RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you're on the right track Mongerl. I picked my side tonight, nobody from the eight sides mentioned above in it. All from Diggers, Romsey, Sunbury and Riddell !

What do you reckon ?

Any chance you would be able to post the side u drafted up please? I'm really intrigued to see what peoples thoughts are

Any chance you would be able to post the side u drafted up please? I'm really intrigued to see what peoples thoughts are

A couple of years ago the coach's were invited to pick a side by the RDFL, but the coach's were instructed not to include players from their own club, so i will have a go on what i have seen this year.

Rich (R/Bank) Boxtel (Wall) S.Bell (Wall)

Caton (D/Rest) Silvester (Rid) Elliott (Rid)

Piccolo (D/Rest) Woods (D/Rest) Clough (Mac)

Keenan (Wall) Tuckey (D/Rest) Bishop (Rid)

Pretty (Rid) Allan (Rid) Meacham (S/K)

Rucks

B.Allen (Rid) Inter Cornish (Wall), Scraven (Wall),Wearn (Broad), J.Cuffe (S/K)
P.Robertson (Rid)
J.Wright (Mac)

i wont enter any lancefield players either...............

Caton (digg) Erwin(rom) Ryan(digg)

Sutherland(sun) Sylvester(ridd) Burlak(rom)

Mitchell(rom) Robertson(ridd) Cassan(ridd)

Dawson(rom) Sonaghen(ridd) Farmer(rom)

Davidson(rom) Tuckey(digg) Allen(ridd)

Henderson(rom) Woods(digg) Marshall(digg)

Int: Sahlberg(ridd) Pretty(sun) Bishop(sun) Cuffe(sun)

A couple of years ago the coach's were invited to pick a side by the RDFL, but the coach's were instructed not to include players from their own club, so i will have a go on what i have seen this year.

Rich (R/Bank) Boxtel (Wall) S.Bell (Wall)

Caton (D/Rest) Silvester (Rid) Elliott (Rid)

Piccolo (D/Rest) Woods (D/Rest) Clough (Mac)

Keenan (Wall) Tuckey (D/Rest) Bishop (Rid)

Pretty (Rid) Allan (Rid) Meacham (S/K)

Rucks

B.Allen (Rid) Inter Cornish (Wall), Scraven (Wall),Wearn (Broad), J.Cuffe (S/K)
P.Robertson (Rid)
J.Wright (Mac)

bishop and pretty are from sunbury. i would have thought more sunbury players would have featured pal. fish,welsh,streiff,sutherland murphy etc?????????????

Love to see your side Mongrel.

Will put mine up when I get a spare 5 minutes, but interested to see your's Mate !

its actually good to see people actually on here again talking footy. the thread hasnt been worth reading lately other than a few good write ups from ims and omni. good work boys!!!!!

ill put some thought into it and have a crack shortly. maybe people can get on here and break it down into positions etc???

its actually good to see people actually on here again talking footy. the thread hasnt been worth reading lately other than a few good write ups from ims and omni. good work boys!!!!!

ill put some thought into it and have a crack shortly. maybe people can get on here and break it down into positions etc???

some of the players not from my club that i would try and mould a side around would be,

1. tuckey diggers
2. p.robertson ridd
3. j.wright mac
4. b.gordon kil
5. l.fishenden sun
6. woods diggers
7. b.sonogan ridd
8. s.bishop sun
9. d.sahlberg ridd
10. b.caton digg
11. c.meacham sun
12. j.colliss wall
13. s.ruane diggers
14. b.sutherland sun
15. j.sylvester ridd
16. m.allen ridd
17. j.heritage diggers
18. h.ross ridd
19. m.welsh sun
20. j.clough mac
21. j.pretty sun
22. m.streiff sun
23. b.scraven wall
24. j.powell sun
25. k.murphy sun
26. j.ryan diggers

I am coming to your joint to show you the Caps key Mongrel :D

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

possible list:

