RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mate watched it on YouTube . Thought the big skinny fella in the ruck for Sunbury was very influential in the last few minutes. The old bomb & hope worked a treat.

Certainly NOT a "crisis" meeting. You will find that some very good people put there hands up (where others did not) for some particular roles. These people now have much more important issues in there lives that they must deal with. Not my place to divulge exactly what the issues are. I wish them all the best - hope everything works out.
You will find all is good at the BFNC the meeting is only a formality in line with the Clubs Constitution.

Still waiting for a result regarding the after siren debacle at the 2012 Grand-final Sunbury V Romsey Pathetic behavior displayed by certain individuals, - who was the RDFL Investigator? Inspector CLOUSEAU .

(I love sensationalism too:))

Good to hear.. Was hoping there wasn't much too it.. But as you have already witnessed, it's hard to get too many on here to comment unless you whip up a possible controversy...

As for the investigation, go back to the last couple of pages, the investigation finished a while ago, the report was delivered and the persons and club involved now have the opportunity to respond. With the Christmas break involved, the opportunity to respond was extended... I am sure everyone will hear soon enough.

Didn't realise that it personally effected so many on such a level.

Just watched the replay (final 10mins) of last seasons Grandfinal & as an outsider ,someone who has nothing to do with the RDFL , I cannot see what all the fuss was about.
IMO Romsey where totally out played in the last 10mins. Beaten in the centre , out marked around the ground & were really under the pump down back. They couldn't get there hands on the ball , that's the problem I saw. Free kicks paid looked to be there , ,maybe 1 was iffy but ump was close to the action & none of the Romsey boys looked to upset with the decisions made.
I just think Sunbury got a sniff , had all the possession & with a bit of luck , made the most of their opportunities.
Surely not too much will come out of the investigation.
Again I say , I was not associated with the RDFL , so couldn't care less who won. But was interested to see what all the talk was about. Great final 20secs tho , every players dream to have that Meechem moment.

Completely agree.... Read with interest the controversy after the game... Not being involved in the rdfl didn't have a need to comment.... That last free was a 50/50 decision but sunbury were controlling everything at that stage... Romsey couldn't get it past half forward.... Played against the kangaroos in some practices matches not so long ago... Well done to the guys

Rupertswood announced today that they will be playing home games at their traditional home ground at salesian college. just took a bit of time to work through with all key stake holders.

Great news for Rupo, not that I thought it was ever in doubt.

Rupertswood announced today that they will be playing home games at their traditional home ground at salesian college. just took a bit of time to work through with all key stake holders.

Is there where they have been playing prior to this season or had they been playing elsewhere?

Is it true Rupo' are getting Gerard Rapson & Frank Klep back to give player rub downs ???

Completely agree.... Read with interest the controversy after the game... Not being involved in the rdfl didn't have a need to comment.... That last free was a 50/50 decision but sunbury were controlling everything at that stage... Romsey couldn't get it past half forward.... Played against the kangaroos in some practices matches not so long ago... Well done to the guys
Still think the Meacham free kick was dodgy, ump blew the whistle V quick, look forward to rupo being involved this year. Hopefully they have more parking available during footy games.

Rupertswood will play a Praccy match vs Ballarat FL 2012 Premiers Sunbury FC at Clarke Oval on April 6th starting with for 2 x u16's u18's res & night game v Seniors

Agreed with everything except the 50 metre penalty... that last free kick was definitely 50-50.. he was tackled immediately when he gained possession of the ball, thus takes out the prior opportunity, but then disposed of the ball illegally.. should umpires consider the first act in the decision making or the second in that the ball wasn't disposed correctly? It was a hot game of football.. I saw the footage for the first time since the big day, yesterday.. pulsating stuff.. if every grand final can be that close and that good in the RDFL.. its an exciting league to be part of!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate watched it on YouTube . Thought the big skinny fella in the ruck for Sunbury was very influential in the last few minutes. The old bomb & hope worked a treat.

Was that cuff? any chance you could put up a link or what do i type to search for it? Am hearing different things about braodford. Surely having Barry hall locked in for all the home games has to be a big positive for the club so why has there been a few step down at board level?

