RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. :) As intimidating a prospect as that surely is,..... & good luck with that too pal. (Your gunna need it - doin both roles) The players that have decided to move on probably feel they have scaled the mountain with the Bombers and just feel they would like a challenge somewhere else. I wish em all the best.:thumbsu: Especially a bloke like Jason Allen...... He has been a wonderful servant of the Riddell Football Club, & a great captain & leader..... on & off the field. 4 Premieship medals aint a bad return either ! He will be sorely missed. :footy:

But, when players leave it provides an opportunity for others to step up & fill the breech. This I am confident will happen (as it has in the past) down at Bomberland. There is some fine young talent ready to step up, add to that the depth of the quality in the two's, & I dont think Riddell will lose to much in 2011. :thumbsu: Anyway time will tell I guess. :eek:
There has been a sighting of some Sunbury Lions players being bundled into the back of a white panel Van with an unusual license plate, heading for Riddell FC, can anyone confirm this?

There has been a sighting of some Sunbury Lions players being bundled into the back of a white panel Van with an unusual license plate, heading for Riddell FC, can anyone confirm this?

tell me this is not true, Romsey offering $ 400 a game for a kid that is not a key position player and has only played a handful of games in the BFL :confused:

Depends who the players is.

has never played at TAC level, never been a consistant senior player, now 21 y.o and only played a handful of senior games. will not be match winner but could be a solid contributor. But still $ 400 for a battler, no way, but if Romsey have the money to through around then good luck to the kid. Hope they pay the kid weekly and dont do the old trick of half way through the year they reaslise they wont make finals and shut the books.:rolleyes:

has never played at TAC level, never been a consistant senior player, now 21 y.o and only played a handful of senior games. will not be match winner but could be a solid contributor. But still $ 400 for a battler, no way, but if Romsey have the money to through around then good luck to the kid. Hope they pay the kid weekly and dont do the old trick of half way through the year they reaslise they wont make finals and shut the books.:rolleyes:

Seeing as though you know all the goings on out at Romsey, maybe you can enlighten us to other signings and tabled offers.
Just make sure you get your facts and figures right.

I have really got no idea what you're on about there mate. :confused:

Only Lions player "I" know about that looks to be committing to the
Bombers in 2011, is actually an ex-Riddell Junior & Senior premiership player & Captain that was born & bred, & still resides in Riddell ! So it should be no surprise to anyone that the young bloke has decided (at this stage ! ) to come back to play with his mates............ in a better competition ! :thumbsu:

& Mate your probably getting us at Riddell a little confused with someone at Gisborne perhaps ???? :cool:

I have been involved with the RFC for along time and I cant remember a time that they have shut the books if finals were not possible. Perhaps you can enlighten us with your knowledge of the club and how they go about paying there players.

I have been involved with the RFC for along time and I cant remember a time that they have shut the books if finals were not possible. Perhaps you can enlighten us with your knowledge of the club and how they go about paying there players.
Sorry my suggestion of closing the books was not directly targeted at Romsey but the clubs that have gone out and heavily recruited well over what they actually have in their budget, in the hope they have early success on the ground which in turn has the sponsors and bar sales up. I hear stories all the time where players not being paid for what they were promised when the club has struggled during the year. If in fact what the kid is telling is the truth and he has been offered $ 400 to play at Romsey, then good luck to him, but have the recruiters done their homework on him, I would suggest not. :rolleyes:

Sorry my suggestion of closing the books was not directly targeted at Romsey but the clubs that have gone out and heavily recruited well over what they actually have in their budget, in the hope they have early success on the ground which in turn has the sponsors and bar sales up. I hear stories all the time where players not being paid for what they were promised when the club has struggled during the year. If in fact what the kid is telling is the truth and he has been offered $ 400 to play at Romsey, then good luck to him, but have the recruiters done their homework on him, I would suggest not. :rolleyes:

His surname would happen to be Styles would it? Kid has something to offer, played a handful of QAFL games to i think from memory, will play a handy role if recruited. However very limited with opportunties when the Lions have has the cattle they've had for years.

Some fo these kids who have been playing 2's football in the Ballarat comp will be very good pick up's for respective RDFL clubs. It seem there are a few who are on the move from the Lions in 2011.

His surname would happen to be Styles would it? Kid has something to offer, played a handful of QAFL games to i think from memory, will play a handy role if recruited. However very limited with opportunties when the Lions have has the cattle they've had for years.

Some fo these kids who have been playing 2's football in the Ballarat comp will be very good pick up's for respective RDFL clubs. It seem there are a few who are on the move from the Lions in 2011.

Could be more than a few if Serge takes a position in the Riddell coaches box.

Yes it is Styles I am referring too and I still say he is not worth the money he is supposedly being offered. He only played a handful of games at reserve level with Broadbeach, not seniors. If he does play in RDFL, time will tell whether the money was well spent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is Styles I am referring too and I still say he is not worth the money he is supposedly being offered. He only played a handful of games at reserve level with Broadbeach, not seniors. If he does play in RDFL, time will tell whether the money was well spent.

