RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to take the focus too much off the season at hand but this could be a big development

http://ow.ly/62Cwi

SUNBURY Lions Junior Football Club will meet this week to discuss its intentions to join the Essendon District Football League next season in a process that could reshape three leagues.
Sunbury Lions senior administration distanced itself from a move to join the EDFL at the weekend, but the club’s affiliate juniors are on the record saying they will apply to leave the Riddell District Football League and join the Essendon league from next season.

Re: RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Not 100% but I had an enquiry two-days prior to the first training run to see if I'd be interested in helping out the appointed coach. From what I can gather (correct me if Im wrong anyone) but there was an initial list of around 60 players made up from all clubs. Two training runs and watching U/18s and senior matches was all I could go off as I wasn't all that familiar with a lot of the boys involved. Some players declined the opportunity which is entirely up to them and some clubs didnt notify players invited in time for training session 1. After all that last Sunday night we selected our team to play at Ballarat last week.

Ballarat i thought were extremely well drilled, clean with their hands had obvioulsy spent a lot more than time than us together in the lead in. I'm sure those lads who represented the RDFL last week now know the rise in standard, speed, tempo etc. required at such level and will be better for it come game 2.

In my opinion it aint about wins/losses, surely it's about experience and opportunity. If the program helps any of these boys in their footy at club level or results in an invite elsewhere for 2012 then it's been a winner.
WTF are you on about champ,They picked the same boy's in all games played why would a kid show up and train every session and get overlooked for a game when he know's the team is already picked.You say it's not about win/loss but the experience then give all the kid's that made the effort to turn up and train a go. talk about boy's club.You people that head these teams at inter league level have no idea.

Very willing contest early today at Trennam, Plenty of punches thrown from both sides in the All in Bruhaha in the second quarter, macedon running away in the last half to win. Well done to Jock, Eaon Whitton (buffalo sports mogul) and Boags for making it a great day for the WHFNC albeit having to play away from home on such a landmark day. Rumour has it that Macedon had a big sook about having to play at either Gilbert Gordon or Woodend Racecourse due to the possibility of their pussy cat jumpers getting a bit muddy. Cant wait to see them go out in straight sets come finals time. Congrats to Davo from Romsey for the ton too!!

Brilliant game to watch, real hard and tough but shit it was cold out there. Hawks did a good job to run the day in trying conditions. The boags was ordinary but the half time spread was awesome as was baldos burgers. I learnt that there this is no love loss between these 2 rivals both hate each other.

WTF are you on about champ,They picked the same boy's in all games played why would a kid show up and train every session and get overlooked for a game when he know's the team is already picked.You say it's not about win/loss but the experience then give all the kid's that made the effort to turn up and train a go. talk about boy's club.You people that head these teams at inter league level have no idea.

Feel free to put your hand up and have a crack then.

Brilliant game to watch, real hard and tough but shit it was cold out there. Hawks did a good job to run the day in trying conditions. The boags was ordinary but the half time spread was awesome as was baldos burgers. I learnt that there this is no love loss between these 2 rivals both hate each other.
Not wrong there NBF, the banter going back and forth between the two benches was priceless.

He's not the only one missing ...

THE much anticipated return to football of Ben Cousins has fizzled out. Cousins has been forced to pull the plug on a comeback game for Romsey in the Riddell District League next week.

The club had planned to fly Cousins in by helicopter and was expecting a huge attendance. But Cousins was hospitalised in Perth two weeks ago to treat an infection in his leg. The injury and an old hip complaint have ruled him out of playing.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...back-with-romsey/story-fn9eu7in-1226115991533

he's not the only one missing ...

the much anticipated return to football of ben cousins has fizzled out.cousins has been forced to pull the plug on a comeback game for romsey in the riddell district league next week.

the club had planned to fly cousins in by helicopter and was expecting a huge attendance. But cousins was hospitalised in perth two weeks ago to treat an infection in his leg. The injury and an old hip complaint have ruled him out of playing.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...back-with-romsey/story-fn9eu7in-1226115991533

cant belive it

He's not the only one missing ...

THE much anticipated return to football of Ben Cousins has fizzled out.Cousins has been forced to pull the plug on a comeback game for Romsey in the Riddell District League next week.

