RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Warna99, Sprechen and herehere could start their own thread to throw mud at people instead of taking up space on this one. Maybe they are frustrated because the people they are slagging off actually have some ability. They let their actions do the talking instead of allowing a keyboard to do it.

Anyway, back to the footy. Slyone and Mongrel, any other boom recruits taking the field at Romsey Park and Boardman?

Maybe Warna99, Sprechen and herehere could start their own thread to throw mud at people instead of taking up space on this one. Maybe they are frustrated because the people they are slagging off actually have some ability. They let their actions do the talking instead of allowing a keyboard to do it.

Anyway, back to the footy. Slyone and Mongrel, any other boom recruits taking the field at Romsey Park and Boardman?
Grant, It's been pretty quiet over our way during the Xmas break, think we have signed 4 new players and probably lost 4, sounds like Riddell will be the team to beat again with them signing players from Melton South (re Kings post)just what we all need, Mongrel will have a few players up his sleeve and they will also be hard to beat this year, Jayco has recruited well and if he signs Nolan then they will be right up there as well. Looks like an exciting year ahead, can't come quick enough!

Grant, It's been pretty quiet over our way during the Xmas break, think we have signed 4 new players and probably lost 4, sounds like Riddell will be the team to beat again with them signing players from Melton South (re Kings post)just what we all need, Mongrel will have a few players up his sleeve and they will also be hard to beat this year, Jayco has recruited well and if he signs Nolan then they will be right up there as well. Looks like an exciting year ahead, can't come quick enough!

yes riddell will be the team to beat again. We havent gone crazy with recruiting at the Kangas this year because i beleive we have a good list and we are trying to create stability. We have picked up 2 fowards and two onballers. Add to that some guys that had injuries last year in bobby johnson,mark mcinerney, meach and fenno etc will be back to strengthen the line up. Oh and a grumpy old man is training very hard at the moment too:D
One thing for sure is that players that think they can come down from leagues like the bfl etc. and dominate the rdfl might get a wake up call. I beleive the rdfl will be very strong this year and in the next 4 or 5 years become a really strong competition.In the past some clubs topped up their lists with reserves and fringe players from better leagues, however those type players will be fringe players in the better rdfl sides now IMO

If jayco plays foward pocket against Wallan i would suggest he would be the safest player on the ground:eek:

Ha ha Warna has fired things up beautifully, and whitehartlane has added a bit of spice too I see. Might have to pencil this one in as a must see as she could be on for young and old if a few posts are any indication. Also hope to pencil in Romsey/Wallan to see if herehere shakes Peddo's hand following the final siren ;)

yes riddell will be the team to beat again. We havent gone crazy with recruiting at the Kangas this year because i beleive we have a good list and we are trying to create stability. We have picked up 2 fowards and two onballers. Add to that some guys that had injuries last year in bobby johnson,mark mcinerney, meach and fenno etc will be back to strengthen the line up. Oh and a grumpy old man is training very hard at the moment too:D
One thing for sure is that players that think they can come down from leagues like the bfl etc. and dominate the rdfl might get a wake up call. I beleive the rdfl will be very strong this year and in the next 4 or 5 years become a really strong competition.In the past some clubs topped up their lists with reserves and fringe players from better leagues, however those type players will be fringe players in the better rdfl sides now IMO

I think you have missed a couple of recruits deeeno!!! There was no mention of 'BEN" the practice match thug, or that guy from Bendigo????

On a sad note, Peter Dunne who played for the Kanga's in the late 80's tragically lost his brother Gavin on NYE, I would like to pass on my condolences to Peter and his family at this very difficult & sad time. Peter would have had to have been the biggest kick of a footy i have ever seen! Keep your chin up mate.

Ha ha Warna has fired things up beautifully, and whitehartlane has added a bit of spice too I see. Might have to pencil this one in as a must see as she could be on for young and old if a few posts are any indication. Also hope to pencil in Romsey/Wallan to see if herehere shakes Peddo's hand following the final siren ;)
your still goin on about my comments get over it,, they were my views im entitled to that doona.:p

your still goin on about my comments get over it,, they were my views im entitled to that doona.:p

Settle she's all in a bit of fun herehere Im well and truly over it, actually Ive only kept it going for me old mate slyone ;) Before all this hit the airwaves Peddo was actually one of your bigger fans and sung your praises to me about the influence you'd had at Greenhill in your time there.

This forum has turned to poo !! i couldnt give a rats clacker who coached who, who doesnt like each other blah blah blah .... who gives a S$it!!!

We all know when it comes to footy time no ones gonna "test" anyone and more than likely everyone will kiss everyones ass and we'll all be best mates and skip around with flowers in our hair .....

Does anyone have any footy news at all ??

Pretty valid point Hells Bells, sorry Ive got no mail whatsoever that I can bring to the table in regards to footy action :( You got any HB or can someone else perhaps fire things up a bit with some confirmed recruiting news, who's set for a big year or maybe even some praccy game schedules

Pretty valid point Hells Bells, sorry Ive got no mail whatsoever that I can bring to the table in regards to footy action :( You got any HB or can someone else perhaps fire things up a bit with some confirmed recruiting news, who's set for a big year or maybe even some praccy game schedules

Doona is there any chance that my old adversary from HDFL and Central Murray days Chris Dunne could return to Broadford???

Doona is there any chance that my old adversary from HDFL and Central Murray days Chris Dunne could return to Broadford???

Not 100% sure, definately not for 2011. Bonnie Doon made huge inroads last year in their first crack in a decent comp (finished 3rd i think) so Id assume Dunney, Fletch and Tommy Webster will go one more year (Ray Rowbo a fair chance to come home I believe) and see if they can jag another flag. Maybe after that the lads may decide to come home to where it all started for one last season.

Settle she's all in a bit of fun herehere Im well and truly over it, actually Ive only kept it going for me old mate slyone ;) Before all this hit the airwaves Peddo was actually one of your bigger fans and sung your praises to me about the influence you'd had at Greenhill in your time there.
fair enough:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the shoe fits Grant:thumbsu:

Here Doona, i will help u old mate Heathcote to Play Wallan at Wallan on the 19th of March unless things change:thumbsu:

8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

It is a good idea, although I seriously doubt much will be learnt from the exercise. For starters, this 'Twenty20' footy will bring sides like Riddell and Albion, who would normally be out of their depth, right back into contention. Although I doubt either will win, the shorter the games go for, the better chance they are. As a rule, Riddell's pre-season form is patchy, but that's the idea of pre-season matches. Nine times out of 10 they are geared up for Round 1. I doubt the Bombers will take this venture too seriously, but no doubt if they get a sniff, will try and give it a shake within their means.

Is Fenton staying at Sunbury??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back