RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really disappointing article in the News section of the Lancefield website regarding the current situation they are facing... Naming other RDFL clubs as "poachers" and claiming that many RDFL clubs would like nothing more than too see the Tigers fold is a bit of a stretch, I am sure there would not be a person in the RDFL that would want the Lancefield Tigers as a club to fold...

As for the "poaching" bit, well, we have been over that on here a million times!!!

That was a letter sent to all current and past players that the club has contact details for. You might see it as disappointing, I see it as a passionate plea to people around the club to help keep the Tigers on the park.

That was a letter sent to all current and past players that the club has contact details for. You might see it as disappointing, I see it as a passionate plea to people around the club to help keep the Tigers on the park.

I don't have a problem with the passionate plea.. What I think is clutching at straws is the insinuation that the other clubs in the competition are the reason for the troubles that your club now faces, and that they are enjoying it.. Could not be farther from the truth....

Wright was not in Macedons best 6 last players last year. Infact id say that the team would improve with him leaving.

hmmm, not in the best six? spent alot of time in the midfield and ended up playing 15 games and winning the goal kicking byt 20 odd goals, playing with very limited hamstrings also.

Rumour has it he may be a cat in 2011 after all. You just never know what tomorow will bring.

So what are the prediction guys, what teams look good who don’t, players to watch out for ladders ect. Really liked reading itsmyshow last season.

hmmm, not in the best six? spent alot of time in the midfield and ended up playing 15 games and winning the goal kicking byt 20 odd goals, playing with very limited hamstrings also.

Rumour has it he may be a cat in 2011 after all. You just never know what tomorow will bring.

Speaking to a few players from the club, i get the feeling that they would be quite happy if he didnt come back!!

Speaking to a few players from the club, i get the feeling that they would be quite happy if he didnt come back!!

Speaking with players that are considering playing in the RDFL that read big footy, I get the feeling that they put a line through teams that have a crack at players once they have left a club. It serves no purpose exept a detrimental one to the club.

Maybe the reason Riddell are so successful is that you don't see them bagging any players that have left the club. Maybe that is also the reason so many return!

I don't have a problem with the passionate plea.. What I think is clutching at straws is the insinuation that the other clubs in the competition are the reason for the troubles that your club now faces, and that they are enjoying it.. Could not be farther from the truth....
Firstly, the letter is aimed at triggering the pride of Lancefield people, not at any other person or club.

Secondly, nowhere in the letter does it say that any other club is the reason for our current situation. Sorry, was the word 'poached' used? Maybe you'd prefer 'lured' or 'recruited'? Fact is that rival RDFL clubs have 'recruited' some of our better players. You can't blame them for that. Fact is, some of our better players have been 'lured' no doubt for better coin. Good luck to them. The letter also mentions players going to bigger competitions and others retiring. In the same sentence. Not sure how other RDFL clubs have influenced this?

"Football is a very competetive game and I am sure there are other RDFL clubs that would enjoy seeing LFNC fail." That's what is written in the letter. Nothing about seeing us 'fold'. You don't think Romsey would love seeing us slide down the ladder? That, IMO, is the very definition of failing, especially when the past 2 seasons have yielded a premiership and a top 2 finish after H&A season.

So mate, if you want to turn this into a shot at other clubs, you go for your life. But reality is our presidents passion for the club was put into words to stir the passion of Lancefield people. And as a result the numbers are continuing to improve on the track, and the club is looking forward to fielding 3 teams in 2011. :thumbsu:

Speaking with players that are considering playing in the RDFL that read big footy, I get the feeling that they put a line through teams that have a crack at players once they have left a club. It serves no purpose exept a detrimental one to the club.

Maybe the reason Riddell are so successful is that you don't see them bagging any players that have left the club. Maybe that is also the reason so many return!

Could'nt agree more with this statement. Perhaps you should take it on board when making comments regarding the Lions past players ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, the letter is aimed at triggering the pride of Lancefield people, not at any other person or club.

Secondly, nowhere in the letter does it say that any other club is the reason for our current situation. Sorry, was the word 'poached' used? Maybe you'd prefer 'lured' or 'recruited'? Fact is that rival RDFL clubs have 'recruited' some of our better players. You can't blame them for that. Fact is, some of our better players have been 'lured' no doubt for better coin. Good luck to them. The letter also mentions players going to bigger competitions and others retiring. In the same sentence. Not sure how other RDFL clubs have influenced this?

"Football is a very competetive game and I am sure there are other RDFL clubs that would enjoy seeing LFNC fail." That's what is written in the letter. Nothing about seeing us 'fold'. You don't think Romsey would love seeing us slide down the ladder? That, IMO, is the very definition of failing, especially when the past 2 seasons have yielded a premiership and a top 2 finish after H&A season.

So mate, if you want to turn this into a shot at other clubs, you go for your life. But reality is our presidents passion for the club was put into words to stir the passion of Lancefield people. And as a result the numbers are continuing to improve on the track, and the club is looking forward to fielding 3 teams in 2011. :thumbsu:

How about just plain "Decided to Leave" ??? Correct me if I am wrong Joe please, but it appears (to an outsider) that Lancefield was VERY slow out of the blocks for setting themselves up for the 2011 season, & thus has NO ONE to blame but themselves for the predicament they now find themselves in. Your best player decides to leave (for whatever reason) & the Club failes to retain his services. This seems to have triggered a domino effect with many other of the clubs best players choosing to jump ship also.

