RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunbury Kangaroos ventured down to Whittlsea and walked away with a 10 goal loss, some very handy players sat out the match (7 from premiership side) not taking nothing away from Whittlesea apparently they have recruited really well during the pre season and they really looked like an awesome outfit, moved the ball very well and have 2 gun full forwards. Good to see the big Fish back and playing and looked like he really enjoyed the hit out. Very impressed by a few new recruits and a couple of young boys coming up from our 2s and 18s.

Wasn't sure if it had been mentioned by anyone yet but Broadford has its annual Swap Meet this weekend at Harley Hammond Reserve. The club has been running this for a long time now, and the weather forecast means it should be another good day this year

BFNC Swap Meet is on Monday Cal, or should we say Magic Man. Watching Talladega Nights on the weekend and the penny dropped re: your nickname ha ha. No more shake and bake its Magic Man ..... and El Diablo :thumbsu:

All in the EDFL I think mate.. I know that Keilor plays Strathmore on Good Friday :)

Heading to town Good Friday, wonder if me and the brother in laws could sneak off for a half :)

Now cricket is finished the focus turns to footy with the task of going Back to Back. The leagues getting stronger with most teams improving , but the Roo boys r all hungry and look determine to unfurl the flag and start the season strong. Great to see Fish running around will be even better watching meach don the boots Round 1 and kick a bag. Alot of hype on here about about broadford, hope its not false hope. Great to hear Leigh Sporle get the rockbank gig im sure he will get the guys up n about. Interested in seeing how Rupo go 1st season back in Rdfl im sure playing.them hard will be a tatic. Those kids will be able to run ive noticed they have recruited Sinnet n Baines to do alot of Grunt work. Also noticed alot leaving.Romsey but they have recruited Riak Riak i played a few seasons against a young Riak it will be interesting to see if hes improved. All in all 3 weekends till Round 1, bring it on

Now cricket is finished the focus turns to footy with the task of going Back to Back. The leagues getting stronger with most teams improving , but the Roo boys r all hungry and look determine to unfurl the flag and start the season strong. Great to see Fish running around will be even better watching meach don the boots Round 1 and kick a bag. Alot of hype on here about about broadford, hope its not false hope. Great to hear Leigh Sporle get the rockbank gig im sure he will get the guys up n about. Interested in seeing how Rupo go 1st season back in Rdfl im sure playing.them hard will be a tatic. Those kids will be able to run ive noticed they have recruited Sinnet n Baines to do alot of Grunt work. Also noticed alot leaving.Romsey but they have recruited Riak Riak i played a few seasons against a young Riak it will be interesting to see if hes improved. All in all 3 weekends till Round 1, bring it on
Gonna be a massive round one with all those rivalries.

Ridiculous post. Can't be bothered to explain why but in a few words we need umpires to play the game and for supporters to watch games, a shortage of them because of negativity is far from helping them take it up in their droves. Good/bad, just play and if your team is good enough, you'll win 90% of your matches... Always exceptions but get over it.

Couldn't agree more mate.. if the costs were dropped, I'd love to see how many umpires would take on the gig.. probably next to none.. if a few extra dollars lures a few more umpires into taking on the position, happy days.. you can't honestly say that no club has offered a key player a few extra dollars to join their club.. the caliber of your Silvester's, Farmer's, Tuckey's etc weren't persuaded to join their respective clubs for a few extra incentives that as a result, brings about more club success on the field, a few more people through the gates etc.. but lets face it.. the league lacks umpires as we speak, so guys like Omni and any others should get their backside trackside into the fluros and whistle and give it a crack, now.. I personally hung up the boots this year to put more prep into the radio .. but I got the call, asked that I was needed and I said because numbers were poor and I said yes.. I'm all in favour of doing anything that it takes to ensure that every umpire on Saturday should only need to umpire one game of footy..

Few too many cans last night?? :D

Neon don't drink cans mate he is as honest a judge as I know so if he says they have arrived then look out I say. I hope this rain pisses off pretty quickly coz as past experiences have shown a heavy track on Swap Meet day would make it bloody tough to get a ground up in 5-6 days.

Fingers crossed today's it as far as rain is concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neon don't drink cans mate he is as honest a judge as I know so if he says they have arrived then look out I say. I hope this rain pisses off pretty quickly coz as past experiences have shown a heavy track on Swap Meet day would make it bloody tough to get a ground up in 5-6 days.

Fingers crossed today's it as far as rain is concerned.

I hope for the league's sake that's true mate.. Personally I hope there are 13 clubs that have "arrived" :thumbsu:

Just that there might be a bit of bad blood between kangas and marsh. I incorrectly assumed that it must have spilled over from a praccy match. Obviously it stemed from something else. Not sure what though.

I'm not aware of any bad blood between the Kangas and the Marsh, but pretty sure it was the Redbacks who played the Marsh anyways..

I hope for the league's sake that's true mate :

Warning to all the rdfl. BROADFORD HAS ARRIVED!!!!

That is all!

Bit slow out of the blocks so didn't get up to the Swap Meet but sounds like it was nearly the biggest yet. This makes neon Leon's comment even more ominous as it means there could be a recruit or two yet to land in Broadford with more coin in the kitty

4 or 5 days until our first games for the year. cant wait to see Wallan on saturday not a lot been said around town but some clearances in is a good sign. Went an had a look at broadford swap meet not a lot there for me but the crowd was big and they do it well. couple of people I spoke to said they expect anywhere from 4000 to 5000 people for this sundays home game against Lancefield good Barry hall covrage in tosays local paper will help. Who looks likely to get the job on big barry.

The best Blackman in the Ovens and Murray in Yarrawongas Matt Shannon and Drew Barnes were lucky told him to 3 goals the first time and 4 goals the second time. Good luck to the whoever gets the job! The big names are sure worth the draw card

Who looks likely to get the job on big barry.

Good luck to the whoever gets the job! The big names are sure worth the draw card

Would Phil Conway get first crack, or could a player like Ben Richmond go back for the day? Imagine if it became a Hall and Baker shoot out now that would be entertaining. I remember a few years ago John Baker kicked a bag in both the reserves and then seniors at Broadford, the small ground should see both key forwards get plenty of opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back