The club had planned to fly Cousins in by helicopter and was expecting a huge attendance. But Cousins was hospitalised in Perth two weeks ago to treat an infection in his leg. The injury and an old hip complaint have ruled him out of playing.

MATTY...MATTY MATTY... JUST ANOTHER LITTLE DIG AT THE CLUB THAT ALWAYS OPENS THERE ARMS WIDE TO YOU WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY RETURN...I TELL YOU WHO WAS NOT MISSING ON SATURDAY CHAMP:thumbsu: WAS THE 1100 ROMSEY REDBACK SUPPORTERS AND THE ""16"" LANCEFIELD FANS, TO SEE ONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALLERS TO GRACE OUR HOLLOW TURF, IN REDBACKS COLORS... TO WATCH THE 1 AND ONLY MATT (DAVO) DAVIDSON KICK HIS 100:footy:TH GOAL, AFTER LEIGH ERWIN OR WAS THAT BEN TALBOT CHIPPING THE PASS TO HIM... NO IT WAS ANOTHER OF OUR LOCAL LADS JAKE BRAY, BUDDY WHAT A SPECTACULAR SCENE FOR EVERYONE, AT LEAST 150 "REDBACK" KIDS ALL OVER HIM AND THE CROWD GO NUTS... EVEN 13 OUT THE 16 LANCEFIELD FOLKS RAN OUT TO TOUCH THIS FREAK.... INCLUDING THE LEGEND MOCCA HUNT HE EVEN RAN OUT JUST TO GIVE HIM A RUB...........OH SHIT I FORGOT BEN LOOKS LIKE ENTERTAINING ROMSEY REDBACKS AT OUR PRESENTATION NIGHT....
YOU SOME HOW MISSED TELLING PEOPLE THAT, MATTHEW.... :thumbsdown:RING IF YOU FEEL THE NEED, YOU KNOW WHO I AM?? TALK SOON WHEN THE OPEN ARMS ARE COMING YOUR WAY:D BANG BANG.....:thumbsu:

IF YOU GET A CHANCE MATTHEW LOOK WHO WE HAVE JUST SIGNED AS CAPTAIN COACH OF THE ROMSEY CRICKET CLUB, ANOTHER OF OUR LOCAL LADS!!!!;) AND HIS KEEN TO LOOK AT OUR FOOTBALL CLUB NEXT YEAR WITH A COUPLE OF HIS MATES MAYBE TO JOIN HIM IN THE MOVE, NOT HAPPY WITH HIS PRESENT CLUB...TELLS A BBBBBBIIIIGGGGG STORY..:confused::confused:

MATTY...MATTY MATTY... JUST ANOTHER LITTLE DIG AT THE CLUB THAT ALWAYS OPENS THERE ARMS WIDE TO YOU WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY RETURN...I TELL YOU WHO WAS NOT MISSING ON SATURDAY CHAMP:thumbsu: WAS THE 1100 ROMSEY REDBACK SUPPORTERS AND THE ""16"" LANCEFIELD FANS, TO SEE ONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALLERS TO GRACE OUR HOLLOW TURF, IN REDBACKS COLORS... TO WATCH THE 1 AND ONLY MATT (DAVO) DAVIDSON KICK HIS 100:footy:TH GOAL, AFTER LEIGH ERWIN OR WAS THAT BEN TALBOT CHIPPING THE PASS TO HIM... NO IT WAS ANOTHER OF OUR LOCAL LADS JAKE BRAY, BUDDY WHAT A SPECTACULAR SCENE FOR EVERYONE, AT LEAST 150 "REDBACK" KIDS ALL OVER HIM AND THE CROWD GO NUTS... EVEN 13 OUT THE 16 LANCEFIELD FOLKS RAN OUT TO TOUCH THIS FREAK.... INCLUDING THE LEGEND MOCCA HUNT HE EVEN RAN OUT JUST TO GIVE HIM A RUB...........OH SHIT I FORGOT BEN LOOKS LIKE ENTERTAINING ROMSEY REDBACKS AT OUR PRESENTATION NIGHT....
YOU SOME HOW MISSED TELLING PEOPLE THAT, MATTHEW.... :thumbsdown:RING IF YOU FEEL THE NEED, YOU KNOW WHO I AM?? TALK SOON WHEN THE OPEN ARMS ARE COMING YOUR WAY:D BANG BANG.....:thumbsu:

