RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in relation to quite a few phone calls ive received over the past few days in relationship to John Baker. He is not a required player at Bacchus Marsh this season. We did have a contract b4 christmas and a large upfront fee was paid. His contract has since been terminated by the club for zero attendance. For the clubs that have contacted me in relation to John, all i can say is that he is a good player and we wish him well wherever he choses to play but he wont be playing until the money is refunded. hope this clears up any of the questions for the interested parties. cheers
What happens if he elects to stay at Lancefield? If he hasn't been cleared I wouldn't think he could be stopped playing for them and Bacchus Marsh would have to chase up their money as a civil debt. Does anybody know what he's doing now?

What happens if he elects to stay at Lancefield? If he hasn't been cleared I wouldn't think he could be stopped playing for them and Bacchus Marsh would have to chase up their money as a civil debt. Does anybody know what he's doing now?

Is that a loaded question blueboy67?

Look I don't personally have any issue with John, infact I was just responding to the numerous enquiries and insults that people have been throwing my way about him and how people can tolerate a guy who constantly takes money from clubs knowing full well he is not going to play for them. I've had people asking me personally what I'm going to do about him shitting in my face yet again. My response is simple, I had no involvement in his agreement with Bacchus marsh, I didn't negotiate any of the money and I don't hold any grudges!

But in answer to your question I think you'll find that the rdfl and the lance field football club will do exactly what they did the last time he did this and protect the club involved. I hope he plays for broadford and has a great year but I think you'll find that the clubs and the comp are bigger than any individual.

Is that a loaded question blueboy67?

Look I don't personally have any issue with John, infact I was just responding to the numerous enquiries and insults that people have been throwing my way about him and how people can tolerate a guy who constantly takes money from clubs knowing full well he is not going to play for them. I've had people asking me personally what I'm going to do about him shitting in my face yet again. My response is simple, I had no involvement in his agreement with Bacchus marsh, I didn't negotiate any of the money and I don't hold any grudges!

But in answer to your question I think you'll find that the rdfl and the lance field football club will do exactly what they did the last time he did this and protect the club involved. I hope he plays for broadford and has a great year but I think you'll find that the clubs and the comp are bigger than any individual.
Is he playing for Broadford now? They will have a powerful forward line if that's the case. I heard Nathan Thompson was even spotted there recently.

Had a look at Kilmore vs Longwood last night who played a 3 qtr match, Desmond, young bloke Shelton or Sheldon i think and Swindells all looked good for Kilmore. Couldn't get over the size of Kilmores ruckman, must be near 7ft !!!

Heard the Broadford vs Heathcote rivalry is still alive and kicking even though they are in separate leagues nowadays, with the weekends practice game called off due to an all in brawl involving players and spectators, any truth to this ??

few knobjocks got blind gave a bit of lip on satday obviously got a squirt off someone and sat there sunday with their tails between their legs

There was more than 'bit of lip' involved. So much that Diggers Rest CC lost the right to host the Grand Final.

Had a look at Kilmore vs Longwood last night who played a 3 qtr match, Desmond, young bloke Shelton or Sheldon i think and Swindells all looked good for Kilmore. Couldn't get over the size of Kilmores ruckman, must be near 7ft !!!

Heard the Broadford vs Heathcote rivalry is still alive and kicking even though they are in separate leagues nowadays, with the weekends practice game called off due to an all in brawl involving players and spectators, any truth to this ??

The agreement was 6 full quarters and 6 full quarters were played. Hardly call it a brawl at the Broadford v Heathcote match, more of a show of strength, looking after your mates, as most side do week to week.

John Baker at Broadford? Haven't seen him at training.

The rumour mill runs amuck.

Are there any other sides in the RDFL to talk about? Any one logging on for the first time would think it was a 4 side league.

Good to see Matt Power announced as interleague coach this year. Looking forward to seeing how our boys go in Vic Country vs Kyabram District League.

If the better players in the comp actually put their hand up they'll easily get over the KDFL lads, and in no time will fly thru the rankings :thumbsu:

Are there any other sides in the RDFL to talk about? Any one logging on for the first time would think it was a 4 side league.

