RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the first half at Diggers Rest and the 2nd half at Rockbank.

The Burra's showed in the first half why they will be very tough to top this year. They controlled the play and Brent Tuckey was in brilliant form, the Tigers were pushing numbers back in front of him, but the guys floating back were far too short to impact the contest, any side that wants to manufacture a plus one against the Burra are going to need to push back someone tall enough and strong enough to impact the contest and allow Tuckey's opponent to come over the top.
The Rockbank Vs Sunbury game was also a little uninspiring, effectively over at half time, both sides pretty much just went through the motions in the 2nd half with Sunbury running away with an easy win.

No doubt it was our best win for some time. 1st half was pretty even with wallan going in at 1/2 time with a 10 point lead. 3rd qtr was where we won it. We were on top in the midfield, Robbo outstanding and Barber up forward proved what value he is to us when he is switched on. 8.8 to 0.2 in what was possibly the best Qtr of footy we have played in my time at the club against quality opposition. Now the challenge for us is to back it up next week against riddel.

Have to agree with iceman wallan was mighty impressive in the 2nd half. robertson has a few times i thought been put in the best when not real influential but saturday he proved he's worth every cent of whatever it is he gets. Also the young kid who kicked the goals looks big and strong too, someone said he plays 3rds also is that right? Finals sides all but locked in do we think only the final order to change?

I think Macedon are a quality side and deserve to be in a much better position than they're in and they faced an awesome Wallan side on the weekend but they could be in serious trouble over the next few weeks.. they face Sunbury, Romsey and Diggers Rest in the next three weeks.. there is a two game gap between them and Melton.. who could win four of the next five games and could sneak into sixth position in the coming weeks.. look out.. interesting times ahead..

I think Macedon are a quality side and deserve to be in a much better position than they're in and they faced an awesome Wallan side on the weekend but they could be in serious trouble over the next few weeks.. they face Sunbury, Romsey and Diggers Rest in the next three weeks.. there is a two game gap between them and Melton.. who could win four of the next five games and could sneak into sixth position in the coming weeks.. look out.. interesting times ahead..

Three big matches between the top six sides this weekend.

My tips are.

Sunbury v Macedon by 36 points
Romsey v Diggers by 8 points
Riddell v Wallan by 18 points

The good Macedon will need to turn up at Boardman this Saturday to have any chance of a win against the Kangas !

The good Macedon will need to turn up at Boardman this Saturday to have any chance of a win against the Kangas !
You're not wrong there mate.. if the wet weather sits in, it will make the majority of grounds soft under foot but the Boardman is rock solid, so don't be surprised to see a more dry style of footy played other than the obvious slippery ball..

You're not wrong there mate.. if the wet weather sits in, it will make the majority of grounds soft under foot but the Boardman is rock solid, so don't be surprised to see a more dry style of footy played other than the obvious slippery ball..
Nice to see Boardman Reserve hasn't changed a bit since I played juniors there many years ago.

Nice to see Boardman Reserve hasn't changed a bit since I played juniors there many years ago.

Anyone keen to have a stab at a possible interleague line up or suggestions of players that could make the team??????

There seems to be some real class getting around the comp this season, players such as Tuckey,Farmer,Sylvester etc.

Anyone keen to have a stab at a possible interleague line up or suggestions of players that could make the team??????

There seems to be some real class getting around the comp this season, players such as Tuckey,Farmer,Sylvester etc.

BACKMEN? CATON/RYAN DIGGERS......
MIDFIELDERS? HERITAGE/MARSHALL/WOODS
FORWARDS? LAURIE/SIMMS/RUANE/TUCKEY/MCCABE

SOME POSSIBILITIES FOR THE SIDE MONGREL?

Ran out of time today.. So just quickly.

Romsey Vs Diggers Rest - Match of the Round, for top spot. Unfortunately the weather will play a role in all games this week and this one wont be any different. Both teams likely to have key players missing, but the game should be a nice teaser to the finals series.
Romsey by 15 points.

Sunbury Vs Macedon - In the wet weather, the Roos should be too tough in the clinches for the Cats, but should be a really good contest at Boardman Reserve.
Sunbury by 15 points.

Broadford Vs Melton Centrals - Broadford are usually pretty strong at home, but this is a massive match for Centrals and would expect the players to respond to the challenge.
Centrals by 15 points.

Lancefield Vs Rockbank - The Tigers have come on in leaps and bounds and are throwing up a challenge each week now. But the Rams have performed well against the lower ranked sides so far this year and should get the job done.
Rockbank by 15 points.

Riddell Vs Wallan - The Bombers hit some form last week and showed they are still a force to be reckoned with. The Magpies have found a little belief and should now have the confidence to know they can mix it with the top sides. But at Riddell it will likely be too tough.
Riddell by 15 points.

Kilmore Vs Woodend/Hesket - At this stage this is the battle for the wooden spoon. The Blues really need to respond with a win here, while the Hawks are slowly getting used to the game style that Hopkins wants them to play. Should be a real arm wrestle and a good contest.
Kilmore by 15 points.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Sunbury
Welsh, Murphy, Strieff, Bishop, Hatty, Fishenden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romsey
Farmer, Brewer, Dawson, B Henderson, Erwin, Brad Mitchell, and of course Matty Davo 62 goals from 9 games (and a freak). Every team should name a few, and try to work a team from there?

And Pedo as coach!!!

I'll pose a question to everyone. Would anyone from lfield, broadford, woodend, Kilmore, macedon, centrals, wallan or rock bank make this side???? If so who?

I'll pose a question to everyone. Would anyone from lfield, broadford, woodend, Kilmore, macedon, centrals, wallan or rock bank make this side???? If so who?

I reckon you're on the right track Mongerl. I picked my side tonight, nobody from the eight sides mentioned above in it. All from Diggers, Romsey, Sunbury and Riddell !

What do you reckon ?

What a day at Romsey, with all 3 teams playing against Diggers. Started with the 18's who I think were bottom 2 on the ladder. Romsey got upon the end by 1-2 goals in a hard faught out game. The 2's were next in what shaped up to be a great contest between the undefeated Romsey and the 3rd placed Diggers. First half was close, then Diggers played a more disciplined 2nd half and ran out winners by a fair margin.

Up next was 1st v 2nd on the ladder. Romsey are the high scoring team of the comp, while Diggers are the better defenders, keeping their opponents to an average of only 7 goals per game. First q saw Romsey jump to a 5 g to 1g lead. Second q saw Diggers go into half time about 2 goals down.

Half time entertainment saw the Junior footy club play 3 inter club games. Under 9, 10 and 12's split the teams into 2 and played each other. It was great to see the kids be part of a great day for the club. Thanks to all parents who bought their kids out for a 20 minute game and to the sponsors who gave each child a footy at the end of the game.

2nd half saw Romsey run away with the game to end 55 points ahead of Diggers. Great game by the 2 top teams who are sure to be there at the end of the year

Wallan were away so I had a look at the wooden spoon decider yesterday. Kilmore had control all day but couldn't put Woodend away. Kilmore were up by 17 points with about 10 minutes to go but the visitors just kept running and i think it was number 8 who put them in front with only seconds to go.

There wasn't too much of the top quality side on display yeaterday. Macedon were totally out classed by the Kangaroos at Boardman yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back