RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in the leader yesterday it was portrayed that dean was not well enough to coach well according to the well known and respected doctors at the kangas!! However I can assure you dean will be doing some kind of coaching this year.. Where that is will be up to dean to decide and I can say he is very healthy and more committed to coaching now than I have ever seen... And still being interview by clubs!! I just can't get my head around the fact he was given a month off and when he went back a week and a half later he couldn't get an answer if he was coach or not. ???? He then resigned not cause he wanted to but because he felt he had no backing from the committee... Whom while making judgment on his illness only one committe member gave him the Time to call dean!!!

Interesting.. So will he end up at Romsey with you after all this?

Interesting.. So will he end up at Romsey with you after all this?

Explains why my calls keep ringing out :D In all seriousness I hope Mongrel aint lost to footy outa all this, sounds like that wont be the case :thumbsu:

With the 2012 BetStar Champions Cup fast approaching, the crew at Local Footy Scores was hoping to get a bit of an insight on some players to watch, and the player that you think might be 'the difference' for the Romsey Football Club.

We are looking forward to what should be a cracker series, with some big names running around for the competing clubs.

To stay in touch with, and contribute to all things local, like our 'Local Footy Scores' page on Facebook.

mitch farmer. hes a bloody gun!

Interesting post by TP86 and in last Tuesday's local press.

Still nothing on the RDFL website and nothing to the clubs, wonder what "conditions" were agreed to.

Interesting post by TP86 and in last Tuesday's local press.

Still nothing on the RDFL website and nothing to the clubs, wonder what "conditions" were agreed to.

There has been no notification to clubs or posted because no formal agreement has been reached or signed, the story is a little misleading but it states within the article that there has been no agreement signed.

All clubs will receive an email today clarifying the current position.

Was great to finally have football back, even though it was only in the form of a practice match... Good turnout at Gissy for the game.

Gissy won the game quite comfortably, but both sides had several players missing, can't speak completely for Gissy, but Riddell had many of their best missing. Sylvester was impressive, got better as the game went on and will be very good this year (as to be expected), while Cam Casson racked them up through the middle of the ground and Brian Ruffell kicked a few. All in all would have been a good hit out for the Bombers to have a look at a few of the next tier blokes.

Was just great to finally have footy back on a perfect night for it. :thumbsu:

With Barry Hall pulling the pin on a boxing career, could a few RDFL clubs line up to gain his services to play a few games? huge draw card..

With Barry Hall pulling the pin on a boxing career, could a few RDFL clubs line up to gain his services to play a few games? huge draw card..

Wallan was Baz's junior club. Broadford is obvioulsy where he grew up (brother and now nephew play/played there). These would be the only 2 serious chances, even if it is remote. Avenel where he won a 3rds B&F before going to the Bushies would have to be a chance too at a one off game.

How good would it be to see the big fella have one last run around at grassroots level, somewhere where he'd spent time before heading to Melbourne many moons ago.

Where are the praccy games this week gents? Obviously Riddell and Broadford had hitouts last week, anything on this week??? Dunno if I posted when IMS asked but Kilmore play at Yea next Satdy (24th) then host Avenel on the 31st.

Wallan was Baz's junior club. Broadford is obvioulsy where he grew up (brother and now nephew play/played there). These would be the only 2 serious chances, even if it is remote. Avenel where he won a 3rds B&F before going to the Bushies would have to be a chance too at a one off game.

How good would it be to see the big fella have one last run around at grassroots level, somewhere where he'd spent time before heading to Melbourne many moons ago.

Where are the praccy games this week gents? Obviously Riddell and Broadford had hitouts last week, anything on this week??? Dunno if I posted when IMS asked but Kilmore play at Yea next Satdy (24th) then host Avenel on the 31st.

Wallan play Mt.Pleasant this saturday up there. Heathcote @ Heathcote on 24th and Chirnside Park @ Wallan on 31st March.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romsey start off with a couple of warm up games this Sunday, the first game will be against Digby Morrell's Strathmore & then a little country side by the name of Shepparton United!

Romsey start off with a couple of warm up games this Sunday, the first game will be against Digby Morrell's Strathmore & then a little country side by the name of Shepparton United!

Tough day pal..

Re:
Any div 1 teams interested in a praccy game on the 24/25th march against nth foots.
We are divvy 1 wrfl and now have no game happy to travel.
Pm me if interested.

Hows it all stacking up Doona? plenty of talk being generated around the town for this season?

Is the Strathmore game in Romsey? Have a mate who plays for them...wouldn't mind coming to watch.

Is the Strathmore game in Romsey? Have a mate who plays for them...wouldn't mind coming to watch.

Nah mate Romsey are playing in the Betstar Champions Cup this Sunday and have drawn Strathmore and United in their two games.

Hows it all stacking up Doona? plenty of talk being generated around the town for this season?

Going ok to date. Training numbers been consistent as have the efforts and attitudes which is all a new coach can ask for. Had an intraclub tonight which was nice to reward the lads with an actual game finally, two practice games now follow before Rd.1. Nice to know there's a bit of talk, would be great to see some old Kilmore names/heads back up around the club turning that into some fresh support on a Saturday arvo.

What time are the games?

First games are at 11.00am, Second games 12.00pm and Third games at 1.00pm

Semi Finals at 2.20pm

Grand Final at 3.40pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back