IF YOU GET A CHANCE MATTHEW LOOK WHO WE HAVE JUST SIGNED AS CAPTAIN COACH OF THE ROMSEY CRICKET CLUB, ANOTHER OF OUR LOCAL LADS!!!!;) AND HIS KEEN TO LOOK AT OUR FOOTBALL CLUB NEXT YEAR WITH A COUPLE OF HIS MATES MAYBE TO JOIN HIM IN THE MOVE, NOT HAPPY WITH HIS PRESENT CLUB...TELLS A BBBBBBIIIIGGGGG STORY..:confused::confused:

That's a good story there Al, but I wasn't having a dig at Romsey FC. I actually would love to see Benny running around in the RDFL!

How many Sunbury Kangaroo kids got a game FIFO6?? A lot of things transpired from the beginning to the end of that program, and believe me had your boy kept attending he woulda played for sure. I myself, knew one of the 50 odd kids personally that attended any of the sessions or games, so to hear it's considered a boys club is disappointing to hear after the fact.

I guess you're right, I do have little idea about the RDFL - but when I was asked if I had the time to help out, I found the time because I like me footy and I thought I was contributing to something positive . . . . obviously I was wrong :(

Yes, I had heard that both Macedon & Riddell had not applied this year. Pity really, as both venues offer it all. Perhaps (without knowing the intimate details) the respective clubs had done the math', & with the considerable up front fee charged by the league to hold a final, had figured, it just aint worth it !!!

Out of left field, what would happen if all the clubs got together and decided to collectively not tender to host finals???

I know it's all been said before, but with the amount clubs pay to be affiliated it's a bloody joke you have to again dip in and pay if you want to be involved in finals.

Out of left field, what would happen if all the clubs got together and decided to collectively not tender to host finals???

I know it's all been said before, but with the amount clubs pay to be affiliated it's a bloody joke you have to again dip in and pay if you want to be involved in finals.

There's talk there won't be any affiliation fees in the Ballarat Football League next year. Seems the BalFL is doing reasonably well from the pokies they have. Meanwhile, the RDFL still rents a crappy "office" in Sunbury and virtually has no assets. There's no way clubs should have to pay the money they are being asked for to host finals. A lot, and I mean a lot, of work goes into hosting a final - especially the grand final - and virtually all of it is done by volunteers who work around the clock for 48+ hours to make sure everything is in order.

Doona, I reckon you're right and the clubs have to join as one to put an end to what is becoming farcical. If the board can't get the RDFL's finances back on track without sucking the clubs dry, then maybe its time a few people on the board, especially the chairman, step down. After all, the board let the RDFL get into the situation it did four or five years ago.

Ollie, you've done some great things for the RDFL, but your legacy as the president won't be one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a let down for romsey with cousins not playing.
It's a shame that it could'nt of been worked out as it would have been huge day for all involved.
Is there any chance he may string together a few appearances next season perhaps ?

I was thinking exactly the same thing Doona. :confused: Perhaps that very scenario will come to pass sooner than we think ??? :eek:

There's talk there won't be any affiliation fees in the Ballarat Football League next year. Seems the BalFL is doing reasonably well from the pokies they have. Meanwhile, the RDFL still rents a crappy "office" in Sunbury and virtually has no assets. There's no way clubs should have to pay the money they are being asked for to host finals. A lot, and I mean a lot, of work goes into hosting a final - especially the grand final - and virtually all of it is done by volunteers who work around the clock for 48+ hours to make sure everything is in order.

Doona, I reckon you're right and the clubs have to join as one to put an end to what is becoming farcical. If the board can't get the RDFL's finances back on track without sucking the clubs dry, then maybe its time a few people on the board, especially the chairman, step down. After all, the board let the RDFL get into the situation it did four or five years ago.

Ollie, you've done some great things for the RDFL, but your legacy as the president won't be one of them.

