RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will any side be able to match u guys this year slyone????????This must be the first season in ages that riddle arent the standout favourites.erwin,dawson,burlak,strack,green,austin,etc.etc.etc. WOW What a list
Been in the game a long time roaringroger, The Premiers are the flag favourites and Kilmore, Diggers & Kangas have all recruited well, there will also be a suprise packet along the way like Macedon who have a very good young list with a very good coach, Wallan have 34 new players acording to clearences and respect to the rest.

Been in the game a long time roaringroger, The Premiers are the flag favourites and Kilmore, Diggers & Kangas have all recruited well, there will also be a suprise packet along the way like Macedon who have a very good young list with a very good coach, Wallan have 34 new players acording to clearences and respect to the rest.

There is no doubt that Romsey have recruited well, but I think the biggest positive is the people that have been recruited and the fact that the Romsey side is finally getting a preseason under their belts, will be nothing but a positive.
But no one can write of the Bombers, they had two key losses in the Allen brothers and the loss of Ben Sonogan leaves a hole, but the signing of Ruffell, Levi Moss and Peter Robertson have to be massive positives to the Bombers.
The Kangas will continue to improve. Adding Smythe and Danny Harrison to the list along with Bobby Johnson who is effectively a recruit and Dean himself, they will be right in the mix.
Diggers will be disappointed to lose Jason Davies to the Cats, but the signing of Caton is massive. Add to that the recruits from Craigiburn, the key thing that Diggers have added to a GF side is depth.
Of course, now with all the issues out of the way, Jayco has Kilmore up and firing and ready to take on 2011.
The Cats have been quiet (on purpose) over the off season, they will well and truly be in the mix again..

I can see a bit of a split between the top and bottom 6 developing this year, but who knows, one of the other 6 sides could come from out of no where and surprise everyone...

You just cant stand by & let someone say things that implicate others in a derogatory fashion, we are all competitors with healthy respect for oppisition clubs,coach's and mates at rivall clubs! some people dont have a club,some people dont have mates! they can say what they like on a computer. From now on Doona my friend, i will choose to ignore gutless posts in future!

C'mon mate, there's no such thing as bad publicity. I actually thought after reading it that - " Boy, Pedo is dead set serious this year & is ruthlessly leaving no stone unturned in his shot at this years Flag"
Wow ! Look out, A Romsey outfit with massive gonads this season. What a turn up, what a challenge. We might all be in a bit of strife here !

Pity really...... the truth is a little mundane & a wee bit deflating.
I think I prefer the "Hack" Journo's sensational beat up of the story ! :(

C'mon mate, there's no such thing as bad publicity. I actually thought after reading it that - " Boy, Pedo is dead set serious this year & is ruthlessly leaving no stone unturned in his shot at this years Flag"
Wow ! Look out, A Romsey outfit with massive gonads this season. What a turn up, what a challenge. We might all be in a bit of strife here !

Pity really...... the truth is a little mundane & a wee bit deflating.
I think I prefer the "Hack" Journo's sensational beat up of the story ! :(

The "Hack" Journo's sensational beat up of the story was a crock, most people wouldn't want to be associated with picking the carcas of a club that is down... Simple...

You would probably be the only person left supporting him, seems all of the other bridges look as though they have been well and truly burnt to the ground...

The "Hack" Journo's sensational beat up of the story was a crock, most people wouldn't want to be associated with picking the carcas of a club that is down... Simple...

You would probably be the only person left supporting him, seems all of the other bridges look as though they have been well and truly burnt to the ground...

