RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the amount of turnover which dictates the "not for profit" side of the football clubs.. But you raise a valid point!!! How long indeed until a case like this hits the news.. Especially given that players in local leagues these days at times are practically drawing a wage every week...

We know the 'gun' players in the RDFL getting these massive ($500+ per game) cash payments are declaring it come Tax time anyway...and their sign on fees! :rolleyes:

We know the 'gun' players in the RDFL getting these massive ($500+ per game) cash payments are declaring it come Tax time anyway...and their sign on fees! :rolleyes:

Oh absolutely!!! :p

If anyone is interested, I have a Supercoach/Dreamtime style league that I have started up.. The league will have a draft over the next two weeks to fill sides (meaning that a player will only be in one side, where it differs from SC/DT)
PM me if you are interested in joining :thumbsu:

I dont wanna sound like Eric Pearce with the late news, but Ive just noticed clearances out of Sunbury for Leigh McInerney and Bob Johnson. I didnt think I saw them playing at Kilmore last week - have I missed something here?

Oh and AFL OutSider ya best bet might be to ring the Tax Dept. with your concerns . . . . . ;)

I dont wanna sound like Eric Pearce with the late news, but Ive just noticed clearances out of Sunbury for Leigh McInerney and Bob Johnson. I didnt think I saw them playing at Kilmore last week - have I missed something here?

Oh and AFL OutSider ya best bet might be to ring the Tax Dept. with your concerns . . . . . ;)

That right Doona, both boys were cleared so they could play last week. good luck to them at their new clubs and we hope to see them back at sunbury in the future.

That right Doona, both boys were cleared so they could play last week. good luck to them at their new clubs and we hope to see them back at sunbury in the future.

Any real reason? Seems odd that two permanent senior players would depart when the Kanga's are on the verge :confused:

Any real reason? Seems odd that two permanent senior players would depart when the Kanga's are on the verge :confused:

Please dont read too much in to this people, Leigh and Bobby are both quality people who just wanted different things, there is no friction whatsoever and everyone involved is happy. Things are all good down at Boardman!:):):):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Please dont read too much in to this people, Leigh and Bobby are both quality people who just wanted different things, there is no friction whatsoever and everyone involved is happy. Things are all good down at Boardman!:):):):thumbsu::thumbsu:
Things are all good except for the clearance of these two blokes?

Things are all good except for the clearance of these two blokes?

even thats all good. as i said dont read too much into it i know how much some of you love to have your little gossip and snowball s*@t in to things they arnt and would love nothing more than to cause some downfall at the Kangas but it aint happening so you can move on from this subject..:)

even thats all good. as i said dont read too much into it i know how much some of you love to have your little gossip and snowball s*@t in to things they arnt and would love nothing more than to cause some downfall at the Kangas but it aint happening so you can move on from this subject..:)

So what happened then? He did the entire pre-season and then joins Coburg a week out from the season. Kangaroos are a massive chance to win it this year and one of their very best players of the last 5 years has left just before the season starts. Just does not add up. Helmeinerney was going to tear the comp apart a month ago.

Wasn't Leigh captain last year?

So what happened then? He did the entire pre-season and then joins Coburg a week out from the season. Kangaroos are a massive chance to win it this year and one of their very best players of the last 5 years has left just before the season starts. Just does not add up. Helmeinerney was going to tear the comp apart a month ago.

Wasn't Leigh captain last year?

As I said Leigh and Bobby are both quality guys, Leigh hasnt played a senior game so far and Bobby only in round 1 where he played about 50% of the game and made very little impact. Leigh was Captain last season, a decision had not been made on captain before he decided to move on. Both been great servants to the Kangaroos but both wanted to try something new to benifit both the rest of thier footy careers. There is in no way,shape or form anything more in it than that and both remain and always will great friends of everyone at the club. Mark still happily going about his footy and anyone who knows the boys are very close which shows there is no dramas between the departing players and club, and finally will there departure effect teams playing performance? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!:thumbsu:

As I said Leigh and Bobby are both quality guys, Leigh hasnt played a senior game so far and Bobby only in round 1 where he played about 50% of the game and made very little impact. Leigh was Captain last season, a decision had not been made on captain before he decided to move on. Both been great servants to the Kangaroos but both wanted to try something new to benifit both the rest of thier footy careers. There is in no way,shape or form anything more in it than that and both remain and always will great friends of everyone at the club. Mark still happily going about his footy and anyone who knows the boys are very close which shows there is no dramas between the departing players and club, and finally will there departure effect teams playing performance? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!:thumbsu:
RDFL is a small comunity and not much stays a secret. Most ppl I have talked to say a decision had been made on the captincy and it caused issues all pre season. Would love to have them come up north to my club. Both good players.

