RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Omni - So both at 9-0 will be massive then. Can the flag be won by a team outside of these 2?

Romsey have a very good list and once they get a win on the board they will continue on to be dangerous, lancefield are always up and down this time of the year so expect them to start hitting their straps and throw their hats in the ring. Apart from Riddell throw a blanket over another 4 or 5 teams.
What a season this will be for the RDFL.

Yes most definately, romsey can come back from here darryl. I said to my players before the game that i beleive romsey have the best list in the competition. Sunbury won the first 5 games last year and missed finals by a whisker. Its all about the draw. who u play and when?
Todays game was just a good old fashioned DOG FIGHT. There was a 5 goal breeze to one end and it was always going to be whoever used the wind better. GARRRRRY was very good,spent most of the game in the midfield and connellan was very galant all day battling our 5 ruckman.lol.
The way romsey finished against the tigers last week and the way they went about this game id be suprised if they lose another game anytime soon. :thumbsu:
THANKS MONGREL:thumbsu: FEW SORE BODIES AT ROMSEY TODAY ,YAK IS A STAR AND GAARRRYYYY GETTING BETTER AFTER EACH WEEK:) HOPEFULLY A WIN JUST AROUND THE CORNER :thumbsu:

Another interesting Round of RDFL games sees things starting to take shape in 2010..

I didn't get to see any games on the weekend, which annoys me to no end... But interesting to see what one can glean from reports back from matches...

The Burra midfield were completely outplayed at JJ Clancy, although the Burra defence tried hard on the weekend, they couldn't cope with the amount of football going inside the Blues forward 50, Matt Robertson was far and away the best player on the ground and his use of the football was apparently first rate.. The quotes I received were "If they could give him all 6 votes it would be completely justified". My concerns for the Burra was that too much would be left to too few, the weekend seems to be the case.. Kilmore have inserted themselves well and truly back in the race for the top 6. With games against Broadford and Woodend in the next 2 weeks, they could be sitting pretty in the top 4.

Romsey are one of the best sides in the competition at back against the wall football, they threw everything at the Kangaroos but came up short. It has to be a concern for the Redbacks, and frustrating as they regularly come up with the goods in that situation, the positive for the Redbacks is that while they have Riddell this week, a tough assignment in any language let alone being 0-4, but the following weeks see them take on Centrals, Broadford and Rockbank before taking on Woodend and Wallan at home. If the confidence returns in these games, they could easily turn 5-5 and be back in the race, but 5 losses to start the season means that 2 or 3 more losses for the season and they could be out of the race.

Riddell continue to prove they are the benchmark, the improvement has come from the speed over the ground for the Bombers, they have always been known for their ability in all area's, but were never considered the quickest football side running around. This year, from all reports, they have added pace to the line up and opposition sides are finding it tough to match up. 3 goals in the first couple of minutes on the weekend had the Magpies chasing tail for the remainder of the game, opposition sides need to be on their toes from the opening bounce, otherwise, it will become ugly very quickly, can anyone say "Aura".. The Magpies will need to bounce back this week against Diggers, in what will be a ripping contest.

The Tigers continue on their merry way under the radar, a thumping win against the Hawks has them right on track for a top 4 finish. John Baker proved what an important part of the team he is as a foil for Brian Ruffell and the Tigers still have so much improvement if Talbot, Dorman and D.House return to the line up. They are a dangerous match up for any side that considers themselves a contender, this week's game against the Roos will be a ripper.

Centrals are on the board with a determined win against Broadford. Great to see Kane Bullen amongst the best players. Last weeks performance against Kilmore could be the catalyst for a turnaround in Centrals season, but they have 3 very tough games ahead..

Macedon had a good win against the Rams but are still lacking support for Fleming, the need the McArthur's back to help out, when these two return, look out for the Cats. Good to see Zerafa bounce back with a BOG for the Rams, obviously a much better player with Jackal in the side.

What I learned from Round 4
  • Riddell and the Kangaroos are generating some excitement, there is already talk of the Round 10 match-up. But some danger games loom in the meantime, both sides should be cautious about the weeks ahead.
  • Romsey are languishing, but they have a good run in the coming weeks, beware the confident Redbacks, they are a confidence side, the first win might just see them start to fire.
  • The ups and downs of the opening 4 weeks is starting to sort itself out. Woodend/Hesket are struggling again, the Burra were found out a little, the Cats need some key players back.
  • The race for the finals will be very clear come Round 10.
Round 4 performance ladder

Riddell
Lancefield
Kilmore
Sunbury Kangaroos
Romsey
Macedon

Melton Centrals
Rockbank
Diggers Rest
Broadford
Wallan
Woodend/Hesket

RDFL Tipping - Round 4

1. Slyone - 20
  2. Cats2010 - 19
  3. matt_nicholls - 19
  4. Doona - 18
  5. grumpy smurf - 18
  6. Joeblow2 - 18
  7. Blues12 - 17
  8. Itsmyshow - 17
  9. Pato34 - 17
  10. silly monkey - 17
  11. OMNIPOTENT_1 - 16
  12. Underestimated - 16
  13. Gemini17 - 15
  14. mongrel - 15
  15. Noathingortwo - 15
  16. sprechen - 15
  17. walks - 15
  18. Kings Army - 14

