RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Phil Conway get first crack, or could a player like Ben Richmond go back for the day? Imagine if it became a Hall and Baker shoot out now that would be entertaining. I remember a few years ago John Baker kicked a bag in both the reserves and then seniors at Broadford, the small ground should see both key forwards get plenty of opportunity.

Not trying to be a smart arse but has this Baker bloke decided where he is actually playing this season? It I seems to be a saga each pre season

PRACTICE MATCH WANTED
The Woodend/Hesket Football Netball Club is looking for a club to play a practice match against this Saturday at the Gilbert Gordon Oval. If there is any club with an Under 18s, Reserves and Seniors that are looking for a last minute hit out before the season starts, please contact Woodend/Hesket senior football coach Glenn Hopkins on 0413 454 121.
The club was scheduled to play Newstead who currently cannot field sufficient numbers on the day.

Scrolling thru the clearances and I see a Glen Caton from Peel FL to Diggers is it the same G.Caton previously of Lancefield?

Good plug for this weekends season openers on The Bush and the Burbs just now.

Finally!!! Footy is back, and what a way to kick it off this weekend with two stand alone games for fans of the RDFNL... :thumbsu:

Wallan Vs Melton Centrals
Two sides that were part of the race for 6th last season looking to kick off 2013 in style.
The Magpies have had a turbulent off season, after appointing Ben Chapman to coach the side, they unfortunately had to find a replacement in the early stages of preparing for the season ahead, add to that some really important losses to the line up, with Dave Cornish, Shannon Galea and Glen Poorter all moving on and Matt Robertson unlikely to play a role during the season. On the up side, the Magpies have plenty of up and coming young talent for new coach Trevor Frost to utilize and grow, which gives the club real hope for the future. Rhys Frost and Josh Barber were dominant in the Under 18's finals, whilst Ben Schraven played a full season in the seniors last year and led the RDFL Under 18 Interleague side.
Centrals enter another season full of hope and ready to take another step forward in 2013. Off field, the change over the past 2 seasons has been excellent and the club is positioning themselves to become a real contender in the league. They are well coached by Brian Wheelahan and have picked up a few handy types over the off season, despite losing Jono O'Brien, which will certainly hit hard.
This should be an interesting way to kick off the season, but one thing is certain, and that is that these two sides will be eager to get the year off to the right start.
Melton Centrals by 30 points.

Broadford Vs Lancefield
There is no doubt that this game has been a talking point for the competition over the past few weeks. The debut/return of Big Bad Bazza to Broadford has definitely been something that the Roos have hoped for since his retirement from the AFL. Broadford have benefited from Barry's return, apart from the obvious, in the ability to lure back some stars from the past to help the Roos tilt at finals football, something that they haven't acheived since the departure of Chris Nolan. It's disappointing that in this time of growth for the club, they have lost their two most important players over the last 3 years in Grant Wearne and Marcus Webb. Its important for the Roos that they are able to win the games that Barry does make himself available for to ensure they are in the picture for finals football.
The Tigers have again recruited quietly for the season ahead. The retun of David House is a coup for the club and Scott Woolcock gives some added height. Phil Conway will likely get the task of playing on Hall, but he has done the job for the Tigers so many times before, but it will be the importance of players being able to push back and help out that will make the difference for the Tigers. But this is going to be a big ask.
The Tigers will push the Roos early with run and carry, but the Roos might just have too much experience by games end.
Broadford by 28 points.

Good luck to all playing this week. :thumbsu:

Listened to an interview this morning on SEN and barry said he hoped it isnt going to be a one off but wasn't sure how many games he can actual play. he then said he was boarding a plane Sunday morning to get back to play which is a fair commitment. i know someone threw up 4000/5000 as a figure last week at the swapmeet but realisticaly what would be a good crowd for the bug game?

Listened to an interview this morning on SEN and barry said he hoped it isnt going to be a one off but wasn't sure how many games he can actual play. he then said he was boarding a plane Sunday morning to get back to play which is a fair commitment. i know someone threw up 4000/5000 as a figure last week at the swapmeet but realisticaly what would be a good crowd for the bug game?

I would have thought anywhere between 1500-2000 would be an excellent result for Broadford and net them a fair little profit too.

Scrolling thru the clearances and I see a Glen Caton from Peel FL to Diggers is it the same G.Caton previously of Lancefield?

