RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see a few guys having a crack at this. After all it is only personal opinions........ Christheledge I must admit I'm shocked u couldn't squeeze the competitions number 1 player in tho.....Also j. Baker is miles behind davo, tuckey, meach and Allen imo. Also bishop is a centreman.lol. Sorry to sound picky. Haha when I post mine u can hammer me mate

Hey Mongrel, what happened to your side, one minute it's there, next minute it's gone.

Went to have another look and it wasn't there, can you re post it please mate !

Will try and do mine in the next few days.

Hey Mongrel, what happened to your side, one minute it's there, next minute it's gone.

Went to have another look and it wasn't there, can you re post it please mate !

Will try and do mine in the next few days.

Caton. Sutherland. Ryan

Erwin. Burlak. Sonogen

Mitchell. Farmer. Piccolo

Pretty. Sylvester. Wright

Meach. Tuckey. Davo

Fish. Robertson. Bishop

Mcnaughton Henderson woods. Ruane

Not a team picked on balance. I picked this side on name and performance. My inter league side wouldn't have as many key position players. But I believe I've picked the best two rucks, the best on ballers the best key backs

One player you have all missed is Marcus Webb from Broadford the bloke is a class above a lot of these mid fielders, he may play in one of the lower sides but he is more highly skilled more composed and more flexible then a lot of these guys named! If he played at Romsey or sunbury he would be the toast of the league! get one of these guns in a top to play on webbt one on one n he will show them up time after time n he's not the only player ins weaker side that can do that! You can't help your support crew

One player you have all missed is Marcus Webb from Broadford the bloke is a class above a lot of these mid fielders, he may play in one of the lower sides but he is more highly skilled more composed and more flexible then a lot of these guys named! If he played at Romsey or sunbury he would be the toast of the league! get one of these guns in a top to play on webbt one on one n he will show them up time after time n he's not the only player ins weaker side that can do that! You can't help your support crew

Fair points you make van. I remember watching first hand as Webby (then as a 17 year old) had 22 touches and a massive say in our premiership victory at Yea in 2005.

May as well put all the inuendo to bed in regards to the past week at Kilmore FC. In a nutshell, as a result of a review of the footy department we have lost the services of a few of the boys. In the meeting I kicked things off by offering to take a cut from my own massive salary due to not firing a shot or being able to extract the best out of my group.

Collectively everyone at the club, sponsors, coaches, even players too acknowledge that in business terms, we're not getting a good enough return on the investment. Attempts to portray a scenario in which we get put on notice but can earn the same money with increased output sadly didn't come across that way.

I've had daily communications with the lads, even as recent as 15 minutes ago. Unfortunate yes, but we all agree that what's done is done, friendship's beyond football is far more important and we'll all get thru this no worries. Personally I'd like to see them play footy somewhere, I know time is running out, but all things told if any of those lads are playing a game on our weekend off I've told them I'm making every effort to get there and support them.

I still applaud the fact of what the club was trying to do. Yes it didn't pan out how we intended it, but we learn and we move on quickly. Even though the goalposts have moved a fair bit in a space of 2-3 days, I'm looking forward to hopefully unearthing a few kids over the next 2 months.

Bottom yes, rock bottom no, there's plenty of club's in worse situations than we are at present, we'll get thru tomorrow and then we have a fortnight to work on the rest. In adversity we face challenges, challenges present opportunity and it's gunna be of interest to see if we can find a few diamonds in the rough so to speak over the coming 2 months.

Must say thanks and that we appreciate the sudden interest in someone outside the "Top 4" for a change. If there's anyone aspiring to simply just play senior football but are hovering around the "mix" at one of the super teams, I'm happy to offer senior games of football if it helps development and you can head back equipped for when your chance presents with actual senior games under the belt ..............

Well put vantheman

Hey guys!!
Nice work on having a crack at picking sides.. its never an easy task and it is more of an opinion.. I've picked a side based on every team we've called this year.. we haven't seen Broadford or Wallan play yet but I've aimed to find the better player from teams that I have seen and find them I home.. I haven't seen Lancefield admittedly because of other engagements but I've put Johnny Baker in because he is a must have forward..

Romsey and Riddell dominate the backline and there is so much depth in both sides that I couldn't find a home for Silvester and Farmer.. as good as they are and a pleasure to watch.. these guys that I've listed have done really well in the games we've seen and they continue to shine.. in my mind, Quinn for Woodend is one of the best ruckman in the game and Robinson isn't far behind.. we saw him when he was switched on for the draw and he is an instant pick in any team for mine.. Darbs has one of the best hands for a young player in the competition, he rarely drops a mark and he is an accurate kick.. Preston has that potential to be a break out player.. reminds me a bit of Davo.. he creates a contest and he brings the ball to ground level and wins possession on a lead.. he may not get the goals that Davo does but he's only 21.. when he switches on, he really gets going when he gets the space and the Cats usually do well when he gets chances ..

