RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Romsey & Lancefield were rostered to play more games at home at the start & mid season, play last three games away, both grounds would have time to recover & be in perfect condition for finals.
If it went to Romsey or Lancefield, we'll still get people upset about home ground advantage if either of them made the big dance.. the whole 'home ground advantage' argument during finals has been a talking point for supporters in the past .. that would need to stop.

Can’t agree with you on the playing su
I'm a big fan of the current format .. I've only seen one day of RDFNL finals at Clarke .. last year's GF and I thought the atmosphere was great personally and it's a great playing surface.. hoping to get down there this year..

The playing surface at Romsey is as good as any .
Take a look at the way it bounced back after the rain two weeks ago.
Last year they played the junior grand finals on it in a day of constant rain and it was in top shape the following week for the first week of the finals.

The Grand final at Clarke oval - The least engaging day for the season.
The ground is ridiculous in size. The view is poor at best.Parking is poor. No a atmosphere.
Why would the Board not consider Kyneton ?
Far better atmosphere than that of Clarke oval.
Is it the Ballarat factor?

Kyneton better atmosphere than the wide expanses of Clarke, and pretty sure we've been there before yeh?

Still waiting confirmation if my mail was correct in that a visitor paid his $10 Ballarat FL entry plus an extra $1 for his car to enter Clarke last weekend?

Another factor to consider is the netball, with teams playing both football and netball grand finals at the same time. Which means as an overall grand final day location, Romsey is way ahead. Can watch both without moving.
Agree 100%, the proximity of the netball adds to the overall feel and atmosphere of local footy finals.

Kyneton better atmosphere than the wide expanses of Clarke, and pretty sure we've been there before yeh?

Still waiting confirmation if my mail was correct in that a visitor paid his $10 Ballarat FL entry plus an extra $1 for his car to enter Clarke last weekend?

Woodend hosted a final there a few years back great venue

The playing surface at Romsey is as good as any .
Take a look at the way it bounced back after the rain two weeks ago.
Last year they played the junior grand finals on it in a day of constant rain and it was in top shape the following week for the first week of the finals.

The Grand final at Clarke oval - The least engaging day for the season.
The ground is ridiculous in size. The view is poor at best.Parking is poor. No a atmosphere.
Why would the Board not consider Kyneton ?
Far better atmosphere than that of Clarke oval.
Is it the Ballarat factor?

I agree Romsey is as good a ground in the district facilities included, but if they were going hold finals could they please update their scoreboard (a portable one at the leagues expense or something better than what they currently have)

Kyneton really??

Let’s move the grand final back to a Romsey then listen to most of you bitch and moan when Romsey make the grand final and win it. “ oh they had a home ground advantage”
Didn’t most clubs last year want it at a neutral ground?
Play it wherever, who cares, But I wouldn’t be so sure Romsey are gonna get there let alone win it just yet. Think it’s a pretty even 6 atm so should be a great finals this year, played on the moon won’t detract I wouldn’t have thought.

So it makes more sense to play the game at Clarke Oval.

I think if you way up everything it makes more sense to play it there. Agree with other posters about the size and atmosphere is not as good as some other grounds but there are some positives of the ground as well..
Dont mind the kyneton option either ..
RDFL will do what they want so prob no point talking about it anyway

Big games this week. Dont think anyone really knows which order the top 6 with finish which is exciting.

seems to be a hell of a lot of injuries and unavailability with players this year. Dont think any side has played each other at full strength so will be an interesting finals series

So it makes more sense to play the game at Clarke Oval.
So being a neutral venue is more important than anything else.
If Rupo play Romsey surely Rupo have an advantage because the ground is much closer to there home base.
There fore I suggest it gets played on the disused oval at the old Clarkefield primary school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rupo play Romsey surely Rupo have an advantage because the ground is much closer to there home base.
There fore I suggest it gets played on the disused oval at the old Clarkefield primary school.

no because that is not their home ground, they dont train on it twice a week and dont play on it every second week
Are you honestly saying that it is not an advantage to play on your home ground in a final or grand final?

no because that is not their home ground, they dont train on it twice a week and dont play on it every second week
Are you honestly saying that it is not an advantage to play on your home ground in a final or grand final?
Of course it’s an advantage,
Are you saying Geelong doesn’t get an advantage when they play interstate sides at MCG.

The whole ground selection thing is a a balancing act.
A neutral ground is part of it BUT personally I don’t think Clarke is the answer. Lacks atmosphere, netball position not the best. Ground is to big.
Romsey has its draw backs but is better than Clarke in my opinion but the home ground advantage needs to be taken into account.

Lots of good opinions on the GF issue. Always hard to preplan at a venue within your league as you do not want to give home ground advantage to a team over another so unless you can work a system out that identifies the ground during the final series which aint ideal it is difficult. Winning games away from home seems to be very difficult as it is for all teams so if you did get in that position playing someone on their home deck you could feel a bit disadvantaged. Clarke Oval for mine whilst may lack a bit of atmosphere as a venue you have pretty good idea the surface will be fine just not as protected from wind as the ground in the league thats all.

This is a ridiculous statement! Clearly you have a biased opinion on this but at least try and use some valid arguments to support your position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEYOND THE BEST | Episode 7
- THE SIT DOWN -
Listen to the exclusive talk between Woodend/Hesket Football Netball Club president Paul Podbury and Chris Yeend as the pair announce that Senior football coach Tom Carland will no longer coach at the club beyond the end of season 2019 of the RDFNL.
Podbean - https://bit.ly/2Y5qxlL
Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2JbU0lG
iTunes - https://apple.co/2NMQFxB

#BeyondTheNest
#RDFNL2019
#Football
#Woodend
#3Clubs1Community
#TheNest
#BuildingTheNest
#Resignation

West coast Eagles defeated Colliwobles 2018 Grand final at Colliwobles home ground. 4 post at each end. The best side will win.

Last edited:
Play the GF at Lancefield then, they arnt in the finals. I dont think its a massive advantage playing it at home, it wont win you a GF. As pointed out tge MCG holds GF no matter who is in it. I just think for a district league play it on one of the amazing country grounds this league holds. Country charm, good for the town, good for RDFL clubs, dont need to out source to a BFL club in Sunbury so they make more money. We all no Goldfields look after BFL more than RDFL. Anyway Im just repeating myself now, i think ive made my point on this topic.

Play the GF at Lancefield then, they arnt in the finals. I dont think its a massive advantage playing it at home, it wont win you a GF. As pointed out tge MCG holds GF no matter who is in it. I just think for a district league play it on one of the amazing country grounds this league holds. Country charm, good for the town, good for RDFL clubs, dont need to out source to a BFL club in Sunbury so they make more money. We all no Goldfields look after BFL more than RDFL. Anyway Im just repeating myself now, i think ive made my point on this topic.

Grand final - lancefield
Prelim - romsey
Share all other finals between the other grounds and clubs like it was a few years ago.

Riddell seem to be hitting their straps at the right time of year as they always do, I think if they win this week they are premiership favourites. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back