RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try dirty harry. my old man wouldnt even know im coaching.lol. and i reckon i was 12 the last time i asked him for pocket money.
What lured u back to riddell this year pal????
And thanx for your financial advice about our spending, Ill keep that in mind before i lodge tomorrows new clearences, and next year when we double our spending:D
any hints as to who the new recruit is mongrel?:p

Nice try dirty harry. my old man wouldnt even know im coaching.lol. and i reckon i was 12 the last time i asked him for pocket money.
And thanx for your financial advice about our spending, Ill keep that in mind before i lodge tomorrows new clearences, and next year when we double our spending:D

Only what ive heard. Thanks for clearing that up though.

As for back to riddell??? Have never played in the RDFL, but I wish i was still playing mate. The knees are no good and i work saturdays so maybe your informant has it slightly wrong!! :confused:

Where you playin this week? Might come for a look and see what all the hype around the roo boys is all about.

So, you on a "2" year deal down there champ ???

So, you on a"2" year deal down there champ ???

Are u asking me or telling me? There seems to be a lot of anamosity from riddell people towards our club at the moment.Keep it coming, its making us work harder. I spoke to an opposition coach today who recently played the bombers and he said that no team will get anywhere near them. The pressures not on us omni, anything less than a flag 4 your guys will be a massive failure. maybe thats why u guys are picking at the kangas non stop.
As for how long im contracted for? Ill be encouraging the club to advertise the position at seasons end and if im the best candidate ill coach again.If im not ill remain there as a player

So, you on a"2" year deal down there champ ???

What i meant to say omni was YES :D:D:D

Can anyone tell me if the rdfl have selected their Coach/es, Selectors etc. for this years interleague game? And will it be compulsory to play if picked? Will each club have to nominate players to train 4 the squad?

What i meant to say omni was YES :D:D:D

Can anyone tell me if the rdfl have selected their Coach/es, Selectors etc. for this years interleague game? And will it be compulsory to play if picked? Will each club have to nominate players to train 4 the squad?
You putting your hand up for the coaching gig?? :D

NO Bomber im going to enjoy that weekend off and go away i reckon.
I was only curious to know a bit more about it. maybe omni and the bromanbomber can apply:thumbsu:
Would be great experience provided you can get all the top players to give up another weekend to play in a game that isn't for 4 points.
Sadly I'll be up in Qld where the weather is a chilly 20 odd degrees during winter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did everyone see this message on the RDFL website??

New SMS Service Wednesday, 05 May 2010 This season, RDFL is providing all players and clubs with a new SMS communication service through RedTxt. The service is FREE for registered players and officials.

You will receive relevant football information weekly, such as the results and ladder for your competition via SMS to your mobile phone. You will receive the results and the ladder on Saturday afternoon between 6 and 8pm for the section or division in which you play. At the foot of each SMS will be an advertiser’s message which pays for the transmission of the SMS. Please note that all advertisers have been approved by RDFL. To ensure all players and officials receive this free service it is essential your mobile phone number be listed in your club’s SportingPulse database.

As the SMS service may also be used to send out information about the competition it is a condition of registration that you agree to receive information via SMS. Therefore, there will not be an opt-out mechanism in the SMS.

If you do not wish to receive the SMS please call 03 8506 9739 from your mobile phone.

Diggers Rest FNC Vs Wallan FNC
Diggers Rest Reserve - Diggers Rest
Both sides coming off decent losses last week will create alot of interest around this contest. The side that bounces back and picks up a win here will have a big advantage coming into the half way mark in the battle for the lower half of the top 6. The Burra would be disappointed with the loss last week after an excellent start to the season, they were completely outplayed through the middle of the ground, a problem that they may face again this week against a very good Wallan midfield unit, that is, if Wallan can get these guys on the park. Captain Shane Jacobs will be a handy addition after missing last week, while Carl Groth is in super form and David Saliba played his first game last week and will be better for the run. Gavin Langbourne is providing support up forward for Dave Fowler, but the Magpies need to find other avenues to goal, the midfield will need to contribute in this one, the Burra midfield are always very good at attacking the forward 50. The Burra still have one of the better midfields in the competition, Shaun Sims, Steve Ruane and Jeff Heritage will always give the Burra plenty of drive, but the Burra need more from the change up midfielders like Stu Clarke, Dylan Kite and Dan Reilly. Wallan have a smaller defensive unit which should match them up well with the Burra forwards, but Cole Laurie and Dan McCabe will cause headaches for any defenders with their ability overhead, usually too much for smaller defenders. Both sides need this win to stay in touch, dropping two in a row could easily put a side on the back foot and both of these sides have big matches to come next week. The Burra especially have two tough games in a row and could easily slip to 3-4 if they drop this one.
Game Key: Could again come down to the midfield battle, but could the travel have an affect on this game. Diggers play their home ground very well and the query will always remain on Wallan away from home.
Wallan by 15 points.