1. m.davidson
2. p.robertson
3. b.tuckey
4. l.erwin
5. j.ryan
6. l. fishenden
7. b.henderson
8. j.sylvester
9. woods
10. b.mitchell
11. s.bishop
12. a.mcnaughton
13. b.sonogan
14. d.sahlberg
15. s.burlak
16. b.sutherland
17. b.gordon
18. m.farmer
19. b.caton
20. s.ruane
21. j.wright
22. m.streiff
23. j.pretty
24. j.cuffe
25. m.brewer
26. c.dawson
27. c.meacham
28. m.allen
29. h.ross
30. s.simms

bishop and pretty are from sunbury. i would have thought more sunbury players would have featured pal. fish,welsh,streiff,sutherland murphy etc?????????????
Thats the point, everyone has their own opinion and i have picked a side on what i have seen, like when we played Rockbank their Fullback showed very good skills, Davo kicked plenty that day but this kid from Rockbank can play, just hope i got his name right. Boxtel is making a name for himself at fullback, a real tough & hard fullback who doesnt get many goals kicked on him. Look at Robbo from Wallan, we all know what his capable of and against Macedon he showed what he can do, before that one game he has been very quiet. Little Piccilo has plenty of pace and really impressed me with his run & carry & Woods is very good. The comp has improved rapidly in the last three years and i think it's great that Lancefield are up & about. Where's the spell check on this thing?

Thats the point, everyone has their own opinion and i have picked a side on what i have seen, like when we played Rockbank their Fullback showed very good skills, Davo kicked plenty that day but this kid from Rockbank can play, just hope i got his name right. Boxtel is making a name for himself at fullback, a real tough & hard fullback who doesnt get many goals kicked on him. Look at Robbo from Wallan, we all know what his capable of and against Macedon he showed what he can do, before that one game he has been very quiet. Little Piccilo has plenty of pace and really impressed me with his run & carry & Woods is very good. The comp has improved rapidly in the last three years and i think it's great that Lancefield are up & about. Where's the spell check on this thing?

are u sure its just not a little bit of a soft spot for your old club wallan? u seemed to have named quite a few of them:eek:

I think whether you are picking a team of the year or an interleague side of the best players, opinion will sway greatly. If I was picking an Interleague side, there would only be two players outside of the top 4 that I would have as it stands and none outside the top 6. But it's all opinion. I rushed an "Interleague" side and had a rough look at what I would think would be a team of the year to date, and they would be very different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys!!
Nice work on having a crack at picking sides.. its never an easy task and it is more of an opinion.. I've picked a side based on every team we've called this year.. we haven't seen Broadford or Wallan play yet but I've aimed to find the better player from teams that I have seen and find them I home.. I haven't seen Lancefield admittedly because of other engagements but I've put Johnny Baker in because he is a must have forward..

Romsey and Riddell dominate the backline and there is so much depth in both sides that I couldn't find a home for Silvester and Farmer.. as good as they are and a pleasure to watch.. these guys that I've listed have done really well in the games we've seen and they continue to shine.. in my mind, Quinn for Woodend is one of the best ruckman in the game and Robinson isn't far behind.. we saw him when he was switched on for the draw and he is an instant pick in any team for mine.. Darbs has one of the best hands for a young player in the competition, he rarely drops a mark and he is an accurate kick.. Preston has that potential to be a break out player.. reminds me a bit of Davo.. he creates a contest and he brings the ball to ground level and wins possession on a lead.. he may not get the goals that Davo does but he's only 21.. when he switches on, he really gets going when he gets the space and the Cats usually do well when he gets chances ..

BP - Shane Bishop (Sunbury K) FB - Leigh Erwin (Romsey) BP - Steve Burlak (Romsey)
HB – Ricky Elliott (Riddell) CHB – Ben Sonogan (Riddell) HB – Dave Henderson (Romsey)
W – Russell Rich (Rockbank) C – Joseph Piccolo (Diggers Rest) W- Josh Clough (Macedon)
HF - Matt Darby (Riddell) CHF – Brent Tuckey (Diggers) HF – Jared Pretty (Sunbury K)
FP – Chris Meacham (Sunbury K) FF – Matt Davidson (Romsey) FP – John Baker (Lancefield)
Ruck – Leigh Fishdendon (Sunbury K) RR – Peter Robertson (Riddell) R – Shannon Green (Romsey)
Inter –Chris Robinson (Melton Central), Matt Swindells (Kilmore), Kris Preston (Macedon), Matt Quinn (Woodend/Hesket)

This is based purely on picking the best possible team IMO for an interleague side (hence the 6 on the pine). I have been fairly ruthless TBH, but like I said, there are no players from outside the Top 6 and only 2 from outside the Top 4.

