to be an also ran?

Footy clubs don't have share-holders, most of the blokes are locals...so what's the difference between finshing 7th or 10th...and being poorer by a few $K a week if some club is a 'shoe-in'?

Just some thoughts. :)

Very interesting. You read who are picking up whom and I can't help but think why try competing at all if the comp may be one sided. We think we'll be competitive this year, but if you had the extreme case where one club went crazy with ca$h...why would you bother spending big to be an also ran?

Footy clubs don't have share-holders, most of the blokes are locals...so what's the difference between finshing 7th or 10th...and being poorer by a few $K a week if some club is a 'shoe-in'?

Not too late to offload em mate and save some pennies ;)

Not too late to offload em mate and save some pennies ;)

We will take Jamesy:D:D:D

If thats the same liddell his dad was one of the best players in the RDFL going back a number of years ago for Kilmore. Won two league B & F's, so good luck to the kid!

Yep and if Yak has a good year they will win the flag!
gday mate yeah his looking fit for his age
looks like his gunna hav a big year training very well and so is everybody
else gettin good numbers on da track too which is a good sign for da redbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back