RDFL is a small comunity and not much stays a secret. Most ppl I have talked to say a decision had been made on the captincy and it caused issues all pre season. Would love to have them come up north to my club. Both good players.
I understand players leaving clubs, it happens all the time, what is the connection with Coburg Districts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

god i love your arrogance!!!

a decision was made on the captaincy befor i left champ and unless the coach was telling me lies :confused::confused::confused: i was to be joint captain with the assistant coach meach

Sorry mate, but this is a hose down.. The night of Bobby leaving sure didn't make for no dramas in what I saw.. There were a plethora of issues for the reasoning behind the exit of Leigh, I think it is disappointing that these two guys who played a massive part in the Kangas going from rabble to riches had to leave in the manor they did.. Now for the whole event, that is between all of you guys, but I spoke to Leigh after the whole event and his disappointment was clear!! The disappointing thing is not that it happened, it happened and everyone moved on, the disappointing thing is that you have jumped on here as soon as it was mentioned trying to hose it down, the two guys deserved a little more respect than that...

Sorry mate, but this is a hose down.. The night of Bobby leaving sure didn't make for no dramas in what I saw.. There were a plethora of issues for the reasoning behind the exit of Leigh, I think it is disappointing that these two guys who played a massive part in the Kangas going from rabble to riches had to leave in the manor they did.. Now for the whole event, that is between all of you guys, but I spoke to Leigh after the whole event and his disappointment was clear!! The disappointing thing is not that it happened, it happened and everyone moved on, the disappointing thing is that you have jumped on here as soon as it was mentioned trying to hose it down, the two guys deserved a little more respect than that...

100% agree. The posts about this not affecting Sunbury is amusing. You can not take out a premier midfielder and a leader from a team and have no affect. I hope Leigh enjoys his football else where but his loss is not to be ignored. Sunbury are weakened without him.

100% agree. The posts about this not affecting Sunbury is amusing. You can not take out a premier midfielder and a leader from a team and have no affect. I hope Leigh enjoys his football else where but his loss is not to be ignored. Sunbury are weakened without him.
Well said KA, and Kudos too you IMS for being honest. I was always a bit iffy about the speed in which GG jumped on to blame us all for "stirring s..t"

Wow not miss these 2:confused:. I know that every time Leigh played against Romsey he was close to being the best player for the kangas. Just curious gazza how many games have you watched Leigh and Bobby play.

Of course its a hose down. Knowone likes to see stalwarts of a club leave on the eve of the upcoming season. Grub left for his own reasons, and not because he was being replaced as captain. because that wasnt the case.
I can see plenty of reasons why go gazza wrote what he did. People always look from afar as they know more about running a club than the people actually running the kangas. And people are already jumping on here talking about how big a loss it is for the club as tho they are actually concerned. What a load of garbage. Its just an opportunity to have cheap digs at a club that is improving a lot faster than all rival r.d.f.l clubs.
Everyone talks about winning a grand final and who are favourites etc. but my approach is lets just get better and better each year and eventually the kangas will be the number 1 team in the comp. every team aspires to be successful like riddell and comment how well they run their club etc. my thoughts are different to that. riddell have been successful because they are the only division one club that stayed.So it was always going to take time for other clubs to catch up. well the margin is narrowing and people just want to try and slow the kangas down. it WONT happen

Of course its a hose down. Knowone likes to see stalwarts of a club leave on the eve of the upcoming season. Grub left for his own reasons, and not because he was being replaced as captain. because that wasnt the case.
I can see plenty of reasons why go gazza wrote what he did. People always look from afar as they know more about running a club than the people actually running the kangas. And people are already jumping on here talking about how big a loss it is for the club as tho they are actually concerned. What a load of garbage. Its just an opportunity to have cheap digs at a club that is improving a lot faster than all rival r.d.f.l clubs.
Everyone talks about winning a grand final and who are favourites etc. but my approach is lets just get better and better each year and eventually the kangas will be the number 1 team in the comp. every team aspires to be successful like riddell and comment how well they run their club etc. my thoughts are different to that. riddell have been successful because they are the only division one club that stayed.So it was always going to take time for other clubs to catch up. well the margin is narrowing and people just want to try and slow the kangas down. it WONT happen
club that is improving a lot faster than all rival r.d.f.l clubs, HHHMMMMMMM ammunition!!

club that is improving a lot faster than all rival r.d.f.l clubs, HHHMMMMMMM ammunition!!

must be something lacking if u need bigfooty for motivation. Like i said b4, people are just gettting on here trying to rattle the kangas. we wont be posting on here anymore. you guys can live your lives thru this sight, while we get on with the job.

Some might have written attempting to wind up trouble, but most didn't.. And I don't believe that there were cheap shots, people were simply asking the question... Personally, I would have rathered seen the original comment ignored, I certainly wouldn't have commented on it otherwise.. My point is that it should have been left alone in the first place rather than just hosing it down.. The players concerned deserved more than the hose down is my point.. As far as the improving, you are spot on, the direction the Kangas are heading is great, if it can be sustained and built apon then the Kangas are going to be very well positioned for a long long time, everyone wants to see the gap close to the Bombers because they have been successful enough to not only be successful but maintain it for a long long time, would love nothing more than see other clubs in the RDFL do the same!!! :thumbsu:

Stalwarts of a club? Look around at that club and tell me how many there are still around, i bet you wouldn't get too far.
Grubby N Bobby are only the first to leave of a few more to come i am guessing, when you have the likes of the Gorilla in the forward square abusing other players for kicking goals and not giving off.
Sad sight it is to see the lengths of what a good club it use to be untill money comes into palms to try and buy a flag.:eek:
Grubby3 are you still hoping the ROOS finish on top of the Red Backs?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back