Never a truer word spoken scoop ! The "Buck" always has to stop somewhere ???........ And that somewhere should rightfully be with the man at the top, the man in charge,..........The chairman of the board !

Wheres the weekly preview IMS ?? i need to something to read to keep my eyes off redtube !! :)

Round 17

Thanks for the support HELLSBELLS, didn't think anybody read it anymore after NBF called me out.. Must admit, wasn't going to do one today, but I will..

Two rounds to go and it is down to 7 teams in the race for finals (8, but Kilmore would need a miracle).

A couple of big games leading into the final round.

Broadford (11th, 4-12) Vs Riddell (2nd, 13-3)
Last Time:
Riddell 14.16.100 def Broadford 5.6.36

The Roos will be looking to finish of their season with a couple of good showings and it starts with their last home game of the year this week against the Bombers. Last week the Roos went desperately close to knocking Wallan out of the race for the finals, but a late effort from the opposition fall just short. While it has been a frustrating year, they have seen much improvement from 2010 and that surely had to be the aim heading into the year. The continued growth of Grant Wearne as a player has seen him grow into a fine leader, while players such as Collier, Duggan and Webb have aided in the growing of a solid group of players. They will be looking to finish this season off on a high.
The Bombers are flying, a win against Sunbury last week ensured they are best positioned for a top two finish and a first week meeting with Romsey.
The midfield is on top of their game with Pete Robertson, James Climas and Aaron Blade in fine form, but it is the forward set up that has other teams concerned, Mick Allen is at his explosive best, Matt Baird is in great form, while any one of Brian Ruffell, Rick Elliot, Robert McMahon or Haydn Ross can score heavily at any time. The Bombers are hitting their straps at exactly the right time once again and are looking very dangerous.
How Broadford can win: Well, unfortunately, the Bombers just have too much depth to see the Roos getting a win here, but if they are to perform they have to be on top at the stoppages and score at every opportunity, I saw the first half last time these sides met and the Roos had the upper hand at stoppages, but wasted far to many scoring chances, if you don't take those against the Bombers you are gone.
How Riddell can win: Depth of quality across the ground is far superior to the Roos. There is very little doubt they will get the job done, it is what sort of mood they are in that will decide the end score.
Riddell by 80 points.

Lancefield (12th, 0-16) Vs Kilmore (8th, 5-11)
Last Time:
Kilmore 17.14.116 def Lancefield 13.11.89

The Tigers face two games in which they could possibly win their first and only game of the season starting this week. But a lot will depend on who has been selected. If the Tigers have decided to let the young guys who will be playing in the 18's finals just play 18's, they are no chance, if those youngsters are going to front up and have a crack, the Tigers might be a surprise chance against a Blues side that looks as though they will come up just short in the race for a finals position in 2011.
The Blues fell to the Burra last week effectively ending their season. Only a miracle would see them sneak in now, a draw in the match of the round and a win next week will see them in. It's unlikely though.
The Blues have fought back from what was a turbulent start to the year though and in the end would have to be proud of their efforts to turn their year around, early losses in games they should have won is the ultimate downfall though.
How Lancefield can win: They will need most of the youngsters that have pulled on the senior jumper this year to play, open the game up and run, run, run. If they can catch Kilmore out on the big Lancefield ground, they are a big chance.
How Kilmore can win: Class across the field should be too much for the Tigers to contain. Jacobs, Desmond, Gordon 1 and 2, Hede, Phillips, Goudge, these are all talented players who really, in a game like this, should be able to control the pace.
Kilmore by 40 points.

