RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez you Mounts blokes keep an eye and ear to the ground. Must admit I'd heard that around the traps a week or so ago but wasn't sure if he'd even playing footy since he left ya's at Toolleen 3-4 years ago???

You're not wrong about one thing though, Adam in a goalsquare was an intimidating sight.

I just know lots of blokes who know lots of stuff old mate ;)

Hearing stories John Baker has left Lancefield and gone back to Sunbury. Can anybody confirm?

How many weeks till round 1???

That's how many times we will hear this has happened again.

Hearing stories John Baker has left Lancefield and gone back to Sunbury. Can anybody confirm?

Boys in the gym at Kilmore were saying Wallan were having a go, a good mate is coaching Stanhope and they had a chat to him but thought he may have been heading to Bacchus Marsh. Rumour mill will continue to go off its **** until clearances/transfers start rolling 'round.

Boys in the gym at Kilmore were saying Wallan were having a go, a good mate is coaching Stanhope and they had a chat to him but thought he may have been heading to Bacchus Marsh. Rumour mill will continue to go off its **** until clearances/transfers start rolling 'round.
You've gotta love the silly season, let the rumours flow thick and fast.

Can confirm that John Baker will not be playing for the kangaroos. Yes we did sign him again back in October but he changed his mind a few weeks later and asked if we could tear up the contract which I did. No hard feelings toward John and I honestly have no idea where he has gone too now.

Back on footy, how is everyone shaping up? At Sunbury we will be having a huge focus on developing our kids whilst still keeping 80% of our premiership side.

It looks like no one wants to answer my question from last week why the Wallan coach stepped down. on another topic I was up at broadford saturday for what I must say was a great australia day celebration and the footy club had a team in the tug of war. only one was a big bloke who looked too old to play but they couldve missed a big chance to promote themselves with barry present. They would've won the lot with him in the team not to mention really sold themselves to about 1000 people who were supporting the event.

It looks like no one wants to answer my question from last week why the Wallan coach stepped down. on another topic I was up at broadford saturday for what I must say was a great australia day celebration and the footy club had a team in the tug of war. only one was a big bloke who looked too old to play but they couldve missed a big chance to promote themselves with barry present. They would've won the lot with him in the team not to mention really sold themselves to about 1000 people who were supporting the event.

It's probably best left to Wallan to work through Cal.

Must admit when I drove thru Broadford on the way to cricket I was amazed at the amount of people in the old town for Australia Day. Who won the tug o war? I think the pubs have swapped the title a bit of late.

Bit unfair on Baz also mate, long weekend and the guy has given the club more expsoure than they've ever had since it was announced he will play a handful of games - a tug o war probly isn't high on the agenda, perhaps if he lived in town it mighta been different.

Take it easy about the Big Bloke, who is to old to play. I think you'll find he played a couple of games during the 2012 season due to lack on numbers, (much to his wife's disgust) and kicked a couple of goals. You are right though it was an opportunity missed by the club. I think you'll find that there gear has not arrived yet. On the 23rd of February, there is a street festival, and you'll find a better representation by the club. Doona2 fair comment re: Bazza. The CFA won the tug of war. There was one end that was gave more grip than the other, ends decided by the toss of a coin. The BFNC boys were unlucky. Great day though.

** I think you'll find that there gear has not arrived yet.
** Doona2 fair comment re: Bazza.
** The CFA won the tug of war.

** I so hope you're refferring to polo's/trackies etc ;)

** You blokes will be the enemy twice this year, I always play fair and appreciate the promotion it's given both your club and the RDFL. Lets just hope the few times when Baz plays the dickhead supporters dont stuff it up like with Jamesy.

** CFA have been winning a few battles of late, god love them :thumbsu:

Can confirm that John Baker will not be playing for the kangaroos. Yes we did sign him again back in October but he changed his mind a few weeks later and asked if we could tear up the contract which I did. No hard feelings toward John and I honestly have no idea where he has gone too now.

Back on footy, how is everyone shaping up? At Sunbury we will be having a huge focus on developing our kids whilst still keeping 80% of our premiership side.
Who are the 20% that have left? Have they retired or moved to other clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the 20% that have left? Have they retired or moved to other clubs?
Currently we have re-signed all premiership players except for Luke walker (retired) and myself Chris Meacham (retired) Leigh Fishendon is planning on doing some traveling mid year so he has signed with us to be loyal and stop the rumor mill going on about him but I am honestly not sure how many if at all any games we will get out of the big fish.

3 or 4 new recruits signed with a couple of them from our 18s who were part of calders list. Looking for a lot of improvement from our younger brigade to cover the few losses we have had also we have 5 or 6 ready made players in waiting just looking for an opportunity to break in our 1s side. Should be another exciting year for the club.

Last time I posted I got Doona in trouble so wont be doing that again. Guy at work said to the big fella Rob Wittmer is playing at Broadford, why wouldn't he play at Kilmore and help the boys teach the youngsters?

Last time I posted I got Doona in trouble so wont be doing that again. Guy at work said to the big fella Rob Wittmer is playing at Broadford, why wouldn't he play at Kilmore and help the boys teach the youngsters?

this is almost the single most ridiculous thing ive ever read on bigfooty :p but wittmer has not played anywhere for about 8 seasons and hes the great white hope. hes old washed up injury prone and definitely not interested in football anymore.

on a side note if he did play where would broadford hide all these distinct dinosaurs?

First proper night back tonight for most, hope it all went well fella's. Heard a worrying thing tonight. It seems someone's throwing it 'round that Kilmore isn't fielding a 3rds team in 2013. 2-3 of our youngsters have told our 3rds coach this when quizzed about why we hadn't seen or heard from them.

Dunno where its come from, and I know these boards are used for nonsense at times, but I can assure you we have a 3rds coach (and assistant) in attendance every night. Save the negative or fun banter to the grown ups and just let the kids play, surely that's what its all about at age 16-18???

this is almost the single most ridiculous thing ive ever read on bigfooty :p but wittmer has not played anywhere for about 8 seasons and hes the great white hope. hes old washed up injury prone and definitely not interested in football anymore.

on a side note if he did play where would broadford hide all these distinct dinosaurs?
Remember what happened in Jurassic Park? The Dinosaurs ran amok.

Ha ha yeh Kenny is also talking flags and going to watch January training runs, and believes that drugs aren't a problem at Collingwood. He was quick to shut up when I said "thought we were mates, ya never come to training once when I coached."

Remember what happened in Jurassic Park? The Dinosaurs ran amok.

i also am old enough to know jurassic park was fictional, to be successful in the rdfl you need a couple of older heads mixed with guys in there early-mid twenties not guys that should have hardly played footy in years

The Darley Football Club affiliated with the Ballarat Football League are looking for a practice match on Saturday 6th of April.DarleyPark will be available.

All enquiries to Football Manager Craig Baker – 0419 502 640

Picture of the Romsey ruck recruit in the free press on friday. Says he is 6'5' and looks bloody fit when do clearances open I guess that is when we will start to see if all the rumours are true or false as to who playng where.

Must say i thought wow when I saw the photo of the Romsey recruit, impreessive alright. clearances are already open and i see five in from kilmore to craigieburn already. One thats a surprise is the boy who won the 3rds medal Marret whats the story there. if I knew how to put the website up for you trotyboya I would maybe someone else can

Must say i thought wow when I saw the photo of the Romsey recruit, impreessive alright. clearances are already open and i see five in from kilmore to craigieburn already. One thats a surprise is the boy who won the 3rds medal Marret whats the story there. if I knew how to put the website up for you trotyboya I would maybe someone else can

isnt his old man president of kilmore, bit of a surprise if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back