BP - Shane Bishop (Sunbury K) FB - Leigh Erwin (Romsey) BP - Steve Burlak (Romsey)
HB – Ricky Elliott (Riddell) CHB – Ben Sonogan (Riddell) HB – Dave Henderson (Romsey)
W – Russell Rich (Rockbank) C – Joseph Piccolo (Diggers Rest) W- Josh Clough (Macedon)
HF - Matt Darby (Riddell) CHF – Brent Tuckey (Diggers) HF – Jared Pretty (Sunbury K)
FP – Chris Meacham (Sunbury K) FF – Matt Davidson (Romsey) FP – John Baker (Lancefield)
Ruck – Leigh Fishdendon (Sunbury K) RR – Peter Robertson (Riddell) R – Shannon Green (Romsey)
Inter –Chris Robinson (Melton Central), Matt Swindells (Kilmore), Kris Preston (Macedon), Matt Quinn (Woodend/Hesket)

B. Caton Silvester Powell

HB. Marsh Erwin Woods

C. Welsh Farmer Bishop

HF. Strieff Tuckey Dawson

F. Meacham Davidson Darby

R. Fishenden Heritage Piccolo

I. Ruane Wright P. Robertson B. Henderson

B. Caton Silvester Powell

HB. Marsh Woods Erwin

C. Welsh Farmer Bishop

HF. Strieff Tuckey Dawson

F. Meacham Davidson Darby

R. Fishenden Heritage Piccolo

I. Ruane Wright P. Robertson B. Henderson

I really like this side. A great mix of talent. I wouldn't have woods in that spot tho. Great effort all the same

I really like this side. A great mix of talent. I wouldn't have woods in that spot tho. Great effort all the same

Good pick up Mongrel, nor would I got Woods and Erwin arse about. Erwin CHB, Woods on the flank.
Great spine, talented onballers, strong backline, plenty of goalkicking ability with good ball users like Farmer and Welsh hitting the targets, strong rucking division.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caton. Sutherland. Ryan

Erwin. Burlak. Sonogen

Mitchell. Farmer. Piccolo

Pretty. Sylvester. Wright

Meach. Tuckey. Davo

Fish. Robertson. Bishop

Mcnaughton Henderson woods. Ruane

Not a team picked on balance. I picked this side on name and performance. My inter league side wouldn't have as many key position players. But I believe I've picked the best two rucks, the best on ballers the best key backs

My choice for coach, based on what I've seen would be Jamie Elliott, Diggers Rest.

My choice for coach, based on what I've seen would be Jamie Elliott, Diggers Rest.
I respect your opinion, I'm sure Jamie is a great coach & would br great coaching the RDFL side, so would Gilchrist, Nolan, wheels & probably every other coach, how good is Schumacher going since he jumped out of the red car? If you ain't got a fast car you can't win the race!

Very interesting day of local footy over at Broadfraud yesterday.

Overweight, slow & scared umpires in 18s & 2s losing contol of games.
Massive old fashioned "biffo" incidents in 2s & 1s !
One sides players constantly arguing with supporters over the fence.
Players from ONE side being sent off in all three games !
Not ONE single player reported !
Trainer in seniors gets Yellow carded, then rushes at field umpire, then gets reported, then screams abuse at cheering crowd, then gets in his car & speeds off around the ground & out of the reserve !
Was like going back in time, going to the footy yesterday. At one point I thought I was over at Hesket watching the match of the day, with all the passion & emotion shown by the feral & undisciplined Kangaroos & their support staff yesterday.
Pretty eventful & certainly not boring, but definitely NOT the right way for a Football club to go about things or achieve success in 2012 !!!

No footy in wallan so went and watched kilmore v tigers, kilmore all kids were very impressive what a turn around from the week they had and players walking out. I know it was just lancefield they played but they showed heart and got a good win, well done.

Thought id have a crack at a Interleague Side. Would be pretty happy seeing this team run out:

B: Powell (SK) Caton (DR) Ryan (DR)
HB: Erwin (ROM) Silvester (RID) Dettman (MAC)
C: Mitchell (ROM) Heritage (DR) Gordon (KIL)
HF: Farmer (ROM) Tuckey (DR) Dawson (ROM)
F: Allan (RID) Davidson (ROM) Ruane (DR)
R: Fishdendon (SK) Robertson (RID) Wright (MAC)

I: Woods (DR) Mcnaughton (ROM) Meacham (SK) Henderson (ROM)

Thought id have a crack at a Interleague Side. Would be pretty happy seeing this team run out:

B: Powell (SK) Caton (DR) Ryan (DR)
HB: Erwin (ROM) Silvester (RID) Dettman (MAC)
C: Mitchell (ROM) Heritage (DR) Gordon (KIL)
HF: Farmer (ROM) Tuckey (DR) Dawson (ROM)
F: Allan (RID) Davidson (ROM) Ruane (DR)
R: Fishdendon (SK) Robertson (RID) Wright (MAC)

I: Woods (DR) Mcnaughton (ROM) Meacham (SK) Henderson (ROM)

Great team!! who would you have as your second ruck??

I respect your opinion, I'm sure Jamie is a great coach & would br great coaching the RDFL side, so would Gilchrist, Nolan, wheels & probably every other coach, how good is Schumacher going since he jumped out of the red car? If you ain't got a fast car you can't win the race!
We are spoilt for great coaches in this league.. the talent level is rising too!

Sorry Chris, just had another look at your team, realised yours is Quinn from Woodend mate !
Hahaha, you're all good there mate.. that side wasn't the best side of the year.. it was the best performed of players that we've seen this year.. Quinn is one of the most improved players in the competition for mine.. :)

Hahaha, you're all good there mate.. that side wasn't the best side of the year.. it was the best performed of players that we've seen this year.. Quinn is one of the most improved players in the competition for mine.. :)

He must be damn good. Like I mentioned earlier, the best player in the comp Mitch farmer didn't make your side. Ha ha. Is he having a bad year? Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back