Hey where did I ever say I supported him pal ???? I just think a "Sexed Up" version of the truth sometimes makes for better reading ! (God knows it sells) I'm just not as gullible as some, that actually believe in verbatim everything that is printed in the newspapers, screened on TV, or POSTED on BIGFOOTY ! :rolleyes:

*** Memo to ALL - A healthy cynicism is a good thing to have when it comes to deciphering the "Media" these days. :cool:

Great to hear that everything was sorted out at Kilmore and Jayco and Co can now settle into a real tilt at the 2011 season.. :thumbsu:

and better still from all reports they had a great hit out Moama today :thumbsu:

and better still from all reports they had a great hit out Moama today :thumbsu:

Sounds like a few of the RDFL clubs had good hit out's yesterday Doon.. The Kangas gave Maldon a bit of a touch up while the Redbacks had a solid hitout with Mernda...

Who else played on the weekend?? Any reports?

Sounds like a few of the RDFL clubs had good hit out's yesterday Doon.. The Kangas gave Maldon a bit of a touch up while the Redbacks had a solid hitout with Mernda...

Any results from the romsey v mernda game or the kilmore v moama clash?

Romsey looked good against Mernda. A fast first qtr, scores close. Then Romsey kicked away.

Mernda crowd a little ferrel for a practice match. Coach was having a crack at Romsey players, which makes no sense. It's not like you need a phycological advantage over a side from another league.

Nice day, ground in great condition, umpires fine so overall a good day.

Terrific first hit out for Sunbury against reigning premier Maldon @ Maldon.
The Kangas rested 6 and tried a few new things giving alot of guys an opportunity to gain a spot in its best 22. They totally outplayed Maldon all over the park for the whole 4 quaters winning in excess of 20 goals. They will bring in 4,5,or 6 for our game at home next weekend. Chris Meacham looked brilliant up forward kicking 8.0 playing 3 quaters,New recruits Danny Harrison (5 goals) and Dermott Smythe were in everything as where the McInerney boys. Ty Cuffe and Adam Walsh where very solid as where rucking duo Sutherland and Fishenden. with the likes of Hatty,J.Cuffe,Helmers,Clarke and Strieff set to join the side next week there is a positive and great feel at Boardman Reserve.

Any results from the romsey v mernda game or the kilmore v moama clash?

Not sure of scores but Kilmore lost by 4 goals. There wasn't a 2nds game, and I hear that whoever turned up got a game. Not sure what format the game took, whether it was a combined 1st & 2nds, 6 quarter thing...or standard 4 quarters.

Terrific first hit out for Sunbury against reigning premier Maldon @ Maldon.
The Kangas rested 6 and tried a few new things giving alot of guys an opportunity to gain a spot in its best 22. They totally outplayed Maldon all over the park for the whole 4 quaters winning in excess of 20 goals. They will bring in 4,5,or 6 for our game at home next weekend. Chris Meacham looked brilliant up forward kicking 8.0 playing 3 quaters,New recruits Danny Harrison (5 goals) and Dermott Smythe were in everything as where the McInerney boys. Ty Cuffe and Adam Walsh where very solid as where rucking duo Sutherland and Fishenden. with the likes of Hatty,J.Cuffe,Helmers,Clarke and Strieff set to join the side next week there is a positive and great feel at Boardman Reserve.
the sunbury kangaroos/rover are celebrating 25 years this year.so come and celebrate with us on round 1 vs woodend 9th april and party after the game sould be a great night so past player come on down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of scores but Kilmore lost by 4 goals. There wasn't a 2nds game, and I hear that whoever turned up got a game. Not sure what format the game took, whether it was a combined 1st & 2nds, 6 quarter thing...or standard 4 quarters.
It was a mixture between ones and twos 4 quarters!! was very hot and moama ran away with it in the end but good to get on the park!! Abela very impressive!! Jamesy kicked about 3 goals 8

rumour has it there was a pretty poor turnout at tonights coaches meeting.....rushed behind rule to be introduced this year ...hows it going to go boys

rumour has it there was a pretty poor turnout at tonights coaches meeting.....rushed behind rule to be introduced this year ...hows it going to go boys

Rushed behind rule will be a good thing IMO and speed things up. Pretty sure the HDFL had it in before our controversial vote to depart - made for some interesting re-starts both to attack and defend in terms of zone's, trying to establish a set routine etc etc.

