RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not surprised Riddell won, but the margin they won by was.
Margin was neither here nor there really, not that they affected the result the umps were hard to read again today, player sent off for a bump, another player from the other other side ran past the ball and cleaned up an opposing player, no free kick. Was a little hard to read to be honest.

Margin was neither here nor there really, not that they affected the result the umps were hard to read again today, player sent off for a bump, another player from the other other side ran past the ball and cleaned up an opposing player, no free kick. Was a little hard to read to be honest.
Don’t blame umps let’s see how they bounce back me $50 still live

Don’t blame umps let’s see how they bounce back me $50 still live
Read the quote Dave, wasn't blaming the umps, I mentioned they were hard to read, Rupo now to play either, Wallan, Macedon or Romsey, Bri g on next week, Riddell clearly favourites but now with what 14 wins straight the pressure is o. Not to drop one.

Read the quote Dave, wasn't blaming the umps, I mentioned they were hard to read, Rupo now to play either, Wallan, Macedon or Romsey, Bri g on next week, Riddell clearly favourites but now with what 14 wins straight the pressure is o. Not to drop one.
Could drop next week got double chance

Could be Riddell’s year, maybe Ruppo the brides maid again.
Good games today, could be some upsets.
Romsey are good on bigger grounds and it is dry, Macedon have all their players available first time this year.

Could be Riddell’s year, maybe Ruppo the brides maid again.
Good games today, could be some upsets.
Romsey are good on bigger grounds and it is dry, Macedon have all their players available first time this year.
Yep should be a good day of footy for sure, suns out, fast tracks and both big grounds. Maybe an upset in the Clarke oval affair and I'd reckin Macedon may be 23 points good enuf over Wallan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand final replay next week and looks like Macedon in red hot form going to be two ripper games next week best 4 teams left
Looking at the romsey game just strengthens the argument for a top 5 only
Yeah I imagine Romsey would be pretty down on themselves, interestingly enough Wallan looked in it up their necks at half time and coulda been a bit closer. Two big finals for sure next week, and geez I know we have all said it before don't third get a rails run to inherit the second chance.

Don’t be too disappointed AuckMel in all seriousness the best 4 lists remain.
From outside I thought Wallan did quite well in parts, and to even make finals with a list (I felt) was a touch less in strength to 2017, all whilst Nugget gave opportunity every week to 19s is a step forward I reckon.

Legspeed on the outside is a must, and obviously a ruckman.
Quite a lot of similar framed/sized blokes needs a tweak and Nuggets goal return of last year needs to be found.
Plenty of really good 3rds graduating this year so won’t take much of a tweak, so be flat yes but not shattered as it takes time to build up to what clubs like Riddell/Diggers do year in year out.

Top 5 or Top 6? Until she’s a even draw it don’t really matter, as a team or two often sneak or or get a leg up by who they draw “twice” compared to their rivals.

Last edited:
Don’t be too disappointed AuckMel in all seriousness the best 4 lists remain.
From outside I thought Wallan did quite well in parts, and to even make finals with a list (I felt) was a touch less in strength to 2017, all whilst Nugget gave opportunity every week to 19s is a step forward I reckon.

Legspeed on the outside is a must, and obviously a ruckman.
Quite a lot of similar framed/sized blokes needs a tweak and Nuggets goal return of last year needs to be found.
Plenty of really good 3rds graduating this year so won’t take much of a tweak, so be flat yes but not shattered as it takes time to build up to what clubs like Riddell/Diggers do year in year out.

Really good points mate.

I'm actually pretty proud of where they sit given there's no real superstars. Nugget's done well and is promoting the youth which is all great and really promising. Agree on a ruckman, and definitely a bit more pace.

I did hear Macca may have done his ACL which is a bummer.

Really good points mate.

I'm actually pretty proud of where they sit given there's no real superstars. Nugget's done well and is promoting the youth which is all great and really promising. Agree on a ruckman, and definitely a bit more pace.

I did hear Macca may have done his ACL which is a bummer.
Rhys smith / Boyle / vianni and a ruckman and you would be a massive show .

WRFL Sad state when finals come around under19 1/2 s and one side in the finals haven’t won a game all year 1st semi Werribee vs point cook

Live scores were done for the 19s and I did the Seniors. Given that we were unable to get a radio team up for the finals thanks to lack of volunteers; Gav would usually do the live scores for all football games with goals etc ..

It is each club's responsibility - as previously discussed on this forum - IT IS NOT HARD!! Get your act together guys

Wallan managed it being at two different grounds so why can't others pull their fingers out.

No surprises on weekend with results going way most would of thought.
Cant see Rupo bouncing back as Macedon looking very dangerous at theright time of year.Wallan busted their ar$e 1st 1/2 yesterday but Cats had far too much polish in the end.Waters and Knox a class above.Earlier poster says pressure on Riddel I say Pffffft to that.Premier comes out of Riddel,Diggers or Macedon.
Looking at reserves its glaring that the top 7 seniors ladder was same clubs just different positions as top 7 in reserves as well.This shows depth is key and the strugglers are miles away.
Diggers vRiddel should be a cracker and I reckon the Rupo v Cats will be a fizzer.Just hope the good weather continues and all players stay healthy.

Live scores were done for the 19s and I did the Seniors. Given that we were unable to get a radio team up for the finals thanks to lack of volunteers; Gav would usually do the live scores for all football games with goals etc ..
Not your responsibility Chris even the ground manager with iPad in hand could have done this
It’s finals even people from a far are still keen to follow it’s a bit hard when you can’t even get progressive scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back