RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News of a massive signing down at Romsey last night! Can anyone confirm? Daryl or slyone??? I know who it is but dont want to break the news. Should place the Redbacks almost flag favourites along side Riddell IMO

I didn't realise Romsey and Lancefield merged while I was away.

Should the premiership odds read this then?

Rangers $1.80
Riddell $2.50
Sunbury Kangaroos $4
Diggers Rest $10
The rest $101
Ruffles at Riddell, also a couple at Kangas only two at the Redbacks, dont know where your coming from Pickles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure if there should be to much focus on kilmore at this stage but will be an interesting encounter between Jayco and old club Wallan. be good to see if the wallan boys line Jacobs up for taking cash elsewhere??? will be good to see him cop some rough stuff and see if he comes through with the goods.
why dont you try it on him mate

Yes mate, we are all after the same thing as well as introducing quality people into the club.

Where did romsey get there money tree from? Wish I had one! Austin $1000+, davidsons over $1000 between them, irwin not cheap, dawson, green, smith-whiting etc.... Im estimating at least 60k+, just between 4 or 5 of them! Someone win tattslotto?

News of a massive signing down at Romsey last night! Can anyone confirm? Daryl or slyone??? I know who it is but dont want to break the news. Should place the Redbacks almost flag favourites along side Riddell IMO

That would be Leigh Irwin mate.

Be buggered, dunno if you've all realised by former posts but Im a big Peddo fan - good on him there's obviously a massive respect there that guys want to come play for him (regardless of herehere's sentiments) but there has been no talk of Lancefield in any of this to date.

Im not privvy to any inside mail from Lancefield but what the hell has happened there? Win a flag, play finals then everyone bails - fair enough to go play in another league, stronger league to better one's self or even return where you once come from but to play against your previous club when it's obvious there in strife wreaks of something I dont how to describe it. Im massively confused by all this, either it's a silent protest or dislike to something that happened in the latter bit of 2010.

I hope the Tiger's committe can somehow stem the bloodlfow because the incoming coach Till's has a bloody good coaching record and woulda had that list of 2010 well and truly in the premiership race.

Again, can someone from Lancefield or one of the shipjumpers please come out and tell it like it is???

Lancefield Football Club training resumes Monday 17th January 6pm at Lancefield Park, New and exsisting players attendance and committement is vital for the survival and future of the football club for 2011 and beyond.

why dont you try it on him mate

Oh yeh try it.... why ?? coz he can go? , hes a mad dog? .... apparently everyone is these days once someone suggests having a crack at them ....

NO ONE WILL TEST ANYONE !! IT DOESNT HAPPEN !! EVERYONE IS FULL OF PISS AND WIND !!!

and why would u test him anyway ?? coz he went to coach somewhere else ? who friggin cares ? its park footy , blokes change clubs all the time its nothing new ... best way to get at a bloke who leaves is to beat the team he plays for ....

Re: 8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

I am keen as mustard to see a full strength Riddell FC give the Preseason Comp a shake.

My mail is the standard of the RDFL has risen talent wise over the past 3 or 4 years. I reckon some of the other RDFL players can give some of the individual player competititions a go!

Be great to have many of the RDFL supporters there.
South Barwon, Old Carey and Marby Park may go in as slight favorites.

Any thoughts?

Lancefield Football Club training resumes Monday 17th January 6pm at Lancefield Park, New and exsisting players attendance and committement is vital for the survival and future of the football club for 2011 and beyond.

Lets hope the numbers are good and hope that club doesn't have any dramas fielding 2 sides. would be a really dissapointing if this couldn't happen. Im sure everyone from every other club would agree. good luck to all involved.:thumbsu:

Lets hope the numbers are good and hope that club doesn't have any dramas fielding 2 sides. would be a really dissapointing if this couldn't happen. Im sure everyone from every other club would agree. good luck to all involved.:thumbsu:

Im not sure the one's that have snaffled former Tigers do :eek:

Re: 8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

I am keen as mustard to see a full strength Riddell FC give the Preseason Comp a shake.

My mail is the standard of the RDFL has risen talent wise over the past 3 or 4 years. I reckon some of the other RDFL players can give some of the individual player competititions a go!

Be great to have many of the RDFL supporters there.
South Barwon, Old Carey and Marby Park may go in as slight favorites.

Any thoughts?
Give it a shake ?
Riddell would not get within 20 goals of any of those teams (IMO)

Be buggered, dunno if you've all realised by former posts but Im a big Peddo fan - good on him there's obviously a massive respect there that guys want to come play for him (regardless of herehere's sentiments) but there has been no talk of Lancefield in any of this to date.

Im not privvy to any inside mail from Lancefield but what the hell has happened there? Win a flag, play finals then everyone bails - fair enough to go play in another league, stronger league to better one's self or even return where you once come from but to play against your previous club when it's obvious there in strife wreaks of something I dont how to describe it. Im massively confused by all this, either it's a silent protest or dislike to something that happened in the latter bit of 2010.

I hope the Tiger's committe can somehow stem the bloodlfow because the incoming coach Till's has a bloody good coaching record and woulda had that list of 2010 well and truly in the premiership race.

Again, can someone from Lancefield or one of the shipjumpers please come out and tell it like it is???

My thoughts precisely Doona. I posted the following just before xmas but got no response. The tigers have always had a good rep for looking after their own but for the current exodus to have occurred someone or something has terribly upset the players OR the players in question are are a bunch of disloyal, money hungry mercenaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connalinko
great news for Romsey football,netball club with securing the signature of 1 BEN TALBOLT:thumbsu: as a assistant coach to PEDO, major people have been a driving force behind the scene to make sure this happens, its been a long hall, but we have got there... the club and all the supporters are over the moon with his appointment, he will bring a wealth of experience and commitment to a great young list:)... can play at both ends of the ground and very hard at the pill:footy: looks in tremendous nic and is chomping at the bit to get out there....look on romsey football/netball club web site for more updates, and Benny in that great RED & BLACK GEAR:thumbsu:

Fantastic signing for Romsey but i cant help but feel for Lancefield. The kid grew up in the town played all of his football there his parents still go to every lancefield game and he was rewarded with 2 premierships but joins the arch rival when his home town needs him most. if he had coaching ambitions his old club would have been very keen to discuss it with him. how is this news being taken at tigerland? joe blo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back