RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality and Facts are never always explained when making posts and replying as such:
Two years ago our Club had to make a very important decision in regards to the future of the Club.
This decision wasnt going to be easy and it would affect the way we go forward or be happy where we were at the time.
The decision made at the time was to make change and try and get our club in a position to be a serious threat to the leaders of the competition.
Once we made the decision,it was enivitable that there would be good people that would be lost for the club to succeed (no reflection on anyone) and go forward.
Interesting that the decision made was pushed very vigorously by people not at the club now and shows what type of characters these people were and are.
We were at a stage where we knew we where not far away from being a permanent threat to the ladder leaders but needed to top up the stocks we had to take that next step.
This step has been taken and all indicators on and off the field have been excellent and are improving dramatically.
To all the people who have been involved for our 25 years, the club thanks everyone of you for the support and friendship you have given to all concerned.
This is our time and whatever happens this year and onwards will be a reflection of where our club is going and wants to be going forward.
So forget all the crap about $$ etc and wish us all the best as we will certainly doing our best to achieve our final goal.
To finish off there have been some sensational footballers and good blokes who have left and also some sensational footballers and good blokes who are with us now.
Go Roos !!!!!

Heard a rumour last nigh that a agreement is made for jacobs from kilmore to play there until round 5 and then switch to the kangaroos :eek:

Heard a rumour last nigh that a agreement is made for jacobs from kilmore to play there until round 5 and then switch to the kangaroos :eek:

Id find that a little hard to buy in to.. :thumbsdown:

Could be true I do know he isn’t happy at all at Kilmore after everything that has happened. Only reason he stayed at Kilmore was of his two best mates the Gordon brothers, and didn’t they lose the appeal the other night. I did see Jayco and the Sunbury coach having a few beers after the game the other week .

i hope this is not true as it would be bad form by jayco, kilmore need him at the moment and to walk out after 5 rounds does not look good

Could be true I do know he isn’t happy at all at Kilmore after everything that has happened. Only reason he stayed at Kilmore was of his two best mates the Gordon brothers, and didn’t they lose the appeal the other night. I did see Jayco and the Sunbury coach having a few beers after the game the other week .

:eek: What....two blokes from oppositions teams having a beer together after the game? That never happens, gotta be something more in that! :D

i hope this is not true as it would be bad form by jayco, kilmore need him at the moment and to walk out after 5 rounds does not look good

I tend to agree, but if he isn't happy at Kilmore then it is understandable I suppose...

But would have looked better if he left before the start of the season..

:eek: What....two blokes from oppositions teams having a beer together after the game? That never happens, gotta be something more in that! :D

:D Yes.. A rare occurance indeed :p

What I meant was maybe there was an agreement made then. But personally don’t think he is that kind of guy.

I agree with that.. I dont see it happening.. But hey, it's football, who knows!!!

dont they say when the going gets tough the tough get going?? :D

Its amazing to think how much negative talk jayco has received since heading to kilmore. His name is always being mentioned on here, and not for the resons he should be mentioned. He had issues with lack of support from the commitee, had to stand down as coach, and yet he still remained loyal and is at kilmore as a player. A player of his calibre should be talked about on here for what he has been doing on the ground but that doesnt seem to be the case. People talking about him leaving etc. and all this other stuff is such a negative to his football reputation. i know 4 a fact he is not happy at kilmore, yet he stays in sufference due to his fellow players.
I bet if he bit the bullet and left at the start of the season,he would be happy and people would be marvelling his footy talents,rather than bagging his loyalty.
I think the guy deserves more credit than what he has/is being portrayed as. When he stood down as coach it must have been so hard to stay on as a player,yet knowone mentions that. I beleive his loyal decision was just a waste of a season for him. But thats the quality of the guy.he doesnt wanna be there but he still remains rather than let his team mates down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melton Toyota Cup - Round 3

After the Easter break we are back into another very important round of football in the RDFL season. With most predicting a set top 5, which side will be the one that puts a hand up to fill that vital 6th spot on the ladder!!

