RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say i thought wow when I saw the photo of the Romsey recruit, impreessive alright. clearances are already open and i see five in from kilmore to craigieburn already. One thats a surprise is the boy who won the 3rds medal Marret whats the story there. if I knew how to put the website up for you trotyboya I would maybe someone else can

isnt his old man president of kilmore, bit of a surprise if it's true.

Love your open ended questions tiwis when you know the answers, yes Micks dad is still the president but you already know that ;)

I actually overheard a conversation that suggested he was initially approached as perhaps some payback at the club after last year's fallout midyear. I hopenot and just hope the lad gets the opportunities he wants out of this coz I rate him pretty highly. I met with Mick prior to Xmas about footy and more, actually thought we'd put a fair scenario together that would cater for footy, his new job locally and offer some leadership with training etc. Sadly I then found out 3rd/4th/5th hand of his decision to leave :(

I feel sorry for any parent in this situation, especially those who have probly never missed a game of sport, carted their son/daughter to rep opportunities etc etc along the way. Highly doubt Wally would've put his hand up for Kilmore FC if he knew this was on the cards, and I've encouraged him to get down there to watch when he can and just be a dad - the club will get by I'm sure.

On the other topic, here you go Cal
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3351-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

The Ballan Football Netball Club is looking for a practice match on April 6th at our home ground as we already have 2 matches away, football and netball sides if possible if interested please reply. Thanks

Let’s hope that Wallan get back on track from now and have a strong year, I watched a few games last year and they have a lot of young local talent. I keep hearing they have lost a few senior players does anyone know who they are and where they have gone too. Round one against Kilmore will be like watching under 18 showing there stuff.

Let’s hope that Wallan get back on track from now and have a strong year, I watched a few games last year and they have a lot of young local talent. I keep hearing they have lost a few senior players does anyone know who they are and where they have gone too. Round one against Kilmore will be like watching under 18 showing there stuff.
Fair to say a lot of senior players and younger senior players have been training at other clubs, but with Frosty now being appointed a few of the younger guys have commited to come back and we are in talks with all of the other players. Hopefully the majority of them will come back and stick around.

Weren't they happy with Benny, whats changed to now consider staying?

Sorry to pry , but what's happened at wallan. Last couple of seasons they've really improved on the field. List was starting to look good , club looked to be really heading in the right direction. Thought if they picked up 2or 3 good footballers they could stake a real claim in 2013. But now they look (from the outside) like they're spiralling out of control. Why did players leave ? Was it for $$? Why did Gilly , who looked to have done a great job , move on? What happened with the new coach (he wasn't happy or club wasn't)? Maybe no-one wants to say , but gee things don't look good .
What coaching experience has Frosty got? Was he the only one who applied for the vacated position? Did he apply or was he asked? Sorry for all the questions , but there's been no dialogue about any of these important issues. With rd1 not too far off
was curious why all these problems arose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is far from spiralling out of control. Yes it has not been the ideal start to the season but with the appointment of Frosty, things look to be back on track. Had 45 on the track last night, and it was pleasing to see a lot of the young kids back out there.

As to why some of the senior players have left, Boxtel has moved down bush so is playing with moama and being good mates with galea and Cornish they have decided to go up with him. Would have been great to keep them but the decision is there's. no hard feelings, welcome back anytime. Holmes has gone back to north Heidelberg. Apart from them, most other players are now back at the club and hopefully stay as well hoping we can pick up some more players.

Gilly stopped due to family and work commitments, has still been helping around the club and I'm sure will continue to do so.

The club has been trying for a number of years to get frosty on board but due to work has not been able to commit, but the club is now very happy and excited that he is now on board. Very experienced player in the past playing a lot of Vfa footy and very knowledgable.

As for Benny leaving, I know he jumps on big footy so ill leave that for him if he wishes to respond.

Thx Iceman , cleared up a lot of the concerns I had. All the best for the season ahead lets hope the improvement continues at your club. With the growing population in the Wallan area , would expect the club to go from strength to strength.

Wallan have had their share of problems this year. Has given the president and committee grey hairs. With Frosty signed on as coach and players resigning as well as new players, things are on the UP at Wallan.:D:D

Few interesting clearances coming through already. Is the O'Brien going to Macedon the one from Kyneton? Good get if so.

Hearing Centrals have a few handy types to add too. Lancefield have also done some good recruiting I am told. Can one of the bottom sides break the monopoly on the top 5 positions?

What's happening at Broadford?? Notice they have a bit of a committee "crisis" meeting next week??

(I love sensationalism) :D
Certainly NOT a "crisis" meeting. You will find that some very good people put there hands up (where others did not) for some particular roles. These people now have much more important issues in there lives that they must deal with. Not my place to divulge exactly what the issues are. I wish them all the best - hope everything works out.
You will find all is good at the BFNC the meeting is only a formality in line with the Clubs Constitution.

Still waiting for a result regarding the after siren debacle at the 2012 Grand-final Sunbury V Romsey Pathetic behavior displayed by certain individuals, - who was the RDFL Investigator? Inspector CLOUSEAU .

(I love sensationalism too:))

Just watched the replay (final 10mins) of last seasons Grandfinal & as an outsider ,someone who has nothing to do with the RDFL , I cannot see what all the fuss was about.
IMO Romsey where totally out played in the last 10mins. Beaten in the centre , out marked around the ground & were really under the pump down back. They couldn't get there hands on the ball , that's the problem I saw. Free kicks paid looked to be there , ,maybe 1 was iffy but ump was close to the action & none of the Romsey boys looked to upset with the decisions made.
I just think Sunbury got a sniff , had all the possession & with a bit of luck , made the most of their opportunities.
Surely not too much will come out of the investigation.
Again I say , I was not associated with the RDFL , so couldn't care less who won. But was interested to see what all the talk was about. Great final 20secs tho , every players dream to have that Meechem moment.

Just watched the replay (final 10mins) of last seasons Grandfinal & as an outsider ,someone who has nothing to do with the RDFL , I cannot see what all the fuss was about.
IMO Romsey where totally out played in the last 10mins. Beaten in the centre , out marked around the ground & were really under the pump down back. They couldn't get there hands on the ball , that's the problem I saw. Free kicks paid looked to be there , ,maybe 1 was iffy but ump was close to the action & none of the Romsey boys looked to upset with the decisions made.
I just think Sunbury got a sniff , had all the possession & with a bit of luck , made the most of their opportunities.
Surely not too much will come out of the investigation.
Again I say , I was not associated with the RDFL , so couldn't care less who won. But was interested to see what all the talk was about. Great final 20secs tho , every players dream to have that Meechem moment.
I'm pretty sure the investigation is in regards to crowd behavior after the siren, not free kicks. Where can we view this footage anyway, YouTube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back