How many of the 30 odd coaches across the 3 grades were there?

Rushed behind rule will be a good thing IMO and speed things up. Pretty sure the HDFL had it in before our controversial vote to depart - made for some interesting re-starts both to attack and defend in terms of zone's, trying to establish a set routine etc etc.

How many of the 30 odd coaches across the 3 grades were there?

Doon I think that rule has been in for a couple of years now. I think onlyintwos was reffering to the "delibrate" rushed behind, free kick at the top of the goal square rule being introduced this season. How will this be received by players/coaches?

Doon I think that rule has been in for a couple of years now. I think onlyintwos was reffering to the "delibrate" rushed behind, free kick at the top of the goal square rule being introduced this season. How will this be received by players/coaches?

There you go (sorry) only saw one and a half RDFL games last year and the last bit of the year before I couldnt remember either.

Dunno bout the deliberate one at minor level, some umps battle with the 100 year old rules you'd hate to see the grief they'd cop if they buggered up an interpretation of that one in a close finish.

There you go (sorry) only saw one and a half RDFL games last year and the last bit of the year before I couldnt remember either.

Dunno bout the deliberate one at minor level, some umps battle with the 100 year old rules you'd hate to see the grief they'd cop if they buggered up an interpretation of that one in a close finish.

OMG!! Simmo will go nuts!! God help us and the rdfl

herd wispers today that dylan wright may be looking at sunbury kangaroos as his home club if things dont prevail iinterstate.handy pickup if true????? Maybe mongrel could shed some light on this 1????

I heard Dylan Wright was cleared to the Kangaroos today. Their recruiting has been pretty good during the off season and they will be there or there abouts come the business end of the season.

If this is the case I am officially concerned with how this season is going to go!!! :eek:

Not for one second could I find a single reason that could justify the introduction of this rule into a grass roots level competition!!!

Someone mentioned Semmo before, in all seriousness though, in recent years I have been pretty content with our umpires, since Mr Giles was in charge they mostly followed the concept of KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid... Our umpires were, in my opinion, some of the best at grass roots level (and still are)... But bringing in this setup puts this in serious jeopardy!! How long until a 50/50 decision under pressure is made that effects the outcome of a game.. I don't agree with this rule at an AFL level, and I sure don't agree with it at the Grass Roots level.. TO WHOEVER MADE THIS DECISION: You have now officially given a single person the power to dramatically impact a contest.. It is a stupid rule, get rid of it before we start, I know we hate a backflip, but for god sakes, please backflip here!!!

I implore our umpires to get together... Have a discussion amongst yourselves, make a collective decision to completely ignore this rule change, just make the call, as a collective, and between yourselves, that you will never pay a free kick under this ruling!! For the sake of the league, the players, the clubs and your reputations!!!

If this is the case I am officially concerned with how this season is going to go!!! :eek:

Not for one second could I find a single reason that could justify the introduction of this rule into a grass roots level competition!!!

Someone mentioned Semmo before, in all seriousness though, in recent years I have been pretty content with our umpires, since Mr Giles was in charge they mostly followed the concept of KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid... Our umpires were, in my opinion, some of the best at grass roots level (and still are)... But bringing in this setup puts this in serious jeopardy!! How long until a 50/50 decision under pressure is made that effects the outcome of a game.. I don't agree with this rule at an AFL level, and I sure don't agree with it at the Grass Roots level.. TO WHOEVER MADE THIS DECISION: You have now officially given a single person the power to dramatically impact a contest.. It is a stupid rule, get rid of it before we start, I know we hate a backflip, but for god sakes, please backflip here!!!

I implore our umpires to get together... Have a discussion amongst yourselves, make a collective decision to completely ignore this rule change, just make the call, as a collective, and between yourselves, that you will never pay a free kick under this ruling!! For the sake of the league, the players, the clubs and your reputations!!!
Whats that comment under every post you send mean show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back