Lancefield Vs Diggers Rest
The Tigers start to the year has been disappointing with a smashing at the hands of the Cats and a loss to Broadford. The positive for Lancefield has been the return of John Baker who booted 6 goals last game in the loss to the Roos. The Tigers are still missing some quality footballers with many none the wiser as to whether they will return to the senior line up. But regardless, the Tigers still have some real young talent at thier disposal. Dan Rebbechi has been impressive early, while veteran Dale Joesph will contiue to provide plenty for the Tigers to cheer on.
The Burra are notorious slow starters to the season and this year has been no different. They were demolished by the reigning premiers in Round 1 in the 2nd half and had trouble shaking off a determined Centrals in Round 2. But the Burra will improve steadily over the course of the season and will look to go 2-1 this week, which is a solid start to the year. Questions will be asked again whether they will be required to have too much dependance on the same group they have always relied on, but youngsters like Tom Gleeson and Dylan Kite stepped up last year and the Burra will be hopeful of unearthing a few more in 2011.
How the game is won:
The Tigers will need to run and use the ball quickly in order to stretch the Burra and on Lancefield Park is the ideal place to put this into practice. Much will depend on the amount of discipline the young players have on the defensive side of the game to make sure they are with a chance. The Burra have more talent across the ground than the Tigers and will certainly look to use it. Brett Caton in his first game against his former club is one key, while the group of Sims, Heritage, Laurie, Clarke and Poynton will also play vital roles. Diggers Rest with too much firepower for the Tigers to contain.
Result:
Diggers Rest by 50 points.
Sunday Headline:
Burra's too much for fighting Tigers to handle.

Melton Centrals Vs Woodend/Hesket
Centrals have had a tough start to the season fronting up against to probable finalists in the Redbacks and Burra. But in neither game were they disgraced. The key for Centrals is their midfield, they are tough and uncompromising and will make it tough for any opponent in 2011, while the back six are led brilliantly by co-skipper Kane Bullen. The problem Centrals may have is the ability to kick a winning score on any given week. Brett Payne gives a solid option up forward but needs support, especially from the midfielders like Tim O'Brien, Josh Bamford and Justin Watkins.
The Hawks midfield is very similar to Centrals, I was really impressed with their discipline last week and as long as they show the same respect to Centrals they will make it a very tough day. Another side with a heap of young talent, Brendan Backhouse and Jesse Sheppard in particular through the midfield are very talented and with James Hepburn and Brendan Fennell and Ross Waters up forward, they are capable of kicking a big score. Most impressive last week across the half back line was Jesse Waters who came to the club with a big reputation last year but struggled to have an impact, he is so far this year showing why that reputation was deserved.
How the game is won:
Both sides have hard at it midfields that will surely put on a show for fans of tough contested stoppage football. But it could be which has the bigger impact that decides the contest, the Hawks forwards or the Centrals defenders. The Hawks have the superior set up forward to kick a winning score, but Centrals have a solid and creative back 6 that on it's day could provide the drive for the side to pull off a win. It will be a tough contest, but for pure talent on the field, the Hawks have the edge.
Result:
Woodend/Hesket by 15 points.
Sunday Headline:
Hawks win has them firmly in the race for the 6.