Rockbank (10th, 4-12) Vs Diggers Rest (5th, 12-4)
Last Time:
Diggers Rest 12.15.87 def Rockbank 12.6.78

Well, only 3 weeks ago, this would have been considered a danger game, but what a fall from grace it has been for the Rams, 3 weeks ago a finals contender, will now play off next week against Broadford for stand alone 2nd last on the RDFL ladder. A result that would be so very disappointing for a team that, with the list available, should be playing in this years finals series. Something has gone wrong over recent weeks, and hopefully the Rams can repair the damage heading into 2012.
The Burra are still cruising, they got the job done last week against Kilmore and now is the time that we usually see them flick the switch and go from consistent regular season football side, to finals machine, so look out to the Rams, they could be in for a very very tough day this week.
How Rockbank can win: On recent form, hope Diggers get lost on the way to Rockbank. Other than that, they need to go back to basics, work harder than the opposition and when in a position to break the game open, do it then...
How Diggers can win: As I said, showing up to the ground would be a good start. The Burra have far too many good players for the Rams to account for in their current form, Diggers are building for a finals series and know what needs to be done at this time of year.
Diggers Rest by 30 points

Sunbury Kangaroos (3rd, 13-3) Vs Melton Central (9th, 5-11)
Last Time:
Melton Central 9.5.59 wdb Sunbury Kangaroos 12.9.81

The Kangaroos will now be preparing themselves for a big shot at finals by finishing the season against Centrals and Macedon. Last time these two sides met, Centrals took it right up to the Kangaroos for just over 3 quarters, they will be confident that they can do the same, the problem for Centrals is that this year, after a good performance like last week against Rockbank, they tend to follow it up with a poor one.
How Sunbury can win: Move the ball inside forward 50 to isolated targets, if they move the ball in space, they will have too much leg speed for Centrals.
How Centrals can win: Need to slow the game up and play it on their terms, making sure there are stoppages and that the ball is kicked to contests.
Sunbury by 80 points

Romsey (1st, 16-0) Vs Macedon (4th, 12-4)
Last Time:
Macedon 3.5.23 wdb Romsey 13.17.95
Romsey win

Match of the Round
Wallan (6th, 6-10) Vs Woodend/Hesket (7th , 6-10)
Last Time:
Woodend/Hesket 11.14.80 wdb Wallan 13.9.87

What a set up to this game we have in front of us. Wallan last week snuck over the line against Broadford to keep themselves alive, while the Hawks threw everything at Macedon to try and sneak a win only to come up short.
The set up for this game is intriguing, both sides sit on 6 wins and 10 losses, the Magpies a percentage of 87.73, while the Hawks have a percentage of 78.53.
A win to the Magpies would put them a game clear plus percentage depending on how big the final margin, but they face a rampaging Riddell next week and a big loss there could see that percentage tumble, a loss here would put them a game behind, but having Riddell up next week will surely put paid to their season.
The Hawks on the other hand, could wrap up a finals spot with a win here, but a loss isn't the end of the season for them, they face Kilmore next week, and a win there (with maybe some percentage) coupled with a big loss to Wallan would see them sneak in. But I am sure they would love to wrap up the year this week.
How Wallan can win: The big guns firing, Robbo, Galea, Cornish, if they all get up and going, along with a Collis, then at home the Magpies could be tough to stop, interestingly, the Magpies at home in the 2nd half of this season almost guarantees a heart stopper, winning margins of 8, 4, 2, 13 and 1 in the last 5 games at home.
How Woodend can win: Young blokes stepping up will give the Hawks the win, they have really pushed the youth through this year and it has been successful, no point waiting for next week, the Hawks have to lock up a finals spot this week.
Wallan by 5 points.

Final Scores.

Romsey 13. 11. 89. Lost to Macedon 14. 6. 90.
Wallan 19. 12. 126. Def' Woodend 13. 3. 81.
Broadford 6. 6. 42. Lost to Riddell 25. 16. 166.

I guess the next 10,000 posts will be all about trying to bring down the Redbacks. Let's hope not as 1 loss to this stage is nothing short of exceptional. Can we please get a detailed and honest report on the match in question?:thumbsu:..and are Macedon the real deal? If so its shaping as one if the best finals series of recent times:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I guess the next 10,000 posts will be all about trying to bring down the Redbacks. Let's hope not as 1 loss to this stage is nothing short of exceptional. Can we please get a detailed and honest report on the match in question?:thumbsu:..and are Macedon the real deal? If so its shaping as one if the best finals series of recent times:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Are u for real?, in a two horse race only one will win, Macedon beat Romsey.....end of story, sheesh.

I guess Black Caviar will lose at her 17th start. So three more wins for the great mare before her streak comes undone.

Your ability to be a flog never ceases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back