RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. That makes it potentially flawed and dis-advantageous to that team.

Sorry, my opinion is based around the fact that so many hate having a “bye” in the competition they are playing in, and we’re potentially handing a team 1 game in 4 weeks!!

I’m sure the coach and players of that team would be stoked when it happens.

It doesn't happen a lot in country footy and I haven't seen it influence a premier yet

Generally most leagues have a fair idea who will be the bottom 3-4 sides when they do the fixture.
If you have a final 5 you would just give one of those sides a bye in the final round before finals so it doesn’t impact a sides finals preparation.

Sigh.

It’s just not worth the energy, you’re the reason most on this forum disappeared to be honest.

YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WENT STRAIGHT AT THE “RUBBISH” COMMENT, not me. But everyone is out to get you aren’t they, to be frank, if I was out to get you, I’d just ban you straight out for the multiple infractions committed that have been left go and for posting with an alias.

You have a vendetta with the league and everyone in it, so you try to incite argument for the sake of it, no one in this competition I have spoken to either respects or cares for your opinion, so that’s enough for me, time to move on from you.
Exact response expected how about you don’t comment on my post i wont on yours

Yeah well I don’t want teams winning 12 out of 18 games missing finals, I hope the RDFL leave it just the way it is!

If 12 out of 18 isn’t enough to finish in the top half then bad luck!!!! This is exactly what is wrong with society today. Everyone gets a trophy for participating in kids sport. Please don’t try and bring this bull dust into open age sport. All teams work hard but sometimes that is not enough to make finals. Grow up, learn from it, work harder and try to win 14 games next year. Please let’s not go down a path of rewarding mediocrity!!! Life is not easy either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally most leagues have a fair idea who will be the bottom 3-4 sides when they do the fixture.
If you have a final 5 you would just give one of those sides a bye in the final round before finals so it doesn’t impact a sides finals preparation.
Carefull mate :)

If 12 out of 18 isn’t enough to finish in the top half then bad luck!!!! This is exactly what is wrong with society today. Everyone gets a trophy for participating in kids sport. Please don’t try and bring this bull dust into open age sport. All teams work hard but sometimes that is not enough to make finals. Grow up, learn from it, work harder and try to win 14 games next year. Please let’s not go down a path of rewarding mediocrity!!! Life is not easy either.

Good call jack

Good call jack
The stats since 2013 read the 6th placed team has won, 8,9,10,8,10,9 games. So we are talking about teams getting a break even season playing finals. Remember of those wins in recent times, atleast 3 have been against teams that are (again not sure how many times I have said this) non competitive. They are gimmes. The draw influences heavily where teams finish in this comp. Some of these teams may have literally not beaten a teams in the 6 and played finals. We are not talking about teams winning 12 games. It is money we all know it. Every year we complain, well I do about the 3 v 6 game and the advantage that 3rd gets from week 2. The great thing is normally the best team wins the flag. Final 5 is the best system for a comp of 11. Final 4 is brutal, I agree with the posters about the edfl.

The 12 out of 18 did get them to finish in the top half, they just didn’t get to play finals!

The stats since 2013 read the 6th placed team has won, 8,9,10,8,10,9 games. So we are talking about teams getting a break even season playing finals. Remember of those wins in recent times, atleast 3 have been against teams that are (again not sure how many times I have said this) non competitive. They are gimmes. The draw influences heavily where teams finish in this comp. Some of these teams may have literally not beaten a teams in the 6 and played finals. We are not talking about teams winning 12 games. It is money we all know it. Every year we complain, well I do about the 3 v 6 game and the advantage that 3rd gets from week 2. The great thing is normally the best team wins the flag. Final 5 is the best system for a comp of 11. Final 4 is brutal, I agree with the posters about the edfl.
Would love to see an example of a team playing finals without beating a team in the 6

Would love to see an example of a team playing finals without beating a team in the 6

From memory Romsey only beat one team in the top 6 this year and that was a very undermanned Macedon.
I think woodend actually beat more teams in the 6 in 2018

I like that the six gives you a chance with injuries and if you happen to cop a hard draw.
it gives clubs the chance to plan to get things right for the end of the year.
Would hate to see a top 4.

Who gives a stuff who wins the minor premiership. Agree 3rd gets an easy run with the current system but if they have only won 1 flag in six years then its not really making much of a difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know if both walshes are going back to gisbourne ? huge loss if true

Apparently Tim told gisborne he was staying put but has since changed his mind, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at gisborne, like you said big losses for riddell. Hearing L Read might be on the move too

Apparently Tim told gisborne he was staying put but has since changed his mind, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at gisborne, like you said big losses for riddell. Hearing L Read might be on the move too

View attachment 580547

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sir Green you must be in the know, it was only announced 27 minutes ago

My apologies, I was unaware that had occurred before.

Was there much talk that year about how the best spot to finish is 3rd?
Yep no one picked us but we where confident and inform running into finals had two great wins

So according to the Bombers Facebook post they have two coaches next year???? Justin Bellville and Jamie Elliot. Is that true???

So according to the Bombers Facebook post they have two coaches next year???? Justin Bellville and Jamie Elliot. Is that true???

Seems that way, or is it Bellville coaching with Elliott helping? I wondering if Riley Patterson n Ethan Forwman both signed before the Walsh's left, interesting.

Seems that way, or is it Bellville coaching with Elliott helping? I wondering if Riley Patterson n Ethan Forwman both signed before the Walsh's left, interesting.

Probably signed knowing Riddell have picked up and recruited exceptional well this off season and have landed more than just one big fish. The loss of Walsh is more than covered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back