Rockbank FSC Vs Woodend/Hesket FNC
Ian Cowie Reserve - Rockbank
Two sides determined for a win here creates a very entertaining contest at Ian Cowie. The Hawks have had an inconsistent start to the season and will be looking to bounce back after a thumping loss at the hands of Lancefield last week. After a 7 goal first game, forward Ross Waters has struggled to find the goals now that opposition sides are marking him, while the two small forwards in Rory Cross and Jim Hepburn have had impact without being overwhelming for opposition sides to contain. It was really pleasing to see Sam Bowen back in the best for the Hawks last week, he is an exciting player when up and going and the Hawks fans will be looking for plenty from him in 2010. Jesse Waters has been quiet so far after being talked up as the Hawks big recruit, while the Hawks have been well served by the usual suspect in Joel Goodyear and Luke Barker. The Rams bounced back with a solid performance against the Cats away from home last week in what was a good response to the loss from the week before. Zerafa, Jackal and Kennedy are having an impact on the Rams line up in their first year, but the Rams need to capitilize on the early solid form with a strong win, to prove that not only have they improved, but they can win too. The 3 recruits will play key roles in this game, while coach Lee Spry has been in sparkling form too. Brent Henry is a big obsticle for opposition sides up forward and the Rams will look to use his size to their advantage.
Game Key: Consistency, if the Rams can consistently execute the run and carry game style that they would like, then they could break open the Hawks who in the past couple of games have struggled with a big man to impact the game. Matt Knox could be a key here along with Brett Cook.
Woodend/Hesket by 20 points.

Kilmore FNC Vs Broadford FNC
JJ Clancy Reserve - Kilmore
The Blues Vs the Roos - battle number 2. The battle of the local rivals takes place at the home of the Blues in what could be season defining for both sides. The Blues have been in good form the last 2 weeks with a scrappy win over Melton Centrals followed by a powerful victory last week against the Burra. The big man up forward leads the way in the league goal kicking and even though the Roos are up against the odds this week, they have a couple of very good key defenders that should make it difficult for James to have things all his own way, but even so, if the Broadford midfield dont put on enough pressure on the ball going inside 50, then the defenders are going to have a very long day. Damien Barton, Marcus Webb and Mick Edwards are going to have very important roles to play in ensuring that Matt Robertson, Guy Booker and Justin Collis dont find too much free ball through the middle of the ground, the Roos will need to clog up the middle of the ground, which is going to take a high level of discipline, if they can frustrate the Blues, then they will have opportunities on the counter attack, but they are going to have to be patient and ensure that the game is played at their pace. If Kilmore open the game up, then it will be goodnight Broadford in the opening term, counter attack should be the catch cry this week for the boys from Harly Hammond.
Game Key: Tempo, if Kilmore control the tempo, then Broadford wont stop them and the game could become very ugly very quickly.
Kilmore by 75 points.

Melton Centrals FNC Vs Macedon FC
McPherson Park - Melton
The boys from Maccy Park are up and about after a good win last week against Broadford, while the Cats had a stuttering win over Rockbank at home. Centrals have slowly improved every week to a point where they would be confident coming in to this game. Was great to see some of the reliable names in the best last week, the guys who, if we see their names in the best, they generally perform well. Kane Bullen, Tim O'Brien, Glenn Nankervis and Brian Wheelahan were all in the best for Centrals and they will hope that coach Paul Sproule can get up for this game too as the reports from Broadford suggest that he was outstanding in his time on the field last week. The Cats continue to put themselves in the mix for the top 4, James Wright has been in sparkling form as has Ash Fleming, while Dylan Wright continues to impact the scoreboard. The question has been raised again about the Cats ability to compete with the physical side of the game and this week will certainly tell a tale on how they deal with it as Centrals have long been a side renowned for it's attack on the ball. Early days in this match will tell the tale as the opening will be a physical test for both sides. The Cats certainly have the class, but if Centrals can physically put a stamp on the game with its tackling, they will put themselves into the game, on the smaller Maccy Park, Macedon have known to struggle in the past, can Centrals capitilize on this will be the question.
Game Key: Pressure. I expect the opening term to be all about pressure with Centrals full of confidence after last weeks win and their performance in the 2nd half against Kilmore. The Cats have gone into one game already underestimating their opponent, if they do it again, it could have shocking consequences.
Macedon by 34 points.

