RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMS, how can I get onto footy web tv for a look mate.

After last weekend's results, have your thoughts changed on the finishing order of the final six.

Also would'nt mind OMNI's thoughts on that one too !

After last weekend's results, have your thoughts changed on the finishing order of the final six.

Actually, I think it might just put it back in the order I tipped on Web TV..

www.rdfl.org.au

It's in the right hand side of the screen, you might need to scroll down a little.

Fair warning though mate, seems I have upset some at the Kangaroos, they believe that I have treated them poorly in suggesting that some discipline issues might exist.

Thanks for that !
Hi first time in here but have been watching for some time can anyone tell me the formatt for team of the year as i have been to a lot off games including Kilmore VS Centrals and young ruck Johnathan O, Brien is all over evryone has a lot off talent but all eyes seem to be looking in diferent directions he has a great leep and very mobile dont forget that every side even those down the bottom have great players stiil ,enjoy.

Hi first time in here but have been watching for some time can anyone tell me the formatt for team of the year as i have been to a lot off games including Kilmore VS Centrals and young ruck Johnathan O, Brien is all over evryone has a lot off talent but all eyes seem to be looking in diferent directions he has a great leep and very mobile dont forget that every side even those down the bottom have great players stiil ,enjoy.

Not sure of the format, maybe IMS can fill us in. Last time I looked Steve James was shouldering most of the ruckwork at Centrals. When Sunbury played Centrals about a month ago, with all due respect nobody from Centrals was "all over everyone"

Not sure of the format, maybe IMS can fill us in. Last time I looked Steve James was shouldering most of the ruckwork at Centrals. When Sunbury played Centrals about a month ago, with all due respect nobody from Centrals was "all over everyone"

There is no set "format" as such... Last year a panel of selectors put together their best sides, then sat down and selected the side as they saw "best performed" for the season. I would think this year would be much the same.

Jono is definitely a talented youngster, but jumping in the middle of the ground isn't the only criteria to being part of the team of the year.

Round 15

Can't believe that we only have 4 rounds to go before finals!!! This season has gone so very quickly!!

Few big games this week for some sides...

Lancefield Vs Sunbury
While finals are out of reach for the Tigers, their improvement over the course of the season hasn't gone unnoticed. They have another opportunity this week to push one of the finals contenders on their own paddock and should give a great sight of themselves. But the Kangaroos have far too much to play for. The loss of the Bombers last week means the Roos are still in the hunt to finish 3rd, although they have to win these games and pick up a win against either Romsey or Diggers in the final round to snare that all important 3rd spot.
Sunbury by 40 points

Melton Central Vs Riddell
Last time these two sides met was Centrals worst performance of the season as they were completely dominated and demolished by the Bombers. They get them on their home deck this week and are back in pretty good form, with a massive game against Wallan next week for what could be a finals berth, they need a strong performance against the Bombers to carry in some form to Wallan. With the Bombers missing a few still through injury and coming off the loss to Diggers Rest, could Centrals push for an unlikely upset. Based on the first time around, absolutely not, but based on current form they should be in the game.
Riddell by 26 points

Rockbank Vs Macedon
The last time these two met, the Cats demolished the Rams, this time around should be no different, the Rams have been horrible the past few weeks and are looking to the end of the season to restart all over again.
Macedon by 80 points

Romsey Vs Kilmore
The Blues gave a good sight of themselves against the Redbacks last time around, but they face a Romsey side ready to make a statement to the rest of the competition heading into the finals, Matt Davidson was on fire in the 2nd half last week and if he carries that form into this week it could be a long day for the Blues.
Romsey by 40 points

Wallan Vs Diggers Rest
This could almost be match of the Round, the Magpies are under the pump, they have been smashed in the past 2 weeks and face the top side in the competition. A loss here will put them half a game back on Macedon and firmly in the sights of Centrals who face them the following week, almost for a spot in the finals. The Magpies do have the advantage of having a slightly easier run home, but need to bounce back after successive floggings. The Burra are simply flying.
Diggers Rest by 50 points

Woodend/Hesket Vs Broadford
The transferred game to Kyneton should be a ripping contest. The Roos are coming home with a wet sail to finish off the year and could finish with up to 7 wins. If the Hawks can get the win, they will drag themselves above those fighting out the wooden spoon.. Should be a great game.
Broadford by 12 points

Not sure which game I will head to as yet, but good luck to all sides!!!

Sorry about the tardiness with my reply there Mr Bomba. Been a bit crook lately. :(

Yes I have indeed changed my thoughts on the final ladder placings come the end of the H&As, given a couple of upsets that have taken place of recent times.
Here's how I see it.....Mk 2 - :eek:

Diggers.................68
Romsey.................60
Sunbury................56
Riddell...................56
Macedon...............46
Wallan..................40

Melton..................30
Broadford..............20
Woodend..............16
Lancefield.............16
Kilmore.................12
Rockbank...............12

Premiership Market after Round 14 -

Diggers Rest - $1.30
Romsey, Sunbury & Riddell - $2.50
Wallan & Macedon - $25.00
Melton - $100.00
Rockbank, Woodend, Lancefield, Wallan & Broadford - no quote !

Once again, one qtr of footy costing wallan the game. Diggers were awesome in the 2nd qtr. Tuckey unstoppable in the 1st half, but especially in the 2nd qtr. must have 5 or 6 to half time and was instrumantle in a few others. He was kept quiet in the 2nd half but damage was done. Great 2nd half by our guys, never gave up and gave it there all. Diggers with 3 or 4 injuries for the match, Wallan with 2. Hopefully all players will be right for finals. Bring on Centrals next week for what will be our biggest game of the year. Go Wallan.

