RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely leaving it to individual leagues to call it off shouldn’t happen.
AFL VIC need to do it across the board if it’s getting canned.
What can’t happen imo is some comps going on & some called off. That could be a disaster for some clubs & comps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is it the beginning of the end for AFL Vic ? 9 Goldfields directors resigned last week, Picola League appears to be going well outside of their umbrella

Surely leaving it to individual leagues to call it off shouldn’t happen.
AFL VIC need to do it across the board if it’s getting canned.
What can’t happen imo is some comps going on & some called off. That could be a disaster for some clubs & comps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Vic must then make it a permit situation if some leagues play on, and that way players can go for their little 7-8 game season with the knowledge they are still permitted to their current clubs if contracted for 2021.

Metro different to country but we all claim to be heavily invested local footy folk, and a lot of the stresses and strains in volunteers are parallel

For those concerned about their loss of a game or someone to train your kids, put yaself in our volunteers position and truly imagine trying to become compliant to the required standards in order to make 2020 a watered down, compromised “goer”

Worth a listen ...

Metro different to country but we all claim to be heavily invested local footy folk, and a lot of the stresses and strains in volunteers are parallel

For those concerned about their loss of a game or someone to train your kids, put yaself in our volunteers position and truly imagine trying to become compliant to the required standards in order to make 2020 a watered down, compromised “goer”

Worth a listen ...

At a junior level especially, the return to training plan is a massive headache. Trying to find someone to be in charge of COVID compliance will be near impossible

I can’t wait for the first club that has the nuts to say eff it, it’s not worth it , let’s start preparing for 2021. Why would any club play some Mickey Mouse 7 round season and burn $50k doing so. It makes completely no sense whatsoever.

It will happen soon. You watch things happen now one league has bitten the bullet and made the call

At a junior level especially, the return to training plan is a massive headache. Trying to find someone to be in charge of COVID compliance will be near impossible
And being at a club with 13 junior teams, 3 senior club teams and one oval in town.

Covid19 officer will certainly earn their dough if Kilmore becomes open for business, and then ya feel for all the little Johnny’s who miss the cut of 20 for practice, that’s if his/her squad actually gets a time slot in all the mayhem.

I'd like to see Junior clubs get together in small clusters.. whether it be in July or August .. over a weekend and play unofficial scratch matches across a few weekends.. get kids back playing sport in some form because the challenge will be greater to get them back to football and netball for 2021.. this is on the priviso that Senior clubs don't play .. get some of the local umpires to officiate the matches, especially the younger ones and keep them interested in officiating..

I'd like to see Junior clubs get together in small clusters.. whether it be in July or August .. over a weekend and play unofficial scratch matches across a few weekends.. get kids back playing sport in some form because the challenge will be greater to get them back to football and netball for 2021.. this is on the priviso that Senior clubs don't play .. get some of the local umpires to officiate the matches, especially the younger ones and keep them interested in officiating..
Hope the umpires would be willing to do it for nothing ledge.

1590631604892.png

Another one bites the dust...

Last night the KDL League Executive along with member clubs made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 season.

We are living in unprecedented times, with local business, employment opportunities and whole communities suffering through what can only be described as the biggest crisis of our generation. Football and Netball, it is clear, must finish second on the ladder of importance right now and our whole focus must be turned towards rebuilding and future planning.

KDL President Fraser Kerrins said, “To our clubs, Thank You. Your support, patience and commitment to the League has been outstanding. To our players, you will always have a home within the Apprenticeship Factory Kyabram District League. We know that you were looking forward to this year and no matter what happens we look forward to you joining us again in 2021.
To our sponsors, your faith in our league and commitment to Football and Netball has been outstanding.
And to our fans and supporters, we know you’re heartbroken. But as we have said all along, Football and Netball will be back. Stronger than ever before.”
To view the whole League statement visit https://adobe.ly/3epP1KL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Voice of the RDFNL.. Tara Murray has worked in collaboration with a number of legends to produce this extremely insightful piece -

The Riddell District Football Netball League’s future in the AFL Goldfields is unclear as the league assesses its options going forward.

RDFNL president Brenton Knott said the league was prepared to work outside the AFL Goldfields banner as it looked for the best direction forward for the league.

Read and share the full story - https://bit.ly/2XQxQLF

It didn’t fit in with the story, but I did ask about the season going ahead. He said that they think they can have a meaningful season as long as they can have crowds.
2 questions for me, when do we need to be able to have crowds by, and how many people need to be able to gather to make it economically feasible, considering to play 3 games of footy and 4 games of netball you have around 250 people to start with.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most leagues are looking at seasons of playing every team once and then finals. EDFL looking at July 25 which is a 9 week regular season and three weeks finals, so I’d say around that date or maybe the week before.
Everything I’m hearing and nothing official, is leagues are hoping to have 500 people allowed to gather.

I beluv
2 questions for me, when do we need to be able to have crowds by, and how many people need to be able to gather to make it economically feasible, considering to play 3 games of footy and 4 games of netball you have around 250 people to start with.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I believe participants and spectators will be considered seperate

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back