RDFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Romsey will struggle next year, few blokes leaving, not a lot of word on blokes coming. Expect big improvements from woodend and riddell to be strong again. Anyone game enough to put up their predicted ladder for 06?

just with what i've heard

Riddell
Diggers
Woodend
Kilmore
Kangaroos,Centrals,Romsey
Macedon
Lancefeild
Rockbank

It is going to be a big fight for the 5th spot next year kilmore or kangaroos will make finals centrals are losing players but may recruit new blokes. and lancefeild are really struggling to get numbers on paper

My punt at 06 ladder
Riddell
Woodend
D Rest
Romsey
Kangas
Kilmore
Centrals
L'field
Macedon
R'bank
How many years has Rockbank been competition easybeats now? Is it simply the tyranny of distance that prevents them from improving? Lack of community support? Surely it's time for something to be done? Also, I know woodend is a big call but the word is very positive. Apparently Mick Goodyear is back out of retirement and very fit. Is going to be joined by his younger brother Joel and another couple of mates from gisborne. Brad Else also may be returning from Kyneton. A very classy on baller.

Caught up with a mate from Kilmore over the break who seemed fairly confident Robbie Wittmer, Andy Stewart, Scott Stewart and Geoff Still will all be back in Blues colours next season. Linton Kemp and Laurence Angwin are other names the KFC are keen to get on their list for 2006.

Some handy blokes to get back to the club - think there's 5 premiership players there and a hint of AFL experience would go a long way to seeing the Blues back up high on the RDFL table one would assume.

Doona2 said:
Caught up with a mate from Kilmore over the break who seemed fairly confident Robbie Wittmer, Andy Stewart, Scott Stewart and Geoff Still will all be back in Blues colours next season. Linton Kemp and Laurence Angwin are other names the KFC are keen to get on their list for 2006.

Some handy blokes to get back to the club - think there's 5 premiership players there and a hint of AFL experience would go a long way to seeing the Blues back up high on the RDFL table one would assume.
Have it off a mate of mine that kenpy has signed with Wallan for season 2006. Has been training with them before Christmas and is keen for 2006 with them. Angwin will be staying with the roos next year won't he?

jock555 said:
Have it off a mate of mine that kenpy has signed with Wallan for season 2006. Has been training with them before Christmas and is keen for 2006 with them. Angwin will be staying with the roos next year won't he?

I knew Sleethy was real keen on Kemp but hadnt heard the latest. Broadford is desperate to keep Laurence with Fletcher, Dunne and Azza Taylor returning but I do believe the Blues have plenty to offer......time will tell.

Tell me jock is glenn smethurst heading home to wallan for a run in '06???

Doona2 said:
I knew Sleethy was real keen on Kemp but hadnt heard the latest. Broadford is desperate to keep Laurence with Fletcher, Dunne and Azza Taylor returning but I do believe the Blues have plenty to offer......time will tell.

Tell me jock is glenn smethurst heading home to wallan for a run in '06???
Not sure on that one. There was a rumour that he was going to play a year up there with his mates, but I haven't heard anything on that one for a while. They have also picked up a guy that played at Wallan a few years ago. Matt Vidal I think his name is. Meant to be a decent size who playes back. I don't know who else they've picked up.

Footytripper said:
Didn't Andy Stewart leave Kilmore last time due to not being payed?? Is he going back to get back pay?? How will Kemp go in the Diamond Valley??
He played a few games of senior footy in the EDFL 1st division with East Keilor and went only ok. Didn't seem to pick up the pace of the game early but got better as the season wore on. Was a very good player at Kilmore so I would think that he'd do ok in DVFL 2nd division.

jock555 said:
Not sure on that one. There was a rumour that he was going to play a year up there with his mates, but I haven't heard anything on that one for a while. They have also picked up a guy that played at Wallan a few years ago. Matt Vidal I think his name is. Meant to be a decent size who playes back. I don't know who else they've picked up.

Vidal was a solid contributor last time he played so he'll be a bonus down back for Sleethy no worries. Glenn might be coming pretty sure he knocked around with Vides and Matty Gibson.

Doona2 said:
Vidal was a solid contributor last time he played so he'll be a bonus down back for Sleethy no worries. Glenn might be coming pretty sure he knocked around with Vides and Matty Gibson.
Chased up the Smethurst rumour for you Doon and believe it to be 99 percent correct. Apparently he is very keen to join Wallan in 2006.

jock555 said:
Chased up the Smethurst rumour for you Doon and believe it to be 99 percent correct. Apparently he is very keen to join Wallan in 2006.

Thanks Jock yeah a good mate of Glenn's plays cricket up here at Broady :thumbsu: So I guess my hunch was correct in that the WFC on your profile represents Wallan Football Club then???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2 said:

thats great news for kilmore if they can get those players back in the jumper. although there is no chance kemp will come back. i was havin beers wif him down the beach and there is no way his coming back this year at least! interesting news is that matt robertson has moved to the whitsundays leaves on tuesday and there is a fair chance he wont b back!

vantheman32 said:
thats great news for kilmore if they can get those players back in the jumper. although there is no chance kemp will come back. i was havin beers wif him down the beach and there is no way his coming back this year at least! interesting news is that matt robertson has moved to the whitsundays leaves on tuesday and there is a fair chance he wont b back!

not good if it is true as he is one of the best players in the comp, cant replace a bloke like that with an old has been no matter how good he was

Doona2 said:
Thanks Jock yeah a good mate of Glenn's plays cricket up here at Broady :thumbsu: So I guess my hunch was correct in that the WFC on your profile represents Wallan Football Club then???
Yeah a bloke i work with is mates with a bloke up there. Saw them in a couple of games last year, but get to more edfl games than dvfl. They seem like they are not that far away.

has anybody heard what is going on with lancefeild, rockbank, romsey diggers or centrals. we have all heard that players are leaving these clubs, is there any names that can be added to lists to replace them?

What's the word on clubs back at training? I heard Woodend have been back training twice a week for the last two weeks. Plenty of running and fairly gruelling. Anyone else know of other clubs training dates?

spoke4923 said:
What's the word on clubs back at training? I heard Woodend have been back training twice a week for the last two weeks. Plenty of running and fairly gruelling. Anyone else know of other clubs training dates?

I believe diggers start on the 29th of jan
kangaroos start on the 23rd

heard that Poncho can be a hard man as coach and his boys from up north couldn't handle it, will any of the kids at woodend lose interest if it gets too hard

vantheman32 said:

Also no chance of Geoff Still returning. He is staying in Melbourne at the Monash Gryphons in 2006.

barrybogan said:
Also no chance of Geoff Still returning. He is staying in Melbourne at the Monash Gryphons in 2006.

Thanx Baz, you hear plenty of rumour this time of year, had heard Stilly was heading home but obvioulsy not the case

heard that romsey could be without a few big names next year, morgan is going to sanfl, meldrum has been posted up the bush and cant get it changed, Commoford is keen to play against romsey, the carrol's have been talking with kyneton and sunbury lions and the biggest shock is that bulldog has had talks with broadford.

That is 2 bowen medalists in that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back