RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
does that includes the 18s being cancelled aswell?

The Lancefield Football Netball Club is a live and well and will be fielding 3 senior sides and 3 netball sides for season 2011

Football training is on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays at 6 PM

Netball training is to begin soon

we will let you all know

The Lancefield Football Netball Club is a live and well and will be fielding 3 senior sides and 3 netball sides for season 3011

Netball training is ti begin soon
great news to hear.. but that still doesnt answer my question haa..

The Lancefield Football Netball Club is a live and well and will be fielding 3 senior sides and 3 netball sides for season 2011

Netball training is to begin soon

we will let you all know

Fantastic News white tiger :thumbsu:

heard a whisper that APW might not approve clearance for Brent 'Tuck' Gordon (had already signed before changing his mind??) Hope this isnt the case.......

heard a whisper that APW might not approve clearance for Brent 'Tuck' Gordon (had already signed before changing his mind??) Hope this isnt the case.......

I know the blokes at APW pretty well mate and i dont know for sure but i would say they will play hardball and try and get him to stay by offering whatever they can, but in the end if he really wants to go KD and the blokes down there will eventually clear him and Kilmore will have their man ...

I would be surprised if they ,in the end held him back from leaving ....

No reason to keep a bloke who doesnt want to play for you .:thumbsu:

he signed a 2 year contract at the start of 2010 season, he is a playing assistant coach at Kilmore.

anyone wanna have a pick of the first bloke cleared from the rdfl i got a hot tip that the tigers are more than happy to unload a certain player

Knocca will be a big loss for the Hawks. Looking forward to DW taking the reigns of the 1's. Also hoping to see the big Wombat making a move up to the big show???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the blokes at APW pretty well mate and i dont know for sure but i would say they will play hardball and try and get him to stay by offering whatever they can, but in the end if he really wants to go KD and the blokes down there will eventually clear him and Kilmore will have their man ...

I would be surprised if they ,in the end held him back from leaving ....

No reason to keep a bloke who doesnt want to play for you .:thumbsu:

All depends if he has signed a contract for season 2011 with APW. If he has then unless APW receive compensation they shouldn't clear him.

Sick of blokes walking away after signing a contract. You say no reason to keep a bloke who doesn't want to play for you - I agree entirely. Make him sit out the season!

All depends if he has signed a contract for season 2011 with APW. If he has then unless APW receive compensation they shouldn't clear him.

Sick of blokes walking away after signing a contract. You say no reason to keep a bloke who doesn't want to play for you - I agree entirely. Make him sit out the season!
Unless he owe's money or a jumper no club can make a player stay or sit out a season just cos he signed a contract, he is taking an opportunity to move into the field of coaching aswell as playing. A contract is NOT worth the paper it's written on, you should know that.

Unless he owe's money or a jumper no club can make a player stay or sit out a season just cos he signed a contract, he is taking an opportunity to move into the field of coaching aswell as playing. A contract is NOT worth the paper it's written on, you should know that.

That is not entirely true... The contract is certainly valid and a legitimate reason to reject a clearance.. Otherwise no one would bother with contracts...

Can be enforced, its just rare that a club would bother fighting for someone who didn't want to play for them... Usually something can be worked out between the parties..

What cannot be done is a club requesting compensation for releasing a player from a contract..

That is not entirely true... The contract is certainly valid and a legitimate reason to reject a clearance.. Otherwise no one would bother with contracts...

Can be enforced, its just rare that a club would bother fighting for someone who didn't want to play for them... Usually something can be worked out between the parties..

What cannot be done is a club requesting compensation for releasing a player from a contract..

Yes that is the rule....but we all know it happens.

He signed a 2 year contract at the start of last season at APW, he has done every session at Kilmore over the pre season and there’s no way he will be going back to APW, hopefully it can be sorted out. This guy is a gun and it’s great to have a player like him running around in the RDFL.

Im sure everything will be sorted out you cannot let a young bloke sit a year of footy out!! If he is a playing assistant coach then he is bettering his football so he should have no dramas getting cleared. Kilmore might just have to throw apw a keg or two to get it over the line! I hope kilmore get there man cause reports are he can play!!

A player contract is only as good as a handshake. If a player was paid money (with a group certificate) then you can fight it legally as it is above board. Otherwise, the paper it is written on is worth more than the signatures on it. It is not a legal document unless you have the right channels witnessing the transaction....

Im leaning towards Dennis on this one, pretty sure contracts only stand-up when the club is PAYG established and group certificates are handed out. The old contract is more a mental obligation so a club can give the old "you signed a contract".

Whilst on Kilmore, whats happened to Whitehartlane? Really enjoyed his opinions up until he disappeared.

A contract is binding document according to football Victoria. I have been involved with the some clearances coming in over the past couple of years. After looking for numerous loop holes in them I was constantly advised by AFL Vic that it is upto the club. a contract is just that, how any payments are made is irrevelant. That would be an ATO problem. The past few years has seen many appeals lost, even heard that it happened with verbal contracts.
Although against the rules, a donation to the clearing cub always seems to help.

Remember it has been about 3 or 4 years that AFL Vic changed the regulations regarding clearances. money, property or contracts are now the only ways clubs can hold players.

I do agree with most here, if a player doesn't want to play for your club why hold him just because you have a signature.
Although when a player wants to play games, taking sign on money then changing their minds. It would have to cross the clubs mind to play hard ball. Remember, it would be harder to replace the player as the season draws closer.

A contract is binding document according to football Victoria. I have been involved with the some clearances coming in over the past couple of years. After looking for numerous loop holes in them I was constantly advised by AFL Vic that it is upto the club. a contract is just that, how any payments are made is irrevelant. That would be an ATO problem. The past few years has seen many appeals lost, even heard that it happened with verbal contracts.
Although against the rules, a donation to the clearing cub always seems to help.

Remember it has been about 3 or 4 years that AFL Vic changed the regulations regarding clearances. money, property or contracts are now the only ways clubs can hold players.

I do agree with most here, if a player doesn't want to play for your club why hold him just because you have a signature.
Although when a player wants to play games, taking sign on money then changing their minds. It would have to cross the clubs mind to play hard ball. Remember, it would be harder to replace the player as the season draws closer.
Totally agree with ya mate if a player takes money for a sign on fee then he should be required to either play the contract out or pay the money back if the club agrees! Although in this case i believe there was no sign on fee and no one owes anything to the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back