Great footy from the hawks today, great win from the two's also. Put the Broady boys back in their box today. Young Jordie "shore" Taylor played a great game as did the skipper JS. Oh and love watching the footy in the sunshine!

Great footy from the hawks today, great win from the two's also. Put the Broady boys back in their box today. Young Jordie "shore" Taylor played a great game as did the skipper JS. Oh and love watching the footy in the sunshine!

Wasnt it sensational Sprech' ? Maybe Spring has sprung a little earlier than expected & our respective grounds can get a chance to dry out !!! :eek: ................................... I picked JS to be a star way back in 08, & have been watching his progression from a distance with much interest. There is nothing better than seeing a young bloke come through the ranks & fulfil his early potential............ Cause there are PLENTY that display early promise that finish up never delivering !!! :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kangaroos were outstanding on Saturday against a side that has improved over the course of the year.. From the first bounce they were ruthless and most importantly disciplined. I like the look of Pretty playing up the field and it was outstanding to see Jamie Cuffe put a real stamp on the contest, kicked 7 and should have kicked 12 if he could kick straight.. Seriously Cuffey, stop stabbing at the ball and kick through it :p

The Tigers were disappointing, they were 2nd to the ball all day and the Kangaroos really exposed them on the spread.

Votes
3 - Jamie Cuffe (SK)
2 - Matt Welsh (SK)
1 - Jared Pretty (SK)

Big finish to the end of the year. The Kangaroos need to pick up a win against either Romsey or Diggers Rest to finish on equal wins with the Bombers who shouldn't drop another game, to finish in that all important 3rd spot...

OMNIPOTENT_1 you have Riddell dropping a game prior to the end of the year????

3 massive games this week....

Broadford Vs Macedon.. Can the Roos bounce back and have an impact on the Cats finals chances??
Sunbury Vs Romsey... Can the Kangaroos get that win and take the pressure off a final round match against the Burra?
Wallan Vs Melton Centrals.. Magpies with the all important home ground advantage, the winner of this game will go a long way to making the finals, although Centrals have the tougher final 2 weeks.

The Kangaroos were outstanding on Saturday against a side that has improved over the course of the year.. From the first bounce they were ruthless and most importantly disciplined. I like the look of Pretty playing up the field and it was outstanding to see Jamie Cuffe put a real stamp on the contest, kicked 7 and should have kicked 12 if he could kick straight.. Seriously Cuffey, stop stabbing at the ball and kick through it :p

The Tigers were disappointing, they were 2nd to the ball all day and the Kangaroos really exposed them on the spread.

Votes
3 - Jamie Cuffe (SK)
2 - Matt Welsh (SK)
1 - Jared Pretty (SK)

Big finish to the end of the year. The Kangaroos need to pick up a win against either Romsey or Diggers Rest to finish on equal wins with the Bombers who shouldn't drop another game, to finish in that all important 3rd spot...

I agree J. Cuffe was outstanding, marked everything that came his way, should have kicked 10 plus. Delivery and decision making from Welsh and Pretty outstanding. Kanga's backline excellent, led by Gregory who did a good job on Baker.

I agree J. Cuffe was outstanding, marked everything that came his way, should have kicked 10 plus. Delivery and decision making from Welsh and Pretty outstanding. Kanga's backline excellent, led by Gregory who did a good job on Baker.

Agree and Jake Powell off the half back line was also exceptional.. Will go as far as saying he is the best half back in the competition, if not the best, very very close.

Votes
3 - Jamie Cuffe (SK)
2 - Matt Welsh (SK)
1 - Jared Pretty (SK)

Sorry pal, my bad ! All fixed now. :thumbsu:

Premiership Market after Round 15 -

Diggers Rest - $1.30
Romsey, Sunbury & Riddell - $2.50
Wallan & Macedon - $25.00
Melton - $50.00
Rockbank, Woodend, Lancefield, Wallan & Broadford - no quote !

I gotta say there may be just a few surprises left in the H&A season yet !!!
I said earlier in the season that Melton were POO !........Basically because they were ! But let me tell you, they have improved, & improved significantly. The Blueboys must have a bit of belief that they can still make the top six & feature in finals come September because nowdays they are having a real red hot crack.
They want the pill & they hit the contested ball hard ! They play with purpose and desire & when it all comes together they move the ball very well into their forward half to create scoring opportunities.
Steve "Spud" James is doing a very good job in the ruck. He is often giving his mids first use of the ball, & they are pumping it long into space in their forward line where Adam Fenton is presenting well & taking some fine strong grabs & kicks accurately on most occassions. I think two major improvements though in Meltons game have been, their discipline is a lot better, & their skill errors have significantly dropped.
Next weeks game against the Pies up at Wallan should be a cracker, and could just determine whether the Melton boys are gunna figure in this years RDFL finals series. Either way, I dont think any side should be taking the boys from the West too lightly in the remaining rounds of the season. Otherwise I think they may be in for a little bit of a surprise !!!

Important day at Wallan this week I really think they'll turn around their form slump and lock in a finals spot. How many other clubs look like contesting finals in all grades of football and netball?

Big day at Broadford too, what happens if they upset Macedon??? Dont Macedon and Melton meet again yet??? I still remember when we upset them for our first win the Roos camp claimed they "softened" them up the week prior for us, and after hearing how they apparently did the same to Wallan a few weeks back I reckon the Roos will have a real go at the cats this week.

Must say pretty important day in Kilmore Saturday too .....

Looking forward to this weeks games.

Might drive down and catch Sunbury vs Romsey. I know the Sunbury boys think they have their measure after narrowly missing out the last 2 times. Should be a corker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back