RDFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thepurplepassion said:
Did anyone catch this week's midland express? the article was a joke. All about woodend. anyone would think that helmore is in love with the hawks. they look promising but to dedicate a whole page to the game is a joke. the express should ring up matt nicholls at the kilmore free press and offer him some money to come back.

SERIOUSLY! PURPLE PASSION! YOU ARE MATTHEW NICHOLS. IT IS SO OBVIOUS

I heard Talbot was offered a monkey. Pretty difficult to knock that back. Disappointing for lancefield and the riddel district league in general.

Have heard from a very reliable source that Talbot is on $500 a game at Kyneton and is supposed to be heading overseas mid season. Not vertain if Kyneton were aware of this when they signed him.

Footytripper said:
Have heard from a very reliable source that Talbot is on $500 a game at Kyneton and is supposed to be heading overseas mid season. Not vertain if Kyneton were aware of this when they signed him.

I think his os trip has been delayed until the end of the year

Toadfooty said:
Woodsmen you have hit the nail on the head. Poor form Nicholls:thumbsdown:

I two have worked at The Free Press but would never say I regretted the move in such a public fashion like that. They would be shattered to hear of your unrest . . . . but I spose they'll know soon as Pegsy and Billy West are keen Big Footy fans. By the way loved the pasting you gave Lancefield in todays edition

I actually am not Matt Nicholls, but I am a good friend of his, play footy at Romsey. It was a decent pasting of Lancefield, I just thought the article in the Express was disgraceful.

thepurplepassion said:
I actually am not Matt Nicholls, but I am a good friend of his, play footy at Romsey. It was a decent pasting of Lancefield, I just thought the article in the Express was disgraceful.

can anyone post the article & the pasting of lancefeild i'm curious of what was said we dont all get the express

This was in the Free Press yesterday

Alarm bells are ringing at Tigerland, after Lancefield put in one of their worst performances of the past five years against Sunbury in the Riddell League football season opener on Saturday.
Even though it was expected that some clubs would be more match-ready than others, the Tigers appear to lack height, depth and more importantly determination.
After appearing in the past five finals series and making it to three grand finals, the era may be coming to an end at Lancefield, with other sides appearing to now overtake them.
The retirement of Damian Choate was a big loss, also key players Leigh Harrison and Robbie Waters, who were recruited only last year are sorely missed.
But perhaps the biggest loss of all was Ben Talbot, who up until last week was preparing to play for Lancefield, but was snapped-up by Neville Massina at Kyneton only days before the season started.
Luke Maunsell’s comeback to Lancefield is a positive sign for the Tigers, but they lack two things — a key forward and a key defender.
Of the eleven goals Lancefield kicked on Saturday, six were by midfielders, all of whom are under six feet (181cm) tall.
Despite the scoreline suggesting that the contest was close (Lancefield lost by three goals), the Tigers were playing catch-up football all game, after registering only one behind in the first quarter.
If the Tigers are to bounce back, they need to find another avenue towards goal — and hope they don’t encounter too many sides with a tall forward line.

The Express only had a page long report about Woodend, which was carp

thepurplepassion said:
This was in the Free Press yesterday

Alarm bells are ringing at Tigerland, after Lancefield put in one of their worst performances of the past five years against Sunbury in the Riddell League football season opener on Saturday.
Even though it was expected that some clubs would be more match-ready than others, the Tigers appear to lack height, depth and more importantly determination.
After appearing in the past five finals series and making it to three grand finals, the era may be coming to an end at Lancefield, with other sides appearing to now overtake them.
The retirement of Damian Choate was a big loss, also key players Leigh Harrison and Robbie Waters, who were recruited only last year are sorely missed.
But perhaps the biggest loss of all was Ben Talbot, who up until last week was preparing to play for Lancefield, but was snapped-up by Neville Massina at Kyneton only days before the season started.
Luke Maunsell’s comeback to Lancefield is a positive sign for the Tigers, but they lack two things — a key forward and a key defender.
Of the eleven goals Lancefield kicked on Saturday, six were by midfielders, all of whom are under six feet (181cm) tall.
Despite the scoreline suggesting that the contest was close (Lancefield lost by three goals), the Tigers were playing catch-up football all game, after registering only one behind in the first quarter.
If the Tigers are to bounce back, they need to find another avenue towards goal — and hope they don’t encounter too many sides with a tall forward line.

