RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Doona long time! Im sure all these blokes on here are solicitors and lawyers the way they carry on:D I knew a guy from my home town that got stooged by a club once he signed and when he tried to leave, the club appealed. The guy in question said he never signed a thing and it was his word against the club in questions, and they didnt have a leg to stand on. A witness to a contract has to be someone of importance eg JP or solicitor, not your clubs canteen lady or secretary. VCFL hot-shots wouldnt stand up in court if it came to a fraudulent document....:cool:
Had a player stand out for 6 weeks last year & had to return to his club due to being a contracted player! Contracts in football are concrete, no if's no but's.

My friend, a person with your vast experience and coaching knowledge know's only too well, that it's far to early to predict whats going to happen in 6 months time! it's a long road ahead and there are some very good teams in this comp which are very capable.
Sunbury have huge numbers and have recruited well, Dean has a big recruite no one knows about as well as himself and a team who has a year under their belt. Diggers have picked up some huge recruits!! Macedon are the dark horse and Al will have them fit & ready to go, Wallan have huge numbers and could be anything! Jayco has been busy recruiting and with the midfield Kilmore has, well we all know if the big fella gets the feed he will finish it off! Through Riddell in the mix as well as 1 or 2 suprise packets and who knows whois going to play off!! The season ahead is looking very interesting!!!!
who is the new recruite dean

who is the new recruite dean

No recruits to mention 63dogs. In fact we have only two new recruits in Danny Harrison and Dermotte Smythe. Nathan Carroll and John Baker are no longer playing with the Kangas, They have both signed contracts and one has been paid match payments in advance but have decided to shop elsewhere since. Im not entirely sure if we will reach a deal with Nuemerka yet or let the boys have a rest for 12 months. As a club we can only field the best team of players possible out of the ones that truly want to be there. If a player is 95 percent committed then i dont want them.

All the talk about Kangas being premiers etc. is probably a fair way off the mark with this setback, but id rather have a crack with players that want to play for me and the club, than those that only chase a buck:thumbsu:

No recruits to mention 63dogs. In fact we have only two new recruits in Danny Harrison and Dermotte Smythe. Nathan Carroll and John Baker are no longer playing with the Kangas, They have both signed contracts and one has been paid match payments in advance but have decided to shop elsewhere since. Im not entirely sure if we will reach a deal with Nuemerka yet or let the boys have a rest for 12 months. As a club we can only field the best team of players possible out of the ones that truly want to be there. If a player is 95 percent committed then i dont want them.

All the talk about Kangas being premiers etc. is probably a fair way off the mark with this setback, but id rather have a crack with players that want to play for me and the club, than those that only chase a buck:thumbsu:
good point if they cant give 100% why should you or club waste time on them may be 1 year out off the game will make them think before they shop them selfs around again.

Really disappointing article in the News section of the Lancefield website regarding the current situation they are facing... Naming other RDFL clubs as "poachers" and claiming that many RDFL clubs would like nothing more than too see the Tigers fold is a bit of a stretch, I am sure there would not be a person in the RDFL that would want the Lancefield Tigers as a club to fold...

As for the "poaching" bit, well, we have been over that on here a million times!!!

Macedon will be very lucky to make the finals this season, and if they do they will almost certainly go out again straight away like they have in the past three years. They have not made any improvement to their list whatsoever. They are just treading water up there. Whilst other clubs are out there busy topping up their lists, filling the holes where they may feel they have a weakness or two, Macedon do NOTHING ! Infact they have gone backwards, loosing their "star" recruit from last season - Dylan Wright.
The powers that be up there should just come out and be honest with the senior playing group and tell it how it is - And that is - That winning the Premiership is NOT the clubs main priority !

Short fixes are not always the answer roy. And its not always the best thing for a club going foward. Years back when i captained Macedon we identified a few troubles in regards to moving foward as a successfull club. The main one was trying to attract players to a club located in Macedon.
I was recently speaking to a life member at the cattery and he said that the main objective at macedon was to work on the offield side of the club in the hope of drawing players to the club in the future. By that i mean, building good facilities, putting in a solid juniors program etc.
It will always take time to show results doing things this way but i do beleive they are definately on the right track. Anyone can go and spend up big and try to be at the top, but the question is how long will that work.Your point is right on the mark but there is good reason for the cats doing things this way. SHORT TERM PAIN FOR LONG TERM GAIN:thumbsu:

Hey Doona long time! Im sure all these blokes on here are solicitors and lawyers the way they carry on:D I knew a guy from my home town that got stooged by a club once he signed and when he tried to leave, the club appealed. The guy in question said he never signed a thing and it was his word against the club in questions, and they didnt have a leg to stand on. A witness to a contract has to be someone of importance eg JP or solicitor, not your clubs canteen lady or secretary. VCFL hot-shots wouldnt stand up in court if it came to a fraudulent document....:cool:

The courts have nothing to do with football contracts.
A contract is signed by the player and a representative from the club. No witness required.
If it is to go to an appeal, the advocate must have no legal qualification.
The hearing is heard at AFL Vic. Both clubs must put up $550, whichever club wins the appeal only receives $250 back.

