RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player contract is only as good as a handshake. If a player was paid money (with a group certificate) then you can fight it legally as it is above board. Otherwise, the paper it is written on is worth more than the signatures on it. It is not a legal document unless you have the right channels witnessing the transaction....

Kilmore should try their luck at appeal then. Unless he is moving to another part of the state and distance becomes an issue, the VCFL will rule in favour of the club holding the contract - in this case APW. And thats the way it should be. If a bloke signs a contract and then gets a better offer well tough! Shouldn't have signed the contract in the 1st place. What if the bloke does manage to wriggle out of his committment to APW, signs another contract at Kilmore, then 6 weeks down the track gets another better offer from a different club and pulls the same stunt? If I had anything to do with APW I would be pushing to fight all the way out of principle. Too many blokes like Balraj Singh around committing to a contract then trying to back out.

Kilmore should try their luck at appeal then. Unless he is moving to another part of the state and distance becomes an issue, the VCFL will rule in favour of the club holding the contract - in this case APW. And thats the way it should be. If a bloke signs a contract and then gets a better offer well tough! Shouldn't have signed the contract in the 1st place. What if the bloke does manage to wriggle out of his committment to APW, signs another contract at Kilmore, then 6 weeks down the track gets another better offer from a different club and pulls the same stunt? If I had anything to do with APW I would be pushing to fight all the way out of principle. Too many blokes like Balraj Singh around committing to a contract then trying to back out.

$hit I hope you're not putting the fella in Balraj's category, dunno the guy (Gordon) you speak of but a good mate of mine was involved at APW last year (has left also) and speaks really highly of him.

In terms of a clearance, Im sure its nothing a couple of barrels cant fix :thumbsu:

$hit I hope you're not putting the fella in Balraj's category, dunno the guy (Gordon) you speak of but a good mate of mine was involved at APW last year (has left also) and speaks really highly of him.

In terms of a clearance, Im sure its nothing a couple of barrels cant fix :thumbsu:

Nobody would fit in Balraj's category, just making the point that blokes trying to break contracts seems to be getting more prevelant.

If APW are happy to do a deal then fine. But they also have every right to hold their ground and enforce the contract if thats the way they want to go.

Your 100% spot on ryang. I have been directly involved in 3 contract issues in last 24 months as a coach of a club and the VCFL and Footy Vic on every occasion told us they will 100% rule in favour of the contract being upheld every time. THey encourage those challenging a contract to not even challenge it and waste the money appealling. THe footy Vic contracts are unbreakable and now the key footy authorities will tell all clubs that the contract content is irrelevant, if there is a signature with an intent to play for a club during a certain year it will be a forceable contract. Only way out is the clubs good will to release, simple as that.

Your 100% spot on ryang. I have been directly involved in 3 contract issues in last 24 months as a coach of a club and the VCFL and Footy Vic on every occasion told us they will 100% rule in favour of the contract being upheld every time. THey encourage those challenging a contract to not even challenge it and waste the money appealling. THe footy Vic contracts are unbreakable and now the key footy authorities will tell all clubs that the contract content is irrelevant, if there is a signature with an intent to play for a club during a certain year it will be a forceable contract. Only way out is the clubs good will to release, simple as that.

Correct... Biggest myth in local football that a contract is not worth the paper it is written on... All contracts are binding.. I believe the only loop hole in the system is that a contract doesn't become binding until a player is registered with the club (an approved clearance), once a player has a registration with the club the contract is binding and forceable...

Its looking very hard for Kilmore to them then, maybe if you could trade players kilmore might have a chance , James to APW and Gordons to Kilomore haha joking, no coach would give up 140 goal kicker.

Its looking very hard for Kilmore to them then, maybe if you could trade players kilmore might have a chance , James to APW and Gordons to Kilomore haha joking, no coach would give up 140 goal kicker.
If they are moving into a coaching role at Kilmore then it may be a means of them getting out of the contract. If they were only on a playing contract at APW and now taking on an assistant coaching gig with a view to maybe coaching a team outright down the track, that could be an argument for them??? thoughts??

If they are moving into a coaching role at Kilmore then it may be a means of them getting out of the contract. If they were only on a playing contract at APW and now taking on an assistant coaching gig with a view to maybe coaching a team outright down the track, that could be an argument for them??? thoughts??
No that is wrong, if you sign a contract to play for a team and you want to coach another, that is fine, but if you want to be a playing coach, no way! If you have signed a contract, the only way out is that the club you are contracted to, let you out, FULL STOP END OF STORY!!