The Express only had a page long report about Woodend, which was carp

The Free Press aint available online so either you are the great man Nicholls or you've gone tosome great lengths to get this . . . . If Matt Nicholls was so good he wouldnt be in Kilmore where the owners of the opposition (Review) are about to pounce

Doona2 said:
The Free Press aint available online so either you are the great man Nicholls or you've gone tosome great lengths to get this . . . .

First of all its about 10 sentences so it wouldn't take long to write, second of all i just stated that I know pickles and it would be no hassle to ask him to email it to me. I wish i could write as well as 'the great man' as you call him, but i went to gisborne high school for god sakes. And as for the review, yes it boast some quality features. But Bill West is one of the best and most respected country journo's in the business. I reckon it was the best thing Pickles could have done by moving, he's not Mike Sheahan yet, but I think he will get closer by working under West than working at the Express or Review

thepurplepassion said:
First of all its about 10 sentences so it wouldn't take long to write, second of all i just stated that I know pickles and it would be no hassle to ask him to email it to me. I wish i could write as well as 'the great man' as you call him, but i went to gisborne high school for god sakes. And as for the review, yes it boast some quality features. But Bill West is one of the best and most respected country journo's in the business. I reckon it was the best thing Pickles could have done by moving, he's not Mike Sheahan yet, but I think he will get closer by working under West than working at the Express or Review

So your number 1 ticket holder of his fan club then . . . sorry thought you were him. Keep on lobbying for him and Im sure you can find him a job elsewhere if he aint happy at the free Press.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thepurplepassion said:

I too spent almost 5 years under Westy and was a great experience but couldnt handle the lack of leadership or know how from above (management) Im sure you know what I mean. Shepp news have jobs going i think

Doona2 said:
So your number 1 ticket holder of his fan club then . . . sorry thought you were him. Keep on lobbying for him and Im sure you can find him a job elsewhere if he aint happy at the free Press.

Fair call doona, but as far as I know he's pretty ahppy with his new job. Loves writing sport and I think he is getting a new challenge by writing about clubs like Kilmore and Broadford, who he normally wouldn't write about.

treublueroo,you make me laugh.

you have stated that both house and johnson have left rupo to go and play in flags, why wouldn't they go and play at riddell or woodend, maybe even diggers rest if that was a case, aleast they would be going to a club that over the last couple of years have developed a winning culture ?, tell my why they would go to a club that won, was it 5 games last year ???

And I might add without meaning to place a personal attack on these blokes J.House has not played one senior game of footy at rupo nor even looked like playing, and B.Johnson played the second half of last year battling in the reserves side.

Credit to these blokes that they relized that their ability was not up to the standard of footy played in the VAFA level anymore, so they have chosen to continue there carear at a level that enables them to play senior footy.

As in an earlier post i do wish the rupo boys all the best for this year and for many years to come.

bit tough on bobby johnson there, he played some good footy for most of the year, unlucky to miss a spot in the senoir grand final, after the 2s were beaten in the prelim.
Spot on about house though, he wasnt up to it, disposal and courage just not up to it.

therupy27 said:
bit tough on bobby johnson there, he played some good footy for most of the year, unlucky to miss a spot in the senoir grand final, after the 2s were beaten in the prelim.
Spot on about house though, he wasnt up to it, disposal and courage just not up to it.

therupy cmon be serious these guys were never going to make it , in fact I dont think there is a roos player that would play senior footy at rupo ,
sunbury roos = rupo twos

if you rupo boys think your that top s..t, why wont you play the roos in a pracy, get into your management and get them to set one up for next year, it doesn't matter where you play it is about playing to the best of your ability if these guys see the roos as a club moving forward they are spot on and good luck to them in trying to be a part of the building process not the guys that will turn up in another year or 2 to take glory that others have earned.
i hope you guys eat your words if the roos push into the finals for the first time in their seniors.
not sure where you got your facts from but the roos won 7 games last year with the reserves making the 2nd semis for the second year in a row showing they have depth. the year before the 1st's won only 2 games give them a break and show some support to your fellow sunbury teams i dont hear many roos baggin rupo but there will always be 1 or 2.

chiefwiggam said:
therupy cmon be serious these guys were never going to make it , in fact I dont think there is a roos player that would play senior footy at rupo ,
sunbury roos = rupo twos

Have to agree with you there chiefwiggam, saw Sunbury in the night comp.....lets just say they would be middle of ladder in B grade EDFL.