RDFL Tipping - Round 4

1. Slyone - 20
  2. Cats2010 - 19
  3. matt_nicholls - 19
  4. Doona - 18
  5. grumpy smurf - 18
  6. Joeblow2 - 18
  7. Blues12 - 17
  8. Itsmyshow - 17
  9. Pato34 - 17
  10. silly monkey - 17
  11. OMNIPOTENT_1 - 16
  12. Underestimated - 16
  13. Gemini17 - 15
  14. mongrel - 15
  15. Noathingortwo - 15
  16. sprechen - 15
  17. walks - 15
  18. Kings Army - 14

Not sure who 15 is but it aint me!

WHAT ??? :eek:

Surely you blokes are outa cash down there by now pal ?

I hear Meach' will need a wheelbarrow to get his home at the end of every month !!! :p

Gee you really are a tosser OMNI, I think I'm being short changed her Mongrel according to statdad. Might have to ask for the ammount of cash his son wanted and got?

Gee you really are a tosser OMNI, I think I'm being short changed her Mongrel according to statdad. Might have to ask for the ammount of cash his son wanted and got?

Hook line and sinker there i think!! haha. Why would you even bother replying?? $100k's poured into the club, im sure your getting your fair share of it!! Surely the facilities didnt lure you there!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hook line and sinker there i think!! haha. Why would you even bother replying?? $100k's poured into the club, im sure your getting your fair share of it!! Surely the facilities didnt lure you there!!:D

Can't I have a bit of fun either Harry? Sure is a more interesting topic than crap that's been on here of late (bagging semmo for a whole week) And it's a lot closer to $200k. And the coach and president is what lured me to the club.

Can't I have a bit of fun either Harry? Sure is a more interesting topic than crap that's been on here of late (bagging semmo for a whole week) And it's a lot closer to $200k. And the coach and president is what lured me to the club.

Yeh fair point, lots of crap about umpires been spoken.

Is it a bit of fun, or is there no loved lost between you two?

Did you have a meeting at the coaches dads place? Isnt that where the money has come from? (just the whisper i heard)

I hope you guys win it this year, cos what happens next year when the money dries up from overspending this year? Not sure the players will play for free!! Or doesnt worry you, as this may be your last year?

Did you have a meeting at the coaches dads place? Isnt that where the money has come from? (just the whisper i heard)

I hope you guys win it this year, cos what happens next year when the money dries up from overspending this year? Not sure the players will play for free!! Or doesnt worry you, as this may be your last year?
Im sure Riddell will take him back in a heartbeat

I can assure you it's just fun mate, I don't really know him that well to have a personal opinion, and he is entitled to his anytime (this thread would be boring without him).
As for meeting the coaches dad. WTF?
Next year is our main goal champ, hopefully get a couple of great results this year then improve on it in 2011. As for being my last year, compare my age with all the old blokes still running around in your comp, I'm sure I still have a few more goals left in me mate.

I can assure you it's just fun mate, I don't really know him that well to have a personal opinion, and he is entitled to his anytime (this thread would be boring without him).
As for meeting the coaches dad. WTF?
Next year is our main goal champ, hopefully get a couple of great results this year then improve on it in 2011. As for being my last year, compare my age with all the old blokes still running around in your comp, I'm sure I still have a few more goals left in me mate.
Having not seen the roos play yet this year, and with you up forward now does G. Ploog still play up the pointy end?

Here we go again.. :rolleyes:

Yes, everyone, the Sunbury Kangaroos are paying $550K on players this year and will be completely broke next year, but it will all be worth it, because no one else in the league are paying any money out at all..

Here we go again.. :rolleyes:

Yes, everyone, the Sunbury Kangaroos are paying $550K on players this year and will be completely broke next year, but it will all be worth it, because no one else in the league are paying any money out at all..
You take offence at every comment made in jest about the roos.:rolleyes:

You take offence at every comment made in jest about the roos.:rolleyes:

Yep, I know... :D

I must add though, that I take offence to all posts that reference clubs "spending" above themselves.. I did it when all the talk started about Romsey bringing in Moorcroft and Green.. I just think that local football is alot more professionally managed these days and clubs wont spend what they cannot afford, if they are managed right (Riddell) then they will be able to spend over an extended period of time.. So I agree, I do stick up for the Kangaroos, but in this argument, I stick up for all sides that budget for success... :thumbsu:

Ps.. Its kinda like the Sunba97 situation too, not everything said or responded too is said without a level of tongue in cheek.

Pps.. Thanks for the tongue in cheek comment about the coaching.. Lol...:cool:

Nice try dirty harry. my old man wouldnt even know im coaching.lol. and i reckon i was 12 the last time i asked him for pocket money.
What lured u back to riddell this year pal????
And thanx for your financial advice about our spending, Ill keep that in mind before i lodge tomorrows new clearences, and next year when we double our spending:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back