Riddell Vs Kilmore
A huge game for both clubs this week. Last year it was the Blues that sprung a surprise by knocking the Bombers off, can they repeat the dose?
The Bombers have had a horrible start to the year on the injury front. Levi Moss out for the season with an achillies injury, the injury to young gun Grant Puxley and the horrific injury last round to gun onballer Matt Sammut (All the best in recovery Matty). But as always, opposition sides need to be aware of the resiliance of the Riddell footy club and its players, they want to be number one, they need to be number one. It is why they have been a top side for such a long time, and why they will be a top side for a long time to come. James Climas, Peter Robertson, Mick Allen, Haydn Ross, Aaron Blade, Nick Ash, Brian Ruffell. It's this list of names that continue the aura of dominance that surround the reigning premier.
The Blues have had a rough start to the year and rumours continue to circle the club after the break, the will he stay or go surrounding Shane Jacobs continues week after week. But the Blues deserve a little more credit, they have several talented youngsters that will continue to give their all every week. Trav Hede has started the year in great form, Adam Goudge is the heart and soul of the club, while they have several talented youngsters such as Codey Phillips, Robert Rowe and Tom Snaith in the line up, add Linton Kemp and the Blues will give several sides headaches in 2011.
How the game is won:
The Blues opened up the Bombers last year with quick ball movement and will have to do the same here. The Bombers play this style just as well, but they are more willing to back in a teammate in a one on one contest where other sides will hold the ball hoping for a free player then kick down the line to a pack, this allows for the Bombers midfielders to get to the contest and clear the ball. The stoppages will be important for the Blues as this is where the Bombers get all of their momentum. Also, will someone go and man up Haydn Ross, I know the Bombers have some big names but this kid never seems to have an opponent, and he is hurting opposition sides.
Result:
Riddell by 55 points
Sunday Headline:
Bombers have a message to the league, we're still here!!

Romsey Vs Broadford
Romsey win.

Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Rockbank
Well, what can you say about the Kangas, a majority of people would well and truly now have them down as favorites for this years premiership. They have a well balanced side across the ground and are capable of just about anything. There will always be talk of James, Cuffe, Meacham, Wright and the like, but the most dangerous in the line up are the next wave. Jake Powell, Ryan Hatty, Brenton Sutherland, Dan Gregory. These are the guys that will get the job done without the fanfare and so much depends on these types. Powell provides so much run and carry off the half back line and is seriously underrated in this competition. The midfield is an obvious strength and something that all sides will have to put some work into shutting down this year.
The Rams are a potential finals side, they have some great young talent with some really good experience mixed in. The obvious strength is through the midfield with Zerafa, Johns and Jackel being supplied by Matty Krul in the ruck. They also have a big strong full forward who can impact the game in Brent Henry. While there is probably still a couple of minor areas that could use some recruiting work, the main thing for the young Rams side is workrate. From all accounts, the workrate last week just wasn't at the required level early which saw them well down and having to chase tail all day, they did come back, but spent all the petrol tickets in doing so. If they can lift their work rate early, they will be taking it right up to any opposition side. When you talk about the Hawks and Centrals having tough midfields, the attack on the ball from the Rams is second to none.
How the game is won:
Tough day for the Rams needing to shut down big AJ, they have to be able to as a group concede a few and ensure that the kicks going inside 50 are under pressure. But it looks to be a big ask with so many options in the Kangaroos line up.
Result:
Kangaroos by 70 points
Sunday Headline;
Kangaroos confirm status as Premiership favorites.

Match of the Round
Wallan Vs Macedon
The Magpies host this weeks match of the round after starting the 2011 season in fine style. A nailbiting win over the Blues in Round 1 and a very impressive win over the Rams in Round 2. The Magpies would be more than happy with the performance of their recruits to this point, especially ex Blues Matt Robertson and Justin Collis. This game is a very interesting one in the context of the season for the Magpies. A win here will have them right in the mix for not only a spot in the top 6, but a top 4 spot. A loss, especially a heavy one, would have them facing a fight for a finals spot. There is plenty of talent in the Magpies line up and there is no doubt that Scott Gilchrist would be expecting nothing more than a win this week.
The Cats have to be a talking point in the competition, a demolition of the Tigers followed by the narrow win over the Bombers (I know, game abandonded, but they were still obviously taking it right up to the reigning premier) has the Cats sitting 2 wins and 0 losses and a real top 4 chance. With Al Meldrum back in form and in superb form up forward, along with Aaron Christianson and James Wright, Jason Davies and Matt Dettman in fine form through the midfield, the Cats are purring and looking to add another string to the bow in a tough away fixture. The Cats are looking to press all opposition they face in 2011.
How the game is won:
The Magpies will rely much on the talent they have, especially through the midfield and forward, they will hope to starve the Cats forwards of the ball, they do have an advantage at home. The Cats will work the ball from the half back line and spreading thier opposition wide and far giving the forwards plenty of space to work in to. They might just have too many tall options up forward for the Magpies to contain.
Result:
Macedon by 20 points
Sunday Headline:
Cats push thier case for a top 4 spot.