There seems to be a lot of big mouths on this thread.::confused:

1. VAFA up to B Grade is not worth a pinch of goat s*#%
Rupo have lived on the premise that they have been successful but I would not brag about playing in grand finals in an u10 comp. I know I have play in it.

2. To the chiefwiggam:thumbsdown: whose knowledge of football seems to be up to the same standard as my dead grandmother you state that there is not one player in the Sunbury team that would play at Rupo, then you must know more than your recruiters because they seem to make a lot of calls to these guys. Let’s list some
Jason King (Rupo would have him back in a second)
Bobby Johnson (think he played seniors last year didn't he man your argument is really holding up)
Cameron Watson (why don’t you tell your people to stop calling him)
Jackson Baddeley( played for Rupo and would not go back)
Matthew Welsh
Robert Ellis
Daniel Ellery
Would you like me to stop or keep going:

3. It's amazing how Gisborne were more than happy to have J House playing with them this year before he came to us.

Now for allears & sideshowbob:thumbsdown: you guys are turning bigfooty into a joke with you inept and uneducated opinion Allears how many player did the kangaroos rotate in the game (I would say 37)
Now my alliance is with the kangaroos and believe me there is a s#%* load of work to do for that club to be successful but they must be headed in the right direction as there is a lot of people wanting to keep them down. Finals I am not sure if they will play them this year but would it not be good to see a final five like
Diggers
Centrals
Woodend
Kilmore
Kangaroos
This comp while young does have a future with sides like these that are up and coming but we are never going to make it if people persist on talking crap, opinions are good but unfortunately like arssholes everybody has one, it’s just a matter of the s*#% that come’s out.
Yes I am p***ed because I respect this comp and the kangaroos and I cannot work out why people continue to rubbish both.
How about we be more productive and talk about the footy and what is happing in this comp and have a great year all round
Remember the glass should be always half full.:thumbsu:

Now for allears & sideshowbob:thumbsdown: you guys are turning bigfooty into a joke with you inept and uneducated opinion Allears how many player did the kangaroos rotate in the game (I would say 37)

Who didn't rotate during the night comp you dill, :confused: if thats your excuse it's going to be one long year for you boys! :thumbsdown:

first you have a dig at the kangas for not being worth anythin in the night comp, then wen you find out they played 37 blokes, all you can say is that everyone else did! playing against woodend (who everyone is raving about as being the upcoming side of the comp) they ran woodend all over the place in the first half and wen they replaced nearly the whole side with 2nds players in the second half they still only went down by a few goals. how bout trying to support these struggling clubs instead of big noting d grade amos sides with massive egos?

therupy27 said:

House is a cat.

sunbkangas said:
There seems to be a lot of big mouths on this thread.::confused:

1. VAFA up to B Grade is not worth a pinch of goat s*#%
Rupo have lived on the premise that they have been successful but I would not brag about playing in grand finals in an u10 comp. I know I have play in it.

2. To the chiefwiggam:thumbsdown: whose knowledge of football seems to be up to the same standard as my dead grandmother you state that there is not one player in the Sunbury team that would play at Rupo, then you must know more than your recruiters because they seem to make a lot of calls to these guys. Let’s list some
Jason King (Rupo would have him back in a second)
Bobby Johnson (think he played seniors last year didn't he man your argument is really holding up)
Cameron Watson (why don’t you tell your people to stop calling him)
Jackson Baddeley( played for Rupo and would not go back)
Matthew Welsh
Robert Ellis
Daniel Ellery
Would you like me to stop or keep going:

3. It's amazing how Gisborne were more than happy to have J House playing with them this year before he came to us.

Now my alliance is with the kangaroos and believe me there is a s#%* load of work to do for that club to be successful but they must be headed in the right direction as there is a lot of people wanting to keep them down. Finals I am not sure if they will play them this year but would it not be good to see a final five like
Diggers
Centrals
Woodend
Kilmore
Kangaroos
This comp while young does have a future with sides like these that are up and coming but we are never going to make it if people persist on talking crap, opinions are good but unfortunately like arssholes everybody has one, it’s just a matter of the s*#% that come’s out.
Yes I am p***ed because I respect this comp and the kangaroos and I cannot work out why people continue to rubbish both.
How about we be more productive and talk about the footy and what is happing in this comp and have a great year all round
Remember the glass should be always half full.:thumbsu:

Give us a spell, house left Gisborne after playing 5 mins in one praccy match. Would not have got a game in the twos. He is a march champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back