No that is wrong, if you sign a contract to play for a team and you want to coach another, that is fine, but if you want to be a playing coach, no way! If you have signed a contract, the only way out is that the club you are contracted to, let you out, FULL STOP END OF STORY!!

This is correct, whether you are coaching is irrelevant.. If you plan on playing and you have a playing contract elsewhere then that contract stands unless the player is released from it via acceptance of a lodged clearance...

This is correct, whether you are coaching is irrelevant.. If you plan on playing and you have a playing contract elsewhere then that contract stands unless the player is released from it via acceptance of a lodged clearance...
Ian Finlay is the man to liaise with when it comes to the rules of our game, if anyone would like his number, private message me.

ok, i stand corrected. thanks for the enlightenment.
however why in this day and age would players want to sign a 2 year contract then if this is the case. better off signing one year to the next. keep your options open for this very case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So these boys wont get cleared???

At the end of the day they'll get cleared Im sure. A source close to APW tells me that senior coach Rooney has already planned for them not to be there and it's more a couple of administrators holding things up - besides they let both Balraj Singh and Clarke go last year after signing contracts.

Whether they get cleared or not wont matter coz Riddell and Romsey are morals to play off Im told ;)

Who was the genius who told you that one Doona?

Just the general consensus according to others round the traps mate . . . personally it wouldnt bother me if that did happen as long as Romsey got the chocolates at the end of it all

Just the general consensus according to others round the traps mate . . . personally it wouldnt bother me if that did happen as long as Romsey got the chocolates at the end of it all
My friend, a person with your vast experience and coaching knowledge know's only too well, that it's far to early to predict whats going to happen in 6 months time! it's a long road ahead and there are some very good teams in this comp which are very capable.
Sunbury have huge numbers and have recruited well, Dean has a big recruite no one knows about as well as himself and a team who has a year under their belt. Diggers have picked up some huge recruits!! Macedon are the dark horse and Al will have them fit & ready to go, Wallan have huge numbers and could be anything! Jayco has been busy recruiting and with the midfield Kilmore has, well we all know if the big fella gets the feed he will finish it off! Through Riddell in the mix as well as 1 or 2 suprise packets and who knows whois going to play off!! The season ahead is looking very interesting!!!!

My friend, a person with your vast experience and coaching knowledge know's only too well, that it's far to early to predict whats going to happen in 6 months time! it's a long road ahead and there are some very good teams in this comp which are very capable.
Sunbury have huge numbers and have recruited well, Dean has a big recruite no one knows about as well as himself and a team who has a year under their belt. Diggers have picked up some huge recruits!! Macedon are the dark horse and Al will have them fit & ready to go, Wallan have huge numbers and could be anything! Jayco has been busy recruiting and with the midfield Kilmore has, well we all know if the big fella gets the feed he will finish it off! Through Riddell in the mix as well as 1 or 2 suprise packets and who knows whois going to play off!! The season ahead is looking very interesting!!!!

Finally some sense in here. Its refreshing to see a coach playing it down cause others are talking themselves up far too much for my liking. Should be another very even year i reckon throw a blanket over top 7. Hawks, Centrals, Bankers, Broady & Tiges are only teams that wont challenge in 11.

Finally some sense in here. Its refreshing to see a coach playing it down cause others are talking themselves up far too much for my liking. Should be another very even year i reckon throw a blanket over top 7. Hawks, Centrals, Bankers, Broady & Tiges are only teams that wont challenge in 11.

Broady will be alot better then last season and will win a few games, Tigers will be young you just never know though, Still hard to go past Sunbury and Riddell.

Flag - Sunbury
Runner up - Riddell
Most Improved - Romesy
League Medal - Have no idea, maybe Robbo
Goal Kicking - James 105
Top 6 not sure what order.
Riddell
Sunbury
Romesy
Macedon
Diggers Rest
Kimore, Wallan

At the end of the day they'll get cleared Im sure. A source close to APW tells me that senior coach Rooney has already planned for them not to be there and it's more a couple of administrators holding things up - besides they let both Balraj Singh and Clarke go last year after signing contracts.

Whether they get cleared or not wont matter coz Riddell and Romsey are morals to play off Im told ;)

Hey Doona long time! Im sure all these blokes on here are solicitors and lawyers the way they carry on:D I knew a guy from my home town that got stooged by a club once he signed and when he tried to leave, the club appealed. The guy in question said he never signed a thing and it was his word against the club in questions, and they didnt have a leg to stand on. A witness to a contract has to be someone of importance eg JP or solicitor, not your clubs canteen lady or secretary. VCFL hot-shots wouldnt stand up in court if it came to a fraudulent document....:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back