Big Round of football, good luck to all.... :thumbsu:

Its amazing to think how much negative talk jayco has received since heading to kilmore. His name is always being mentioned on here, and not for the resons he should be mentioned. He had issues with lack of support from the commitee, had to stand down as coach, and yet he still remained loyal and is at kilmore as a player. A player of his calibre should be talked about on here for what he has been doing on the ground but that doesnt seem to be the case. People talking about him leaving etc. and all this other stuff is such a negative to his football reputation. i know 4 a fact he is not happy at kilmore, yet he stays in sufference due to his fellow players.
I bet if he bit the bullet and left at the start of the season,he would be happy and people would be marvelling his footy talents,rather than bagging his loyalty.
I think the guy deserves more credit than what he has/is being portrayed as. When he stood down as coach it must have been so hard to stay on as a player,yet knowone mentions that. I beleive his loyal decision was just a waste of a season for him. But thats the quality of the guy.he doesnt wanna be there but he still remains rather than let his team mates down.
:thumbsu: well said, lets leave any further negative talk about what happened in the past so we can let him concentrate on his onfield exploits.

Aaron James gets a soft free in the goal square right on the quarter time siren. Turns out that poor umpire decision decided the game at Sunbury.

So the opportunities in the final 3 quarters all had nothing to do with the result...

Great effort by Rockbank!!! But poor form blaming one decision in the opening quarter.

So the opportunities in the final 3 quarters all had nothing to do with the result...

Great effort by Rockbank!!! But poor form blaming one decision in the opening quarter.
Well done to Rockbank for such a close margin, Don't worry I'm sure Go Gazza will hose it down nicely for us all........Saw the last half of Romsey/Broady game today, Romsey looking polished at home.

Rockbank certainly had their chances, but it may be the case that the umpires have been instructed to give James an easy ride to keep him in the league...

Just saying.

Rockbank certainly had their chances, but it may be the case that the umpires have been instructed to give James an easy ride to keep him in the league...

Just saying.
Highly doubtful XbX but is good to see he was restricted in the way he was today, just goes to show how much a quality backline pays off against such a big bloke.

I agree, great 4 quarter effort by Rockbank, but they got a pretty fair run off the umpires. That aside great game of football, played hard and fair, Rockbank will cause a few sides a bit of trouble.

must be something lacking if u need bigfooty for motivation. Like i said b4, people are just gettting on here trying to rattle the kangas. we wont be posting on here anymore. you guys can live your lives thru this sight, while we get on with the job.

loody spewing Mongrel I wouldn't have minded a run-down from yesty, perhaps you're right hand man go gazza can post or is it an entire big footy ban at your club?

Offer might in crease now to get him across, or was yesty a little hiccup?

Didn't get along but talking to several Broady boys they said Romsey were mighty impressive, and with a couple missing still have plenty of room for improvement.

Looking at the weather forecast, 5-6 goals might be enough to win the big clash at Harley Hammond Reserve next Satdy :D

Just saying.

Point taken, although I believe your point is well and truly off the mark.. I am sure there would be several players on a weekly basis that are the lucky recipients of a "soft" free kick... And I would suggest that Jamesy would receive said "soft" free kicks a lot less than many players in the league.. Easy ride is blatantly incorrect IMO, the Rams had a fair crack at the Roos but fell short, one "soft" free kick doesn't change the result, I think you would find that the Rams possibly received one or two of their own "soft" free kicks... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back