RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 v 6 has been scheduled to be played at Sunbury from the beginning.
To be honest I don’t think it will make any difference to Romsey.
Honestly the young romsey side ( if they come turned on ) would be better off on the expansive field at Clarke oval against the season Diggers side, if they want to beat Diggers won’t be in the clinches, fast start and taking risks to make the ground as big as possible keep in the game as long as they can may give them a chance to be in striking distance late in the game.where as Romsey Park would favour a tight battle and the bigger body boroughs should get the advantage.
But still think Diggers will get up.

Better than the huge advantage third gets for inheriting a double chance by beating 6th, or is that just a whole new show?
How many teams have won from 3rd place?
I do recall Macedon being beaten in the first week when they finished third.(maybe more than once)
Did Romsey win one from fourth ?

So with Kangas again looking to exit, recurring theme at some point this is surely going to happen, plus the announcement in the press last week that Melton South Panthers are looking at the Western Region Football League, so a potential replacement not looking at our comp, I wonder what head office plans are. Surely a league with 11 teams, 3 of which with a percentage under 25% this year, means to make the final 6 (if that remained which surely it would not) you really only have to be better than 2 clubs. This is not going to attract the desired interest to ensure long term sustainability for those that remain. I know the finals is the focus for the next few weeks and a cracking finals series amongst the top 5 is coming but you wonder if Goldfields and more importantly the RDFNL Board (do they still have one) have an opinion or strategy around the future. We want something to show our young players coming through that this is a great league to be apart of and has a terrific future.

I Believe a number of The Kangas netballers chose to play football instead of netball.
Good on them, good to experience new things and options hey.
I hope it hasn't been treated negatively by the RDFNL and pressured the club if fielding a full compliment of netball sides became untenable.
I know over this way in the past both Kilmore and Broadford weren't exactly applauded for what teams they could muster up, but more hassled as to why they couldn't.

I just hope whether you move or stay, that those who actually vote support it as past history at two clubs for me it hasn't exaclty played out swimmingly in it's origin.

So with Kangas again looking to exit, recurring theme at some point this is surely going to happen, plus the announcement in the press last week that Melton South Panthers are looking at the Western Region Football League, so a potential replacement not looking at our comp, I wonder what head office plans are. Surely a league with 11 teams, 3 of which with a percentage under 25% this year, means to make the final 6 (if that remained which surely it would not) you really only have to be better than 2 clubs. This is not going to attract the desired interest to ensure long term sustainability for those that remain. I know the finals is the focus for the next few weeks and a cracking finals series amongst the top 5 is coming but you wonder if Goldfields and more importantly the RDFNL Board (do they still have one) have an opinion or strategy around the future. We want something to show our young players coming through that this is a great league to be apart of and has a terrific future.

11 Teams, 20 rounds all playing each other evenly ... maybe back to a final 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bford to KDFL
Cant' see the KDFL taking on another club unless AFL Goulburn Murray re-strucutre their leagues across the region.
The KDFL are 14 teams and a worse lopsided draw than the RDFL now.
In saying that 10 team comps are rippa's, everyone plays twice and a top 5 which (IMO) is the best finals system of them all.

Cant' see the KDFL taking on another club unless AFL Goulburn Murray re-strucutre their leagues across the region.
In saying that 10 team comps are rippa's, everyone plays twice and a top 5 which (IMO) is the best finals system of them all.

Will be interesting, big changes coming

Understand there looking for teams to go two div two more gives them 8/8 4 more 10/8 divisions

To hear this speculation for a big RDFNL fan is really concerning. Whether true or not it is stated that Sunbury and RUPO both looking at options, no doubt broadford will look at options, Rams should be looking at options, where does it leave footy in this region?? AFL Goldfields WAKE UP, release your master plan to give everyone confidence that footy in this region is secure and sustainable.

Good on them, good to experience new things and options hey.
I hope it hasn't been treated negatively by the RDFNL and pressured the club if fielding a full compliment of netball sides became untenable.
I know over this way in the past both Kilmore and Broadford weren't exactly applauded for what teams they could muster up, but more hassled as to why they couldn't.

I just hope whether you move or stay, that those who actually vote support it as past history at two clubs for me it hasn't exaclty played out swimmingly in it's origin.
The Kilmore netballers, who were all local girls, got some serious beatings in the last couple of years in the RDFL, by teams that had some brilliantly talented imports. The Kilmore netballers prefer the graded NFNL competition where they are competitive, but I do admit it's not great for club unity when they are not playing at the same venue as the footballers on the Saturday. It does take the stress out of things though, when your league doesn't require your club to field senior netball teams that you know will get smashed by some highly talented opposition.