If you would like a copy of the transfer regulations, PM me and i will happily email them to you.:thumbsu:

Macedon will be very lucky to make the finals this season, and if they do they will almost certainly go out again straight away like they have in the past three years. They have not made any improvement to their list whatsoever. They are just treading water up there. Whilst other clubs are out there busy topping up their lists, filling the holes where they may feel they have a weakness or two, Macedon do NOTHING ! Infact they have gone backwards, loosing their "star" recruit from last season - Dylan Wright.
The powers that be up there should just come out and be honest with the senior playing group and tell it how it is - And that is - That winning the Premiership is NOT the clubs main priority !

Wright was not in Macedons best 6 last players last year. Infact id say that the team would improve with him leaving.

My friend, a person with your vast experience and coaching knowledge know's only too well, that it's far to early to predict whats going to happen in 6 months time! it's a long road ahead and there are some very good teams in this comp which are very capable.
Sunbury have huge numbers and have recruited well, Dean has a big recruite no one knows about as well as himself and a team who has a year under their belt. Diggers have picked up some huge recruits!! Macedon are the dark horse and Al will have them fit & ready to go, Wallan have huge numbers and could be anything! Jayco has been busy recruiting and with the midfield Kilmore has, well we all know if the big fella gets the feed he will finish it off! Through Riddell in the mix as well as 1 or 2 suprise packets and who knows whois going to play off!! The season ahead is looking very interesting!!!!

Ha ha I know I know mate, just been in a bit of a stirring mood of late :D guess it's a lot less stressful in my world at present for the first time in close to a decade and its been good. Besides I save my fair dinkum thoughts for our chats away from the public eye ;)

This whole contract thing is so confusing I reckon. Say for instance, if Lancefield knocks back the Baker/Carroll application to join Mongrel at Sunbury it then becomes a Numurkah/Lancefield transaction yeh??? Even though contracts are signed and cash already handed over - would that then become a seperate job to recoup the coin???

This whole contract thing is so confusing I reckon. Say for instance, if Lancefield knocks back the Baker/Carroll application to join Mongrel at Sunbury it then becomes a Numurkah/Lancefield transaction yeh??? Even though contracts are signed and cash already handed over - would that then become a seperate job to recoup the coin???

im sure if he has any brains he doesn't want mongrel to recoup the coin could be very painfull!!!!

That is the risk that all clubs take with sign on fees. I personally hate them.
A club only has a week to respond to a clearance, then it is automatic. most clubs would want to get them in asap i would think.

If the boys want to go to numurkah they will need a clearance from sunbury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek:

Mark strack is a ripper. Great bloke, top footballer, and DUAL bowen medalist. Good to see him return to the RDFL. Not so good for opposition teams tho

Not saying he's finished but you'd imagine we won't see him at his very best any more. Still a very handy recruit though. His experience up at Wang would no doubt have made him an even smarter footballer. Would hate to be a forward pocket this season.

Big breaking news regarding a deal the RDFL has made with the Essendon FC for the junior program.. Details to be released in the next week or so, but by the sounds of it, a fantastic result for the entire league.. Well done to the GM and his crew :thumbsu:

Great to hear Strackey is back i have had some great duels with him in the past. A real competitor and a good bloke if im in RDFL this year would look forward to running rings around him again haha will be good for the comp. Gonna be a close year this year comp very even.

Premiers: Sunbury

League Medal: ????

Goal Kicker: Easy...JAMESY

Biggest Talk of the year: How do u stop the kangas??

Not saying he's finished but you'd imagine we won't see him at his very best any more. Still a very handy recruit though. His experience up at Wang would no doubt have made him an even smarter footballer. Would hate to be a forward pocket this season.
MATTHEW.......MATTHEW....MATTHEW... I DEAR SAY MY little friend:eek: WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE BEST OF BULLDOG YET, ONLY 29 YEARS YOUNG, IN HIS PRIME SUPER FIT AND RARING TO GO, DONT WORRY ABOUT THE BACK POCKET,ON BALL I AM HEARING PLAYED AT QUEENSLAND LAST YEAR AND PERTH THE 2 YEARS BEFORE THAT... ARE WE ALL OVER THE MOON TO BRING THIS CHAMPION HOME ...YOU BET YA:thumbsu:BBBBUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDOOOOOGGGGGGG:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I hear Romsey signed a Bowen medalist last night.

Mark Strack?

MATTHEW.......MATTHEW....MATTHEW... I DEAR SAY MY little friend:eek: WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE BEST OF BULLDOG YET, ONLY 29 YEARS YOUNG, IN HIS PRIME SUPER FIT AND RARING TO GO, DONT WORRY ABOUT THE BACK POCKET,ON BALL I AM HEARING PLAYED AT QUEENSLAND LAST YEAR AND PERTH THE 2 YEARS BEFORE THAT... ARE WE ALL OVER THE MOON TO BRING THIS CHAMPION HOME ...YOU BET YA:thumbsu:BBBBUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDOOOOOGGGGGGG:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

slyone is this true ????

thought we were buds :(

:eek:

Mark strack is a ripper. Great bloke, top footballer, and DUAL bowen medalist. Good to see him return to the RDFL. Not so good for opposition teams tho
now 5.00pm friday and see carroll and baker are now kangarros.ball is your court now mongrel hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back