Romsey FNC Vs Riddell FNC
Romsey Park - Romsey
The Redbacks luckless start to season 2010 looks like it could continue it's trend when they host the premiership favorites. The Redbacks have been in every game so far, yet they sit 0-4 with the definite prospect of sitting 0-5. With all the talk of Gary leaving and the Redbacks struggling, it was all put aside last week as they took the Kangaroos right to the wire only to fail by less than a kick. At home this week they will be looking to put a stamp on this game early, the question is, how will they respond after throwing everything they had at the Roos. Moorcroft was one of the Redbacks best last week along with the Big Yak who battled all day for his beloved side. Brad Mitchell has been in good goal scoring form kicking 9 goals in his last 2 matches, while Shannon Green started to find touch in last weeks game. The Redbacks need more from Burlak and Dawson up forward and this could be the week that they deliver. They are crying for a big power forward to impact the game, maybe Burlak could be isolated one out in the square and given the opportunity, the last time I saw him do that he booted 7 in a dominant performance. Dawson also needs to be injected into the game in that floating role he plays so well, isolating him in the square isn't paying dividends, his best football is when he roams across the middle and half forward. The Bombers have been dominant in 2010, recruit Gerard Liddell is tearing opposition midfields to shreds as well as sneaking forward and kicking goals. Mick Allen is in fine form after a haul of 9 goals last week, while Darcy Grant again had a BOG performance. The scary thing for opposition sides is that Cam McCabe hasn't had a huge influence on games yet and Matt Baird is capable of big bags of goals, again, the Bomber backline is the catalyst, Jason Allen provides plenty of drive through the half back line, while Ben Sonogan is playing the kick behind the play role beautifully. Every week the Bombers are getting better, its a dangerous proposition for opposition sides.
Game Key: Flow. If the Redbacks can finally get some flow they will be in this game up to their proverbial necks, but in the opposite corner, if the Bombers get the flow, this could turn nasty.
Riddell by 26 points.

Match of the Round
The James House Cup
Lancefield FNC Vs Sunbury Kangaroos FNC
The reigning premier Vs the heir apparent. This game, on reflection, will probably not have an impact on either side's finals aspirations or the end of year result, but the pure event of battle is where the excitement lies in this one. The Tigers have proved in the past couple of weeks that they are well and truly contenders to defend the crown. They smashed the Hawks at Woodend, a tough assignment at the best of times, and proved that they have lost none of the team balance that they displayed last year. Brian Ruffell is starting to find the form that made him the RDFL team of the year Full Forward in 2009, while John Baker is proving a very valuable foil, he just needs to add consistency to his performance, this week he has his chance. Leigh Irwin continues in the great form he showed last year and his battle with Chris Meacham will be one to watch. Tom Waters is still at his Bowen Medal winning best, the form he showed in last years finals series, which is going to lead to a magnificent battle between him and the Roos big men in Fischendon, Cuffe and James. Once again though, the Tigers have been able to find plenty from the younger brigade of players, Nathan Carroll and Dave House, both former Kangaroos Under 18's will be keen to put in a blistering performance against their former club. The Roos start to the season would be everything that Roos faithful would have hoped for. A 4-0 start, but the season is really starting now for the Roos, the run of games up until the Round 10 clash with Riddell will highlight where the Roos are at and where they stand. There are some injury concerns, but one area of improvement in 2010 is the Roos depth, it could be tested, but there are several guys that have proven before that they are up to the challenge. The Roos midfield have been superb this season and this week come up against a great challenge, the Tigers midfield were the superior midfield group of 2010, so the challenge is there for the Roos to step it up. McInerney, McGovern, Baddelley and Co up against Collins, Smith, Shewan and Co, with supply from Waters/Conway and Fischendon/Cuffe/James will no doubt be a highlight and could well decide which way this battle heads. Can the Roos handle the open spaces of Lancefield and can the Tigers shut down the multiple options to goal of the Roos. This could be a classic match.
Game Key: Space. On arguably the biggest ground in the RDFL, the space could decide the contest, multiple options for each of these sides mean many avenues to goal. Both sides have the ability of exciting run and carry, as well as dour head over the football contests. It could go either way.
Sunbury Kangaroos by 8 points.

Did everyone see this message on the RDFL website??

New SMS Service Wednesday, 05 May 2010 This season, RDFL is providing all players and clubs with a new SMS communication service through RedTxt. The service is FREE for registered players and officials.

You will receive relevant football information weekly, such as the results and ladder for your competition via SMS to your mobile phone. You will receive the results and the ladder on Saturday afternoon between 6 and 8pm for the section or division in which you play. At the foot of each SMS will be an advertiser’s message which pays for the transmission of the SMS. Please note that all advertisers have been approved by RDFL. To ensure all players and officials receive this free service it is essential your mobile phone number be listed in your club’s SportingPulse database.

As the SMS service may also be used to send out information about the competition it is a condition of registration that you agree to receive information via SMS. Therefore, there will not be an opt-out mechanism in the SMS.

If you do not wish to receive the SMS please call 03 8506 9739 from your mobile phone.
Recieved my test SMS, thanks mate.

Final Scores -

Riddell - 22. 13. 145. Def' Romsey - 8. 9. 57.

Brayden Allen - BOG, in one of the best all over (unchanged) rucking displays you are ever likely to see. :thumbsu:

Tom Waters did a great job against the Roos big fella's and Meacham had a day to forget, totally outplayed by Leigh Irwin. Tigers looked much better than round one against the Bombers.

Can't wait to see Irwin on James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back