Forgot to tell ya mate, the stronger clubs have their own private chat board, its just that the lesser likes cant afford the subscription ;)

Hey Joeyboy, any scores from the Kilmore v Longwood praccy match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys!
The 100.7 Highlands FM team is locked, loaded and roaring to go ahead of a massive season.. we really can't wait to get back out there.. we're all getting pretty itchy feet .. we want to do more to have the game as interactive for you guys as possible so if there is anything else you'd like to see, I'd love to hear it.. as usual, we'll be broadcasting on the 88.1FM frequency at pretty much all venues.. loving the great support over the pre-season! :)

Forgot to tell ya mate, the stronger clubs have their own private chat board, its just that the lesser likes cant afford the subscription ;)
Gday boys, what would you like to know about the Sunbury Kangas? Not a heap to share at this stage.

C Grade Grand Final - Diggers Rest vs Ashfield, venue still to be advised.

the smart cookies at the gdca have decided to play the diggers vs ashfield grand final over at mason lane bacchus marsh! great logic shown by the gdca informing the clubs less than 24 hrs before the start of the game that you both have to travel 40 mins to play a gf when there is at least 4 grounds in the sunbury area available!

Gday boys, what would you like to know about the Sunbury Kangas? Not a heap to share at this stage.

Dont stress mate, just having a bit of fun with our new Broady scribe. You aint been tempted to dust off the boots?

Must say Ive had a few messages asking where Bford v Craigieburn is taking place, seems a lot of people are curious (maybe concerned) about them.

the smart cookies at the gdca have decided to play the diggers vs ashfield grand final over at mason lane bacchus marsh! great logic shown by the gdca informing the clubs less than 24 hrs before the start of the game that you both have to travel 40 mins to play a gf when there is at least 4 grounds in the sunbury area available!

Obvioulsy they offered the most at the tender stage for finals matches :D

Dont stress mate, just having a bit of fun with our new Broady scribe. You aint been tempted to dust off the boots?

Must say Ive had a few messages asking where Bford v Craigieburn is taking place, seems a lot of people are curious (maybe concerned) about them.
G'day mate, no stress at all just an avid reader of Bigfooty and I thought I would ask.
Funny you ask about dusting the boots off, I was always going to have a kick but it was going to be in the 2s as my younger brother is coaching them, but after going down and watching the Sunbury lions intra-club tonight it has giving me massive itchy feet to play again. I found myself convincing Cuffe snr to go around again and thinkin to myself maybe I have made the wrong decision. Might play a few praccys and see how go.

Comings and goings from the premiership side?
G'day mate, we have only defiantly lost Luke Walker and to be honest not 100% sure on Fish, very good mates with fish and at this sage he wants to do a bit of traveling. Ins are Darragh McGovern (former Kangas and lions), Jake Young (Calder), Jake Bray (Romsey), Cam Watson, Ryan Pretty (Calder) so I am pretty confident we will be a top 4 side again. We also have a young bloke in Dane Pollard who is doing great things down coburg on their list so hopefully for him he continues that with the potential to qualify with us.

G'day mate, we have only defiantly lost Luke Walker and to be honest not 100% sure on Fish, very good mates with fish and at this sage he wants to do a bit of traveling. Ins are Darragh McGovern (former Kangas and lions), Jake Young (Calder), Jake Bray (Romsey), Cam Watson, Ryan Pretty (Calder) so I am pretty confident we will be a top 4 side again. We also have a young bloke in Dane Pollard who is doing great things down coburg on their list so hopefully for him he continues that with the potential to qualify with us.

Definite top 4 there, McGovern and all those yougn blokes will only strengthen the situation. Has Fish jetted off yet, said to me in Feb he was keen to travel a bit and then see what happens when he got back?

G'day mate, no stress at all just an avid reader of Bigfooty and I thought I would ask.
Funny you ask about dusting the boots off, I was always going to have a kick but it was going to be in the 2s as my younger brother is coaching them, but after going down and watching the Sunbury lions intra-club tonight it has giving me massive itchy feet to play again. I found myself convincing Cuffe snr to go around again and thinkin to myself maybe I have made the wrong decision. Might play a few praccys and see how go.

Play as long as you can I say, one thing I regret is not actually playing enough football before the middle aged spread got hold of me :)

The so called smart cookies are right to make Diggers travel that far, was a stupid idea to have a drinkfest at a cricket final, although its not really the cricket clubs fault that a few half pint screamers cant hold their piss. its just a shame Ashfield have to be kind of penalized also. Game should have been played at boardman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back