To hear this speculation for a big RDFNL fan is really concerning. Whether true or not it is stated that Sunbury and RUPO both looking at options, no doubt broadford will look at options, Rams should be looking at options, where does it leave footy in this region?? AFL Goldfields WAKE UP, release your master plan to give everyone confidence that footy in this region is secure and sustainable.
Unfortunately I can’t see them acting anytime soon.
Let’s be honest they are more concerned about getting the Ballarat league up and about to be one of the strong leagues in country Vic.
And that will never happen for as long as any of us are around.

They are wasting time and plenty of money on rubbish junket trips up to Queensland year in year out , can anyone actually tell us what does this bring to the leagues under the goldfield banner ?
It’s a total waste of time and money.

I don’t blame any side in the comp exploring their options in other leagues , the rdfl has been put on the “to do” list for far to long, and the blokes in charge of the goldfields are taking the absolute piss out of any side that doesn’t play in the Ballarat football league.

Whilst those in charge sit there and play the complete bias game to the bfl the rest of the sides that fall under the goldfields area are left waiting for answers and waiting to see what this apparent grand plan of theirs is.

And whilst those in charge continue to sit on the lazy behinds and waste money on junket trips up north and rubbish mid week inter league games clubs are starting to look at the options which best suits them, and who could blame them.

And by the time they take their sweet time with coming up with the new structure clubs will have already made the move across to greener pastures.

Any single person involved with coming up with this new structure needs to stop taking the piss and start getting pro active , clubs shouldn’t be looking to play elsewhere if they are looked after.
Wake up to yourselves afl goldfields because your going ruin many a league/club if you continue to sit back and do exactly as your doing which is absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately I can’t see them acting anytime soon.
Let’s be honest they are more concerned about getting the Ballarat league up and about to be one of the strong leagues in country Vic.
And that will never happen for as long as any of us are around.

They are wasting time and plenty of money on rubbish junket trips up to Queensland year in year out , can anyone actually tell us what does this bring to the leagues under the goldfield banner ?
It’s a total waste of time and money.

I don’t blame any side in the comp exploring their options in other leagues , the rdfl has been put on the “to do” list for far to long, and the blokes in charge of the goldfields are taking the absolute piss out of any side that doesn’t play in the Ballarat football league.

Whilst those in charge sit there and play the complete bias game to the bfl the rest of the sides that fall under the goldfields area are left waiting for answers and waiting to see what this apparent grand plan of theirs is.

And whilst those in charge continue to sit on the lazy behinds and waste money on junket trips up north and rubbish mid week inter league games clubs are starting to look at the options which best suits them, and who could blame them.

And by the time they take their sweet time with coming up with the new structure clubs will have already made the move across to greener pastures.

Any single person involved with coming up with this new structure needs to stop taking the piss and start getting pro active , clubs shouldn’t be looking to play elsewhere if they are looked after.
Wake up to yourselves afl goldfields because your going ruin many a league/club if you continue to sit back and do exactly as your doing which is absolutely nothing.
I rest my case your honour.!

We are all emotive at times because inherently we are passionate. Bravo to your post I agree 100%. Focus is solely on bfl and very obvious was a motivation for supporting the points and salary cap in this region. The junkets are a joke. They are not apart of any pathway system for young footballers, are picked by imbeciles, have a weighting that bfl players get majority positions, and really for the thousands of dollars spent on these better off reducing fees to clubs or helping clubs with equipment etc. it is taking club money and laughing at them whilst they do it. The inter league program in all leagues is farcical, these are all initiatives that simply take clubs eyes off the ball, the main issue, which is the future. If these administrators and there is plenty of them are incapable enough to provide the direction for the future, they should be removed. The time to act is now as clubs are acting independently.

Interesting snippet on Facebook on The Local Footy Show page from the Yarra Valley Rangers footy league president on the merge of some of AFL South East to the Yarra Valley League. Was mentioned of working with leagues including Goldfields to establish sustainable footy in the Kinglake area would this mean Broadford ? For those of you on facebook follow this page as it really gives a great insight into the struggles AFL is going through ATM.

Seems AFL Vic are working in stealth again with tampering with stuff at TAC level, will be eagerly waiting to see how they go with this. With the introduction of Next Generation Academy's the talent pathway seems to be getting murkier weekly. This is without the private companies making good $$'s with their training camps.

On a slightly different note really disheartening to read in the locals of the struggles for the GDCA with powerful clubs asking to drop grades in the upcoming season due to lack of numbers, if this is an indication of commitment to sport in the area look out footy.

For all those that are so passionate and committed to footy in the RDFL early mail is there maybe spot/spots vacated on the board, hope those that are quick to point fingers will put there hands up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back