RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No good to hear mate ... where were u standing ? because i have to say where i was the crowd were really good didnt hear much swearing really or anything too bad .... coming from another league this yr i thought they were pretty well behaved compared to what i've seen and heard in the WRFL
:) take yr son to the table tennis then mate lol loved the atmosphere !

Riddell 1 point down in the third when Sammet snapped his leg. Did not know the rule about a 30 minute delay of game means the game is called off. Will be interesting to see if the game will be called a draw or if Macedon get the points. End of the day it is just a game and lets hope Matty makes a full recovery.

Big loss for Riddell on top of Levi Moss going down - maybe Mark Power and Griffo will be asked to forget about two's footy and step up to the one's - as much as that would upset John M!:eek:

Matty Sammut broke his leg today in the worst footy injury ive ever seen personley, broke my heart too see one of my best mates in so much pain, it just brought into perspective everything in life, and footy, and how sometimes we take it way too seriously, we have all lost mates over football or had falling outs with people over football, at the end of the day its all irrelevant and stupid, "its a great game" but just a game. I wish matty all the best and hope everyone has a good safe year, cheers Bladey.

Riddell 1 point down in the third when Sammet snapped his leg. Did not know the rule about a 30 minute delay of game means the game is called off. Will be interesting to see if the game will be called a draw or if Macedon get the points. End of the day it is just a game and lets hope Matty makes a full recovery.

Big loss for Riddell on top of Levi Moss going down - maybe Mark Power and Griffo will be asked to forget about two's footy and step up to the one's - as much as that would upset John M!:eek:

Macedon will get the win. The game went post half time.

If the Match is unable to recommence within a 30-minute
period, the scores of the Teams at the time the Match was
interrupted shall be deemed to be the final scores of the
Match

Macedon will get the win. The game went post half time.

If the Match is unable to recommence within a 30-minute
period, the scores of the Teams at the time the Match was
interrupted shall be deemed to be the final scores of the
Match

There is an exception to every rule and Riddell will appeal as they should and the outcome in my opinion will be changed to a draw. Not sure Macedon will fight very hard for the extra 2 points.

i think those will be popular tips for this round. would love to see A.James kick 15+ this week....would be quite amusing

Sunbury did a great job yesterday over at Kilmore winning by another huge margin. Please do not count out the young Kilmore boys though, The Blues had alot of talent on the sidelines (i mean footballers too haha) with plenty of height and ability to come in thier side over the next few weeks, like Woodend last week the young Blues didnt stop trying and ran the game out right till the finish and was a credit to them and thier club for them them to show that sort of spirit... Now on to the Kangaroos, with out the big boy playing we really wanted to focus on spreading the load with our goal kickers, and we did that with Meacham:4,Ellery:3,Wright:2 and about 5 others also kicking majors. We experimented a bit this week bringing in a few new guys and will change things up again next week giving plenty of guys a chance to prove thier worth. The most exiting thing for the club was the perfomances of some different names to the prior week, Helmers was super and come round 4 or 5 may just be back to his best,McGovern,Welsh and Mark McInerney were awesome as was Sutherland up back as Harrison,Smythe and Cuffe Snr and Junior dominated at the stoppages. And when I asked the boys at the last break to really focus on lifting the tempo late in the game they certainly answered that and ran all over thier opposition. We got some real selection headaches coming up which is great leading into Diggers,Macedon,Riddell and Romsey.Should be some super games coming up!:thumbsu::)

Another big week of footy in the RDFL....

First of all, just want to wish young Matty Sammut all the best in his recovery from obviously one of the worst injuries that can occur on a football field, with everything that goes on in local footy, the RDFL is pretty tight knit as a competition and I am sure everyone in the league sends their best wishes to Matty...

We have all seen negatives in recent weeks on here but lets look at some positives for a second....

• Congratulations to Broadford on thier first win in approx 20 games. It's been a long haul for the club and it is fantastic to see them on the right track and building a competitive unit.. Special congrats to the young blokes who have stuck around to help the side rebuild, Grant Wearne in particular. :thumbsu:
  • Huge respect to the performance of Woodend/Hesket on the weekend. From the first siren to the last siren they were disciplined and worked thier collective butts off, they had an arm on thier direct opponents all day long and made Saturday's game a real tough hitout for the Redbacks. They showed some of our boys how intensity at the contest can change the way a football game is being played. They will surprise a few this year.
  • Respect to the Kangaroos who proved just why (all jokes aside) they should be considered the favorites at this early stage of the season. To kick 20 goals without the key full forward proves that the Roos were a premiership favorite BEFORE bringing AJ into the lineup, with his addition they are just stronger again.
  • Respect to Wallan who travelled to a difficult game against the Bankers and came away with a very good win, the Magpies have to be leading the pack when it comes to the expected fight for the last of the finals spots.
Finally, Happy Birthday to the Semmens brothers!!! Hope they had an enjoyable day up at Woodend on Saturday!!! :thumbsu:

Performance Ladder - Round 2

Sunbury Kangaroos
Macedon
Riddell
Wallan
Broadford
Diggers Rest

Romsey
Woodend/Hesket
Melton Centrals
Lancefield
Rockbank
Kilmore

Not much has been said about Macedon. Hard to get a line after round 1 but after the weekend they have to be considered genuine contenders. Pity we couldn't see the result after 4 quarters, sounds like this was a cracking contest.

I thought you would be over the U.S.A carring Serges bags around for him K.A there would be no chance Mark playing senior footy too old and his hammys would not stand up to the riggers of senior footy

Bad news for Kilmore.. Have heard that the appeal for the Gordon Brothers failed last night...

While it is disappointing when local footy comes to situations like this, this is a reminder to all players and clubs, especially those that have, and I don't know where it came from, but those who say a contract in local footy "isn't worth the paper it's written on".. AFL Vic will always lean to the side of the contract as it is a valid agreement between the player and the club..

