RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just had a look at the clearances what a pick up for wallan in Mathew Robinson and galea though there has been a few to leave. There also seems a lot going to wallan is that due the 18s fielding a side.
Watch out for the wallan 18s. finals contenders, got a few guns coming from the nfl!

Anyone going to watch Riddell compete on the 6th March for the Boags Pre-Season cup, make sure you jump on this thread and rank the sides for a chance to win a double pass into a marquee, food and bevvies supplied and entry supplied... Going to be a top day out, would be a good way to enjoy it!!!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20195496#post20195496

not all. but we still hav a fair bit to go through from the 18s. watch out for j barber and b schraven these 2 blokes will make the best players in the riddle look very very silly.

Agree, wallan should have a pretty good under 18s side on the park this year, with most of them doing the full pre-season so should all be fit too

Well things are certainly heating up on the clearances page... Great to see some of the names coming into the league!!!

Broadford have been busy so far, which is a massive positive for the league.

Diggers have been awful busy too, much more so than any preseason in recent memory. The signing of Cam Saliba is a bonus as he fits a need for the Burra.

We know about how Kilmore is travelling, some really solid recruiting is going to put them right in the mix.

Centrals have surprisingly been very quiet, with Mark Greenshields taking the reigns again I would expect that he would have more resources at his disposal in 2011, time will tell.

Riddell is going to be the one to beat again, although losing McCabe and the Allen brothers, the return of Peter Robertson is huge and the signing of former Gissy on baller Levi Moss and Brian Ruffell from Lancefield means they are going to be a force.

The Rams aren't filling the pages with clearances, but the signing of Travis Dodd will be important, highly rated midfielder in the GDFL.

Romsey are well positioned as well advertised. Talbot, Irwin and Strack are very handy additions.

The Kangaroos are travelling along nicely, some key signings from Strath will position them very well.

Many clearances in for players moving to Wallan. Plenty of well known names in our competition.

Surprisingly, Woodend/Hesket have seen no incoming clearances and plenty of outgoing.. It looks a tough year ahead for the Hawks. Ditto goes for Lancefield..

While Macedon have zero ins and zero outs, things quiet at Macedon, no movement either way...

Some interesting times over the coming weeks, most sides will have practice matches coming up now too, anyone know of any at this stage?

Riddell also have lost g.liddell who won the b.o.g medal in the grand final to Avenel in the kdfl

Wasn't he originally heading north to the Cairns league?
Whats the KDFL like anyway?

Yeah thats what i had heard too, but he is now up at avenel. Bit different footy to the riddell, rdfl is more physical whilst the kdfl can be a bit more free flowing and running because of the bigger grounds. It is only a minor country league though as most of the towns are smaller towns

Riddell also have lost g.liddell who won the b.o.g medal in the grand final to Avenel in the kdfl

Wasn't he originally heading north to the Cairns league?
Whats the KDFL like anyway?

Gez should do it on the bit in the KDFL and will add some stiff opposition to the young Wallan chap's (Goodwin) tilt at a hatrick of Swans B&F's

We are not blaming the other clubs in the RDFL. We are not blaming the players who have moved on.
We hope those players that have moved on have enjoyed there time at Lancefield FNC and wish them all the best. I know the other clubs in the RDFL don't want Lancefield FNC to fail
I'm sure some will return as they have in the past
So we look forward to the coming season with the younger players stepping up under the leadership of new coach Paul Tilley, and building the next Lancefield Premiership team.
So good luck to all the sides in season 2011

Could you please tell us all white tiger:D is it true that the Lancefield football club committee has requested to the league that they will only field 1 side out of 3,,,,, to run out on the oval this year :thumbsdown: what do all other clubs think, can this happen ?????? we need your club to survive:footy: also got told that your juniors have drop from 5 teams to 3 teams this year, fill us all in on whats going on up there and why this is happening,towns are to get bigger, not have everyone leave maybe they need new blood on the committee:rolleyes::(:confused: :eek: so what do you think WHITETIGER & JOE BLOW so talk to us,,,,,, we need the tigers ;)

I have been told Lancefield Junior Football Club will field 5 teams, U9,10,12,14,16. Numbers are tight in 9's and 10's but they will get there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why the Bowen Medal has been moved from a Monday night to a Wednesday night? I also understand the Bowen will be a week or two later than normal.