Good plug for this weekends season openers on The Bush and the Burbs just now.
Sure is would say he has gone to diggers to play with his cousin Brett

Went with the neighbour for a drive to watch my mates son play against kilmore tonight not sure how strong the teams were but it wasn't a bad game.everyone knows kilmore has turned the list over a bit but even tonight there were some good signs. Two big targets up forward a big ruck man who wins most hitouts and a lot of keen youngblokds. maybe doona2 can tell us his thoughts but I thought 60, 38,55,42 playd pretty good the big guy full forward kicked a few and the strong guy 21 looks a good pickup to. for Kinglake 2,3,10 I thought played wel

Baz musta been doing the rounds on air coz I heard him on RSN with Chrisso and Mick McGuane this morning, maybe all stations must ask similar questions. I'm with IMS if they get 1000-1200 to pay the $8, double that for kids, members, league passes and if everyone spent $5 you're at around $20k before the piss drinkers get going .... and at Bford trust me they get going. With top weather forecast, Sunday will set them up for 2013

Went with the neighbour for a drive to watch my mates son play against kilmore tonight not sure how strong the teams were but it wasn't a bad game.everyone knows kilmore has turned the list over a bit but even tonight there were some good signs. Two big targets up forward a big ruck man who wins most hitouts and a lot of keen youngblokds. maybe doona2 can tell us his thoughts but I thought 60, 38,55,42 playd pretty good the big guy full forward kicked a few and the strong guy 21 looks a good pickup to. for Kinglake 2,3,10 I thought played wel

More an opportunity for anyone who missed a game or yet to play one cal. Pleased to get in, then out relatively unscathed but after ending up in front on the scoreboard 13.10 to 10.5 I'm worried I've wasted Omni's two wins prior to Rd.1

In reference to numbers 38 was Luke Crowley, 42 Dion Bathman, 21 Josh Alam all 3 are from our 18's team of 2012. Not sure who wore 60 or 55 Chris Laffan wore it last year but is battling an injury what part if ground did these chaps play?

On the other side of the coin Kinglake had 39 roll up which after their plea last week to get players we were glad to be able to help. I hope they all get along now and keep that club going as I know there has been some anxious moments of late. Matt Thomas I think wears 2, eggy 3 (forgot his name) and Josh Nixon wore 10

In reference to numbers 38 was Luke Crowley, 42 Dion Bathman, 21 Josh Alam all 3 are from our 18's team of 2012. Not sure who wore 60 or 55 Chris Laffan wore it last year but is battling an injury what part if ground did these chaps play?

No need to worry both seemed new players thats all 55 had the most touches for the night and number 60 played forward and addressed the group at the last break. thought wallans youngsters tried hard yesterday but Nelton look pretty strong again. New players 5 & 44 will be handy recruits. Anyway it's Barry day who is going to broadford and Lancefield ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big crowd but nothing special thought their would have been more but take nothing away from broaford who put on a great day. Well organised and well run and to cap it off Barry put on a awesome display. Did anyone else think that without barry thengs could have been a lot different. I thoughts Collins was very good, and Dunn good to especially in the third quarter

Big crowd but nothing special thought their would have been more but take nothing away from broaford who put on a great day. Well organised and well run and to cap it off Barry put on a awesome display. Did anyone else think that without barry thengs could have been a lot different. I thoughts Collins was very good, and Dunn good to especially in the third quarter

So what was the score and how many did Barry get?

A well run day by Broadford, when I got there at 3 quarter time in the reserves game, there would have been about 700-800 people there already.
So what was the score and how many did Barry get?
Broadford won by 41 points, 62 to 103, with Bazza kicking at least 10. the crowd really built up through that final quarter of the reserves match, which they won by a fair bit. The first half was scrappy, scores were level but in the second half, Broadford opened the match right up. It was a great day and definitely worth the drive up there.

Getting away from topic of "Barry Day" as someone called it this morning, is anyone having dramas being able to post on here? For some reason my pc at home drops out whenever I try to post, or have tried to post since Friday. I know most of you are thinking pissa but if anyone has an idea toss it up as I'm doing this one via mobile phone and it sucks arse!!

Getting away from topic of "Barry Day" as someone called it this morning, is anyone having dramas being able to post on here? For some reason my pc at home drops out whenever I try to post, or have tried to post since Friday. I know most of you are thinking pissa but if anyone has an idea toss it up as I'm doing this one via mobile phone and it sucks arse!!
testing testing - yep works for me...

Havin a similar issue with my work computer old mate but not keen on ringin the IT guru and asking him about it :D

No probs from my iPad tho

You could ask Chief about it.

Havin a similar issue with my work computer old mate but not keen on ringin the IT guru and asking him about it :D

No probs from my iPad tho

Was suggested to try a new browser, I'm buggered if I know what that means ha ha!!! I will figure it out, problem is Im not that technology savvy, only just got an I-phone 4 weeks ago. Club gave me an I pad and I'm petrified of breaking it ha ha.

On another matter 6 goals on debut with the new club old mate ..... Good Onya :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Was suggested to try a new browser, I'm buggered if I know what that means ha ha!!! I will figure it out, problem is Im not that technology savvy, only just got an I-phone 4 weeks ago. Club gave me an I pad and I'm petrified of breaking it ha ha.

On another matter 6 goals on debut with the new club old mate ..... Good Onya :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Been trying to tell everyone for 15 years that I am a forward :D

Barry kicked 10 Broadford will struggle without him. Hope for their sake he plays most games.

All the home games was what I heard yesterday which is different to what barry suggested on radio last friday. maybe dunn could be the option when he doesnt play or the big guy kelly. I wouldnt be too concerned about it though because yesterday was all about barry im sure between all the people hanging around that Broaford box they will have a plan B as the guys I know in Wallan say langborne is a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back