Players play football to play in Premierships, & when an exodus starts, well........... No one wants to be left on the Titanic pal, its as simple as that !
Anyway I sincerly wish the Lancefield Football Club all the best with their efforts in 2011, a Competition is only as good as its weekest link & I am absolutely certain that no-one would like to see ANY of our Clubs fold or go into recess.

would like to say a big congrats to jesse sheppard for getting the job as captain and good luck to danny waters with coaching. lets hope the forwards can kick some goals and keep woodend in it big job for ross waters and james hepburn (hope hepburn keeps his mouth shut and plays footy). as for the rest of the team to many have left and not enough coming in to fill the holes will be a rough year i think.

Agree. It is just a cheap shot. You would never see that with Riddell. In fact you barely see anyone connected with Riddell post on here and its pretty much unheard of to see anyone from diggers post on here. Could be something in that. Riddell rarely loose players.

Agree. It is just a cheap shot. You would never see that with Riddell. In fact you barely see anyone connected with Riddell post on here and its pretty much unheard of to see anyone from diggers post on here. Could be something in that. Riddell rarely loose players.

It's obviously unrelated but I see the Allen boys are leaving Riddell. Anyone know why?

It's obviously unrelated but I see the Allen boys are leaving Riddell. Anyone know why?

New challenge for both of em pal. These brothers are pretty close too, so no surprise to see them both leave together to play at the same club. Less responsibility for Jason means he can just concentrate on playing & enjoying his footy. Heaps of Premierships & B&Fs between the two of em at Riddell so why would'nt they have a crack somewhere else ?

I tell you what you DONT see at Riddell pal, & thats a player leaving to go & play with another RDFL club !
Anyway scoop.......

They'll come back HOME to play one day............They all do ! :thumbsu:

PS. Its just as well Riddell local players choose to go & play & prop up other clubs. Just imagine how good the Bombers would be if home grown locals like - Jason Allen, Brayden Allen, Lee James, James Petran & Ben Sonogan just to name a few were playing in the red & black in 2011 ????

sounds like romseys new oppisition analystis trying to keep the rivalry going strong:D:D:D

Once again JB, I have no issue what so ever with the effort of the Lancefield President, Ian has done an outstanding job with the club and I hope to see continued and sustained success happen for all of the clubs within the RDFL, the more competitive the league, the stronger the competition, so don't take this as a direct stab..

My point is pretty similar to what Omni pointed out, the fact is, in the article there is quite a strong message pointed at everyone else, but no where in the message where the Lancefield FC takes some responsibility for the position that they currently find themselves in, the fact is, the majority of the responsibility for the current situation at Tigerland rests with the club itself, the planning for the 2011 season just wasn't where it needed to be... There is no reason to point the fingers at others for that position...

would like to say a big congrats to jesse sheppard for getting the job as captain and good luck to danny waters with coaching. lets hope the forwards can kick some goals and keep woodend in it big job for ross waters and james hepburn (hope hepburn keeps his mouth shut and plays footy). as for the rest of the team to many have left and not enough coming in to fill the holes will be a rough year i think.
Ha, Wont happen. You should hear him when he's playing cricket, nothing wrong with a bit of lip, and Jimi can usually back it up with his footy. Sam Bowen also a big loss, Good luck to DW-will be a big challenge for the Hawks this year.

correct KA, clearly a bit more politics at the cats that what we think. Its about winning a flag is it not? who cares if the boys are best mates in cricket season, need to be able to put diff's aside and win.
i believe wright has spoken to 15 or so players who have all given their blessing for him to return, including nipper and christiansen. Seems to be mixed emotions up cattery way, very true tho KA, bagging a player out on Big footy is not the right way to go about it, from what i seen of the cats in 2011 ud rather have Wright at ur desposal than not have him, maybe the cats who dont want him should bite their tongue :eek:

Well things are certainly heating up on the clearances page... Great to see some of the names coming into the league!!!

Broadford have been busy so far, which is a massive positive for the league.

Diggers have been awful busy too, much more so than any preseason in recent memory. The signing of Cam Saliba is a bonus as he fits a need for the Burra.

We know about how Kilmore is travelling, some really solid recruiting is going to put them right in the mix.

Centrals have surprisingly been very quiet, with Mark Greenshields taking the reigns again I would expect that he would have more resources at his disposal in 2011, time will tell.

Riddell is going to be the one to beat again, although losing McCabe and the Allen brothers, the return of Peter Robertson is huge and the signing of former Gissy on baller Levi Moss and Brian Ruffell from Lancefield means they are going to be a force.

The Rams aren't filling the pages with clearances, but the signing of Travis Dodd will be important, highly rated midfielder in the GDFL.

Romsey are well positioned as well advertised. Talbot, Irwin and Strack are very handy additions.

The Kangaroos are travelling along nicely, some key signings from Strath will position them very well.

Many clearances in for players moving to Wallan. Plenty of well known names in our competition.

Surprisingly, Woodend/Hesket have seen no incoming clearances and plenty of outgoing.. It looks a tough year ahead for the Hawks. Ditto goes for Lancefield..

While Macedon have zero ins and zero outs, things quiet at Macedon, no movement either way...

Some interesting times over the coming weeks, most sides will have practice matches coming up now too, anyone know of any at this stage?

just had a look at the clearances what a pick up for wallan in Mathew Robinson and galea though there has been a few to leave. There also seems a lot going to wallan is that due the 18s fielding a side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back