Hopefully for the sake of Kilmore and the Gordon Brothers something can be worked out so that they can play footy in 2011 though... While our competitions are competitive and more business like every day, it is still local footy, where everyday people can run out and have a kick... So I hope in the end common sense prevails and the two sides can come to an agreement...

Bad news for Kilmore.. Have heard that the appeal for the Gordon Brothers failed last night...

While it is disappointing when local footy comes to situations like this, this is a reminder to all players and clubs, especially those that have, and I don't know where it came from, but those who say a contract in local footy "isn't worth the paper it's written on".. AFL Vic will always lean to the side of the contract as it is a valid agreement between the player and the club..

Hopefully for the sake of Kilmore and the Gordon Brothers something can be worked out so that they can play footy in 2011 though... While our competitions are competitive and more business like every day, it is still local footy, where everyday people can run out and have a kick... So I hope in the end common sense prevails and the two sides can come to an agreement...
Sticky: RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)
Views: 87,891 Posted By slyone
Re: RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Had a player stand out for 6 weeks last year & had to return to his club due to being a contracted player! Contracts in football are concrete, no if's no but's.

I thought you would be over the U.S.A carring Serges bags around for him K.A there would be no chance Mark playing senior footy too old and his hammys would not stand up to the riggers of senior footy

He is actually in the States getting goats blood injected into his hammy's for 1 last shot at a flag. Riddell have lost some key mids and if Power's praccy matches are anything to go by he would still dominate this league even as a 38 year old and mayabe win a Bowen - 20 years after his last!:eek:

Griffen is the perfect replacement for Sammut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is actually in the States getting goats blood injected into his hammy's for 1 last shot at a flag. Riddell have lost some key mids and if Power's praccy matches are anything to go by he would still dominate this league even as a 38 year old and mayabe win a Bowen - 20 years after his last!:eek:

If Mongrel is up to it - i dont see why Serge couldnt be (although Mongrel does have a pre season under his belt).
A fella by the name of Derrick Filo is one of Kynetons best players and he is about 44-45 years old

Serge could easily pull the boots on in the seniors and do a job for the Bombers, without a doubt.. A Bowen is a stretch, but could play a major role in providing a rotation for the Bombers.

Griffen the same, star only a few years ago, would add another to the rotations for the Bombers.. Fair way off the impact that Sammut had IMO though.. I rated Matty as the Bombers best midfielder, both last year and was flying early this year... So he is a huge loss for Riddell...

He would be fighting another old man for the Bowen in Cuffe :D and he is over 40. But with some quality youngsters in the comp, it might be out of reach.

He would be fighting another old man for the Bowen in Cuffe :D and he is over 40. But with some quality youngsters in the comp, it might be out of reach.

Think the biggest obstacle he would face (pardon the pun) is the fact he isn't a ruckman.. Those umpires do love themselves a ruckman :D

Serge could easily pull the boots on in the seniors and do a job for the Bombers, without a doubt.. A Bowen is a stretch, but could play a major role in providing a rotation for the Bombers.

Griffen the same, star only a few years ago, would add another to the rotations for the Bombers.. Fair way off the impact that Sammut had IMO though.. I rated Matty as the Bombers best midfielder, both last year and was flying early this year... So he is a huge loss for Riddell...

Only stirring about the Bowen - Mark is highly unlikely to play but Griffen is a chance. He was still a good player for Sunba last year. He would bring what Helmers does for Sunba - grunt in the midfield as well as some good old fashion intimidation.

Only stirring about the Bowen - Mark is highly unlikely to play but Griffen is a chance. He was still a good player for Sunba last year. He would bring what Helmers does for Sunba - grunt in the midfield as well as some good old fashion intimidation.

Undoubtably.... :thumbsu:

While it is disappointing when local footy comes to situations like this, this is a reminder to all players and clubs, especially those that have, and I don't know where it came from, but those who say a contract in local footy "isn't worth the paper it's written on".. AFL Vic will always lean to the side of the contract as it is a valid agreement between the player and the club...

Does anyone know then...moving on from this type of scenario, what the status of clubs are as a business?

I am wondering where things like Tax etc come in, and to what level. If a player is contracted (employed for football services)...is the club a registered business, are they submitting GST returns? paying payroll tax? workers compensation? prof indemnity insurance etc?

I raise this, and hopefully some of you guys involved in clubs know; but know a lot of club claim "non for profit" or similar 'community org' type status, yet want to then be professional when it suits...

Does anyone know then...moving on from this type of scenario, what the status of clubs are as a business?

I am wondering where things like Tax etc come in, and to what level. If a player is contracted (employed for football services)...is the club a registered business, are they submitting GST returns? paying payroll tax? workers compensation? prof indemnity insurance etc?

I raise this, and hopefully some of you guys involved in clubs know; but know a lot of club claim "non for profit" or similar 'community org' type status, yet want to then be professional when it suits...

I think it is the amount of turnover which dictates the "not for profit" side of the football clubs.. But you raise a valid point!!! How long indeed until a case like this hits the news.. Especially given that players in local leagues these days at times are practically drawing a wage every week... Would have thought that competitions like the EDFL and EFL would be the first point of call for the tax man though :p or some of the country footy leagues that have crazy dollars available to players!!!

I think it is the amount of turnover which dictates the "not for profit" side of the football clubs.. But you raise a valid point!!! How long indeed until a case like this hits the news.. Especially given that players in local leagues these days at times are practically drawing a wage every week... Would have thought that competitions like the EDFL and EFL would be the first point of call for the tax man though :p or some of the country footy leagues that have crazy dollars available to players!!!
Watch out big fella! the Tax man just might take that small Marquee off you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back