Code:
   B    Kris Marsh (DR)       Brett Caton (DR)      Jake Powell (SK)
   HB   Leigh Erwin (Rom)     Jarrod Silvester (Rid)Tim Dettman (Mac)
   C    Brad Mitchell (Rom)   Mitch Farmer (Rom)    Stuart Clarke (DR)
   HF   Shaun Sims (DR)       Brent Tuckey (DR)     Cameron Dawson (Rom)
   F    Jared Pretty (SK)     Matt Davidson (Rom)   Chris Meacham (SK)
   R    Leigh Fishenden (SK)  James Wright (Mac)    Shane Bishop (SK)
   I    Ash McNaughton (Rom)  Steve Ruane (DR)      Ben Sonogan (Rid)
        Peter Robertson (Rid) Blake Henderson (Rom) Matt Robertson (Wal)

Emerg  Cameron Woods (DR)    Jeff Heritage (DR)

I watch wallan most weeks and think 4 or 5 could make this, and when I watch other sides play wallan and there's a big name playing and he might have an off day doesn't mean he is having a slow season, very hard for people to pick on only one march u have seen that team play, still great effort to make up a side I couldn't do it.

Hey guys!!
Nice work on having a crack at picking sides.. its never an easy task and it is more of an opinion.. I've picked a side based on every team we've called this year.. we haven't seen Broadford or Wallan play yet but I've aimed to find the better player from teams that I have seen and find them I home.. I haven't seen Lancefield admittedly because of other engagements but I've put Johnny Baker in because he is a must have forward..

Romsey and Riddell dominate the backline and there is so much depth in both sides that I couldn't find a home for Silvester and Farmer.. as good as they are and a pleasure to watch.. these guys that I've listed have done really well in the games we've seen and they continue to shine.. in my mind, Quinn for Woodend is one of the best ruckman in the game and Robinson isn't far behind.. we saw him when he was switched on for the draw and he is an instant pick in any team for mine.. Darbs has one of the best hands for a young player in the competition, he rarely drops a mark and he is an accurate kick.. Preston has that potential to be a break out player.. reminds me a bit of Davo.. he creates a contest and he brings the ball to ground level and wins possession on a lead.. he may not get the goals that Davo does but he's only 21.. when he switches on, he really gets going when he gets the space and the Cats usually do well when he gets chances ..

BP - Shane Bishop (Sunbury K) FB - Leigh Erwin (Romsey) BP - Steve Burlak (Romsey)
HB – Ricky Elliott (Riddell) CHB – Ben Sonogan (Riddell) HB – Dave Henderson (Romsey)
W – Russell Rich (Rockbank) C – Joseph Piccolo (Diggers Rest) W- Josh Clough (Macedon)
HF - Matt Darby (Riddell) CHF – Brent Tuckey (Diggers) HF – Jared Pretty (Sunbury K)
FP – Chris Meacham (Sunbury K) FF – Matt Davidson (Romsey) FP – John Baker (Lancefield)
Ruck – Leigh Fishdendon (Sunbury K) RR – Peter Robertson (Riddell) R – Shannon Green (Romsey)
Inter –Chris Robinson (Melton Central), Matt Swindells (Kilmore), Kris Preston (Macedon), Matt Quinn (Woodend/Hesket)

Great to see a few guys having a crack at this. After all it is only personal opinions........ Christheledge I must admit I'm shocked u couldn't squeeze the competitions number 1 player in tho.....Also j. Baker is miles behind davo, tuckey, meach and Allen imo. Also bishop is a centreman.lol. Sorry to sound picky. Haha when I post mine u can hammer me mate

This is based purely on picking the best possible team IMO for an interleague side (hence the 6 on the pine). I have been fairly ruthless TBH, but like I said, there are no players from outside the Top 6 and only 2 from outside the Top 4.

Code:
  B    Kris Marsh (DR)      Brett Caton (DR)      Jake Powell (SK)
  HB  Leigh Erwin (Rom)    Jarrod Silvester (Rid)Tim Dettman (Mac)
  C    Brad Mitchell (Rom)  Mitch Farmer (Rom)    Stuart Clarke (DR)
  HF  Shaun Sims (DR)      Brent Tuckey (DR)    Cameron Dawson (Rom)
  F    Jared Pretty (SK)    Matt Davidson (Rom)  Chris Meacham (SK)
  R    Leigh Fishenden (SK)  James Wright (Mac)    Shane Bishop (SK)
  I    Ash McNaughton (Rom)  Steve Ruane (DR)      Ben Sonogan (Rid)
        Peter Robertson (Rid) Blake Henderson (Rom) Matt Robertson (Wal)

Emerg  Cameron Woods (DR)    Jeff Heritage (DR)

B. Sylvester Caton Ross
HB. Woods Erwin Marsh
C. Bishop Farmer P. Robertson
HF. Ruane Tuckey Dawson
F. M. Allen M. Davidson Meacham
R. Fishenden B. Henderson Green

