RDFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doona2 said:
Read back a few pages - Tigers landed a coach. Formerly from Melton now resides in Heathcote I'm lead to believe (from a Lancefield source I work with)

Doona that was only a rumour could you try to find out if it is confirmed and a name for me, history, bringing players etc.

rioli brownlow said:
maybe, but i was once coached by him and he was full of s@it
Which he may have been to you... From what I have seen and heard IMO he was one of the better coaches I have seen in the RDFL...

roge_3 said:
Which he may have been to you... From what I have seen and heard IMO he was one of the better coaches I have seen in the RDFL...

Na, overrated as a coach. Is a good onfield leader but poor in strategy, communication etc

roge_3 said:
Never heard of him Woody... See wat you can find out and let us know about him....

Bruce Gonsalves, new coach of Woodend is a reservoir boy. Tough as nails, played a dozen or so games for collingwood in the 70's. Kicked 5 on Kelvin Moore one day, was only 18 at the time! Could have played 200 games but just too lazy and thought it would happen for him. Spent a few years here and there. Signed for two clubs in the SANFL in one weekend but didn't end up playing for either. Collingwood demanded 50K for his transfer! Is apparently very keen about the job, guaranteed the board he'd be around for three years minimum. Has ruffled nev massina's feathers, chasing old woodend players back from Kyneton. The committee apparently has long term goals about woodend going to the Bendigo FL and has plenty of mates in high places from his playing days. Early signs have indicated a big year for the hawks in 2006.

Still a strong word that Kilmore have made Laurence Angwin a healthy offer to join the Blues. Could this be to cover the possible loss of Robbo who's name continually bobs up next to Avenels?

It seems a bit quiet in here, surely there's plenty more going on out there? This is turning into the Laurence Angwin forum.

spoke4923 said:
Bruce Gonsalves, new coach of Woodend is a reservoir boy. Tough as nails, played a dozen or so games for collingwood in the 70's. Kicked 5 on Kelvin Moore one day, was only 18 at the time! Could have played 200 games but just too lazy and thought it would happen for him. Spent a few years here and there. Signed for two clubs in the SANFL in one weekend but didn't end up playing for either. Collingwood demanded 50K for his transfer! Is apparently very keen about the job, guaranteed the board he'd be around for three years minimum. Has ruffled nev massina's feathers, chasing old woodend players back from Kyneton. The committee apparently has long term goals about woodend going to the Bendigo FL and has plenty of mates in high places from his playing days. Early signs have indicated a big year for the hawks in 2006.

big hopes lie with big dollars for gonz woodend should be careful and be saving a bomb if their future plans are for bendigo as it is apparently around the 35k mark to play in that comp

blues12 said:
big hopes lie with big dollars for gonz woodend should be careful and be saving a bomb if their future plans are for bendigo as it is apparently around the 35k mark to play in that comp

When a small group from woodend spoke to the BFL on behalf of the W.F.C last year, it was all very positive and signs were good. Not sure how much has changed now that NBJFC has joined the BFL. It's a medium to long term goal (3-5 years). Gonsalves is apparently very good at raising capital. Ran a sportsmans night that earned around 15K when coaching up north. Not a bad effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spoke4923 said:
When a small group from woodend spoke to the BFL on behalf of the W.F.C last year, it was all very positive and signs were good. Not sure how much has changed now that NBJFC has joined the BFL. It's a medium to long term goal (3-5 years). Gonsalves is apparently very good at raising capital. Ran a sportsmans night that earned around 15K when coaching up north. Not a bad effort

dont forget up north they were paying players so there was money around the club obviously sponsors, members and paid players. woodend doesnt usually pay big dollars and have alot of kids that will not have alot of money,but i guess one team towns always seem to get the behind their clubs and good luck to him if he can do it they had their worst season in years so they will all be keen to get back on track.

spoke4923 said:
The committee apparently has long term goals about woodend going to the Bendigo FL
Bendigo FL?,woodend would last 1 or 2 seasons and quickly return to the RDFL.They dont fit in a major league,for one thing they're ground wouldnt come to Bendigo FL standards.

Bombers 2003 said:
Bendigo FL?,woodend would last 1 or 2 seasons and quickly return to the RDFL.They dont fit in a major league,for one thing they're ground wouldnt come to Bendigo FL standards.

Im pretty sure many said exactly the same thing when Gisborne joined the Bendigo league. Their ground was very nearly as bad as Woodends before the council spent 50k improving drainage etc. Lets not forget that same ground is widely recognised as one of the best surfaces / facilities in the Gis District Cricket Assoc.
Big question is though, where do they find the 100k plus to compete in the BFL. Gis and Kyneton would pay b/w 40-60k on players alone let alone all the other costs of running a club. I think it might be too much to have 3 small towns all relatively close sucking that kind of money out of community.

highly unlikely you will see robbo running around up at avenal, supposably they have made an offer, if he plays for any club in victoria it would most likely be at kilmore for 1 last season

peter robertson- riddell- u18's is an awesome player and he should be playing at the cannons

cobba said:
peter robertson- riddell- u18's is an awesome player and he should be playing at the cannons

i believe that about 5 riddell players are on the calder list for 2006 it's up to them if they play, training has started

any news on clubs that have had meet the coaches or are training, how did woodend, diggers or macedon go last wednesday with their first run any new faces what is the feeling towards the new coaches

future29 said:
ANy word on sum yung players to make starts in the rdfl first this yr for there teams

where do we start. the competition is so very young.any side with 18's can only hope they all want to step up to play seniors. riddel have over 1/2 dozen u18s they could all play seniors

blues12 said:
where do we start. the competition is so very young.any side with 18's can only hope they all want to step up to play seniors. riddel have over 1/2 dozen u18s they could all play seniors

dale cuinik is to return to Woodend this year, is a bit of a gun inside midfielder who had a couple of years in the kyneton seniors to develop his game. Will be a great asset for the club.

good to see woodend recruiting for next year.
Does anybody know what is going on at romsey has morgan signed with west adelaide yet i believe he has till xmas. did meldrum have any success with changing his post up woop woop if not bye bye.
if these blokes both leaves carrol has said he is gone if it doesn't look good for next year.

Can romsey still make finals with these blokes gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back