Was that cuff? any chance you could put up a link or what do i type to search for it? Am hearing different things about braodford. Surely having Barry hall locked in for all the home games has to be a big positive for the club so why has there been a few step down at board level?

Its called a "Clean Out" I believe !!!

Just go to YouTube & type in
Rdfl Grandfinal 2012.

What Broadford needs is for some new blood to step up as of 7.30pm tomorrow night. Time and time again the same old heads have been forced to come back and try (and try) again. To hear it called a "clean out" troubles me (especially if you're not a long time contributor) as some of the people you are referring to are life members and have given the joint a lot of service.

As I said in an earlier post, business sense and some forward thinking is what they need, and lets hope they form a united front as unfortunately at Broadford in the past there has been a lot of factions that time and time again hold the joint back.

First Wallan, now Broadford ..... fingers crossed the Blue Boys can keep their heads afloat and we dont make it 3rd time lucky!!!

My forum friends please read previous posts -- Certainly not a "CLEAN OUT"._ It would be good if they could stay on but, you will find that some very good people (Life Members) who put there hands up (where others did not) now have much more important issues in there lives that they must deal with. I can guarantee 100% the reasons are sound. It is not my place to elaborate,

All is very Good - trust me -- I will never lie to you.

My forum friends please read previous posts -- Certainly not a "CLEAN OUT"._ It would be good if they could stay on but, you will find that some very good people (Life Members) who put there hands up (where others did not) now have much more important issues in there lives that they must deal with. I can guarantee 100% the reasons are sound. It is not my place to elaborate,

All is very Good - trust me -- I will never lie to you.

Good to hear mate, good luck to all tomorrow night, hope you get a few willing participants :thumbsu:

Good to hear mate, good luck to all tomorrow night, hope you get a few willing participants :thumbsu:
Thanks mate - Update you all tomorrow night *******************

Broadford Street Festival 23rd February 2013 main street Meet Barry HALL - Happy to sign gear and have photos taken.

All is Good

Cuffe was causing havoc in the forward line last few minutes, Fish was in the ruck, both had excellent games gf day !

Good to hear.. Was hoping there wasn't much too it.. But as you have already witnessed, it's hard to get too many on here to comment unless you whip up a possible controversy...

As for the investigation, go back to the last couple of pages, the investigation finished a while ago, the report was delivered and the persons and club involved now have the opportunity to respond. With the Christmas break involved, the opportunity to respond was extended... I am sure everyone will hear soon enough.

Didn't realise that it personally effected so many on such a level.
Considering this incident/s occurred five months ago I agree that there needs to be some closure to this matter sooner rather than later. It was not a good look for the league and I'm sure if an incident like this occurred mid season it would have been resolved a lot quicker. It doesn't cut it with me that the Christmas break has allowed an ugly incident to go unresolved for five months without anyone being held accountable.

Considering this incident/s occurred five months ago I agree that there needs to be some closure to this matter sooner rather than later. It was not a good look for the league and I'm sure if an incident like this occurred mid season it would have been resolved a lot quicker. It doesn't cut it with me that the Christmas break has allowed an ugly incident to go unresolved for five months without anyone being held accountable.

See this is where people are misinformed. The club in question have received their sanctions and these are pending response, I keep hearing that no action has been taken, this is incorrect.

See this is where people are misinformed. The club in question have received their sanctions and these are pending response, I keep hearing that no action has been taken, this is incorrect.
It is a bit rough to say misinformed, uninformed would be correct.
I have not seen any word on sanctions on rdfl website. I have been searching google, found an article by Catherine Ferraro in the free press dated 13th dec said there would be a response from Rob Ward in 72hours. Did I miss it?

Sanction means action taken to penalise a body/individual that has violated a law or code etc. I don't see how anyone has been sanctioned yet? Proposed sanctions may have been communicated to the clubs/persons involved but until they have been implemented no one has been sanctioned. I never said that no action had been taken, I just raised the fact that after five months there has not been a conclusion/outcome to a very unsavoury incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back