Also, why is the Preliminary Final going to be played on a Sunday this year?:thumbsdown:

Could you please tell us all white tiger:D is it true that the Lancefield football club committee has requested to the league that they will only field 1 side out of 3,,,,, to run out on the oval this year :thumbsdown: what do all other clubs think, can this happen ?????? we need your club to survive:footy: also got told that your juniors have drop from 5 teams to 3 teams this year, fill us all in on whats going on up there and why this is happening,towns are to get bigger, not have everyone leave maybe they need new blood on the committee:rolleyes::(:confused: :eek: so what do you think WHITETIGER & JOE BLOW so talk to us,,,,,, we need the tigers ;)

No the commitee has not made any requests to the league. We intend to field 3 side this year. don't know about the junior but believe thay will field 5 sides
the tigers have been part of the RDFL since 1888 and will be around for years to come

thanks white tiger BUT when i pulled into the lanny park on monday night and only seen 6 players and the coach on the field from 6.45 till 7.30 it makes my heart beat a little bit slower is there anything we as a football public can do to help you blokes out let us no:thumbsu: thanks mate :confused:

thanks white tiger BUT when i pulled into the lanny park on monday night and only seen 6 players and the coach on the field from 6.45 till 7.30 it makes my heart beat a little bit slower is there anything we as a football public can do to help you blokes out let us no:thumbsu: thanks mate :confused:

From what I have been told from a few players that have left the tigers over the past couple of years they are sick of the way the club treats them. No real feeling or show of appreciation from the committee to wards the players. I've often heard many Lancefield supporters say what a great club it is,but over the last few years I haven't heard that out of the mouths of many players. You can have the best facilities in the competition but if the club and supporters have little or show little appreciation for the playing group then players are certain to look to play elsewhere.

From what I have been told from a few players that have left the tigers over the past couple of years they are sick of the way the club treats them. No real feeling or show of appreciation from the committee to wards the players. I've often heard many Lancefield supporters say what a great club it is,but over the last few years I haven't heard that out of the mouths of many players. You can have the best facilities in the competition but if the club and supporters have little or show little appreciation for the playing group then players are certain to look to play elsewhere.

sadly i think this comment sums up the attitude of so many prima donnas that are running around these days. The players arent feeling enough love.... give me a break.... Most of these un appreciated sooks get paid to play our great game but leave a club because not enough supporters or committee are patting them on the back. I have heard many so called experts on hear criticise the tigers admin for the mass exodus of players. In my eyes the only mistake they have made is looking after those individuals, providing a platforn for them to win flags and even paying most of the ones who have moved on. I hope they reward the ones who have stuck fat and dont forget those who have shat in their face.

matthew matthew matthew...... pull the boots back on buddy?? we need you.... and your love, a i am not to sure that the players that have left have <<shat>> on anyones face but if you would like to catch up with any of the boys for there explanation let them no and i am sure the will set the record straight little buddy hope to catch up soon

i am with you head shot, i have been a loyal supporter 4 years;) a fresh committee and new blood will go a long way to saving this great club GO TIGERS 2011@beyond :D just wondering if we dont get 3 full teams for the year, will we still get to host the GRAND FINAL for the 10th year running just a thought:(:D

Name the Players? Its easy to say I have been told.

Name the Players? Its easy to say I have been told.
white tiger no one should be naming anyone;) but if you go to the RDFL clearance page you will see something has drastically gone wrong at our club, 34 players:footy: have left to other clubs, retired, or just dont want to play,or even moved out of town, so maybe mate we have to start looking in OUR own back yard and see who is SHITTING in there,and stop blaming everyone and every other club for our demise. :thumbsdown: GO TIGERS;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back