I. J. Cuffe Sims Heritage Strieff

Great to see a few guys having a crack at this. After all it is only personal opinions........ Christheledge I must admit I'm shocked u couldn't squeeze the competitions number 1 player in tho.....Also j. Baker is miles behind davo, tuckey, meach and Allen imo. Also bishop is a centreman.lol. Sorry to sound picky. Haha when I post mine u can hammer me mate

Haha, its the beauty of opinions.. it makes for great discussions :) Hahaha young Shannon Green.. I know.. we've only seen Greeny a few times this year and he's been great without setting the game on fire.. if I had a crack at a side of genuine stars, it could differ a bit.. but I've listed guys from every club and squeezed them in.. you're spot on about Bishop.. dominated in the midfield when we saw him against the Redbacks but I just had to squeeze him in somewhere and I've got a few talls down back so I wanted a smart quick midfielder in there to balance it out.. =P I know there are a few Wallan boys who fit the bill but I haven't seen them yet and I know they are guns! :) You're right about Bakes.. he is Lancefield's best target up forward and he's kicked 17 goals in their three wins for the year so he hasn't done a bad job.. there are many youngsters doing well in the Tigers team and while I haven't personally seen them play .. the station did broadcast the game against Woodend/Hesket.. I dropped him in there.. Micky Allen is a world class player.. hasn't set the world on fire when we've seen him and feel that Darbs has been the more dominant forward out the two.. love your work mate! :) keep it up!

Haha, its the beauty of opinions.. it makes for great discussions :) Hahaha young Shannon Green.. I know.. we've only seen Greeny a few times this year and he's been great without setting the game on fire.. if I had a crack at a side of genuine stars, it could differ a bit.. but I've listed guys from every club and squeezed them in.. you're spot on about Bishop.. dominated in the midfield when we saw him against the Redbacks but I just had to squeeze him in somewhere and I've got a few talls down back so I wanted a smart quick midfielder in there to balance it out.. =P I know there are a few Wallan boys who fit the bill but I haven't seen them yet and I know they are guns! :) You're right about Bakes.. he is Lancefield's best target up forward and he's kicked 17 goals in their three wins for the year so he hasn't done a bad job.. there are many youngsters doing well in the Tigers team and while I haven't personally seen them play .. the station did broadcast the game against Woodend/Hesket.. I dropped him in there.. Micky Allen is a world class player.. hasn't set the world on fire when we've seen him and feel that Darbs has been the more dominant forward out the two.. love your work mate! :) keep it up!

If we are picking an interleague team, lets have a team not a best of, lets find our best small defender, hard at mids and players who can carry the ball at interleague level etc, and players who can do jobs. Put our coaching hats on and the pick the blokes we want in the trenches. Been a great effort so far only looking at team balance.

If we are picking an interleague team, lets have a team not a best of, lets find our best small defender, hard at mids and players who can carry the ball at interleague level etc, and players who can do jobs. Put our coaching hats on and the pick the blokes we want in the trenches. Been a great effort so far only looking at team balance.

Pretty sure that is what I did??

Round 11.

Broadford Vs Riddell - The Bombers are finding a bit of form and winding up for the 2nd half of the season and into finals, with players coming back from injury are going to be a very tough ask for Broadford have have been only just in the past few weeks.
Riddell by 60 points.

Kilmore Vs Lancefield - Poor Doona isn't going to find this week any easier than the first 10. The Tigers are up and about and look primed to pick up another win this week against a side that just can't put in 4 quarters.
Lancefield by 15 points.

Macedon Vs Romsey - Big game for the Cats, they need to push the Redbacks this week, they have suffered from injuries so far this season, but so has all of the top sides. This game might just show us how far the gap is between the top 4 and everyone else.
Romsey by 40 points.

Melton Centrals Vs Sunbury Kangaroos - These two have a long time rivalry and Centrals have a couple of ex Roos in the line up. Centrals are always pretty competitive at home and I don't expect any different this week, but the Roos just have too much class.
Sunbury by 30 points.

Rockbank Vs Diggers Rest - The Rams are stalling and stalling badly, a big ask against the Burras on the rebound. At home, the Rams are usually better, but they will need to produce their best just to not get blown out of the water.
Diggers Rest by 50 points.

Woodend/Hesket Vs Wallan - The Hawks are coming off a great last gasp win last week and will be up and about for this weeks game. The Magpies slipped in everyone's estimation last week, they were comfortably beaten by the Bombers and need a statement game this week.
Wallan by 30 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back