Styles is going to Romsay because his best mate has committed to play there - Mitch Brewer. Their boss lives in Romsey and is a sponsor. Brewer will be a great pick up for Romsey. He was a good player in the BalFL so will be a gun in the RDFL - will be interesting to see where they play him as he can go forward or back and if he gets his fitness up could play some time in the middle.

Seeing as though you know all the goings on out at Romsey, maybe you can enlighten us to other signings and tabled offers.
Just make sure you get your facts and figures right.

i have heard they have signed his best mate for $500 a game gee there must be alot of money up at Romsey

Styles is going to Romsay because his best mate has committed to play there - Mitch Brewer. Their boss lives in Romsey and is a sponsor. Brewer will be a great pick up for Romsey. He was a good player in the BalFL so will be a gun in the RDFL - will be interesting to see where they play him as he can go forward or back and if he gets his fitness up could play some time in the middle.

could this be the beginning off a shootout between romsey and riddells creek??
if these rumours are true romsey will be tough to topple with at least 7 stars already in the bag.
lots of waffle on here about wallan and them having the best coach but it looks like there last coach is doing a little less talk and a lot more doing. romsey top two imo:thumbsu:

could this be the beginning off a shootout between romsey and riddells creek??
if these rumours are true romsey will be tough to topple with at least 7 stars already in the bag.
lots of waffle on here about wallan and them having the best coach but it looks like there last coach is doing a little less talk and a lot more doing. romsey top two imo:thumbsu:
romsey will be broke by the mid season point, pedo wrecked wallan with his money spending, as sonn as the money dries up the players wont be there.

from the romsey footy club website!!!

Austin quits bullants to become a redback

the romsey football netball club have secured the services of talented onballer shaune austin for 2011.

Austin was a member of the northern bullants side that went down to the north ballarat roosters in the 2010 vfl grand final.

Having spent the last couple of seasons at the bullants, shaune is looking forward to the challenge of joining the redbacks and has been very impressive on the training track to date. Austin has impressed coach mark pederson and the committee with his work ethic on the track and the way that he has gone about bonding with his new team mates.

President luke baker is pleased to have secured the services of austin stating, "the way shaune has bonded with the players at this early stage has been very encouraging. He is a very likeable guy and having played the level of footy he has, is more than happy to pass on some tips to the younger guys when asked".

Having secured the services of austin and the davidson brothers and a core group of talented youngsters like cam dawson, dean smith-whiting, ash mcnaughton, steve burlak and nic wilson; sticking with the club things are looking positive for 2011.

Operations manager mark dipietro states "even though we have some talented footballers to put out on the park, we still need to bust our guts on the track to make sure that everything is primed for round 1. Things won't happen if we aren't prepared to work. We still have a few aces up our sleeve by way of player signings and hopefully these will be finalised before christmas."

will austin be one of the better players in this league ?

will austin be one of the better players in this league ?

He played a couple of practice matches for us last year and I have seen him play for bullants, will no doubt be one of the better players in the comp. Huge pick up for the redbacks.

romsey will be broke by the mid season point, pedo wrecked wallan with his money spending, as sonn as the money dries up the players wont be there.

Why comment on something you know nothing about. You wouldnt have a clue what Romsey are, or will spend on players this year. I can think of alot of things that may have wrecked Wallan and there coach wasnt one of them.

Apart from moorcroft, has anyone departed romsey? Sounds like they are looking the goods.

Moorcroft is the only one to depart from 2010. Hopefully it stays that way. A few clubs are chasing some of the young guns pretty hard but they are pretty loyal to the club.The players are wrapped with the coach and the list that is being put together so its hard to see to many departures.

Why comment on something you know nothing about. You wouldnt have a clue what Romsey are, or will spend on players this year. I can think of alot of things that may have wrecked Wallan and there coach wasnt one of them.
that is funny, ask the boys at wallan what they think pedo did to the club? an see what answer you get back champ.he brang in so call gun recruits an they did nothing.

that is funny, ask the boys at wallan what they think pedo did to the club? an see what answer you get back champ.he brang in so call gun recruits an they did nothing.

Why weren't they up front and honest then when the young bloke took over as president before 2010 kicked off and got Gilly in the chair then???

Didn't guys like Groth, Hollingsworth, Turner, Regan, Henderson all come during Peddo's time and have contributed more than quite a few on the list?
Jayco did a bit more than nothing the couple of times I called in last year also . . . . . in fact speaking with the Wallan guys I know they dont actually carry the same sentiments as you and are hoping your just an outsider stirring and aint in fact a current team mate hiding behind an alias coz if so your posts aren't impressing too many at Greenhill Reserve.

Im sure Im not the only poster having been asked of late "do you know who herehere is".

be VERY careful champ...... no good taking pot shots and making personal attacks on a gentleman (PEDO) from behind the keyboard WEAK IN MY BOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back