RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When they think about how Wallan went in the NFL it is probably fair enough. From afar it didn’t appear Wallan really fitted in there.
Found it to hard to compete so went the easy option.

LoL

I thought it was just a poor troll. The current Wallan side would be a walk up start in NFL div 2
Before your time aucklander so best not comment! Have you ever seen a nfl game?

Found it to hard to compete so went the easy option.

And you know this how? On the committee or closely involved were you?? one of the decision makers at the club?? Put your facts up as to why you say it was too hard to compete. I don’t think you have any idea of why decisions were made either to move to NFL in the first place or to return to RDFL

Last edited by a moderator:

And you know this how? On the committee or closely involved were you?? one of the decision makers at the club?? Put your facts up as to why you say it was too hard to compete. I don’t think you have any idea of why decisions were made either to move to NFL in the first place or to return to RDFL

Posts are littered with pot shots at Wallan. Time may not have gone well there.

Posts are littered with pot shots at Wallan. Time may not have gone well there.
there isn’t a club in the country that hasnt had a bad run.
Wallan going very well at the moment, enjoy it while you can, and stuff the ones who want to bring you down.

being involved in community sport will always have its ups and downs. Enjoy the good times because the hard times can be hard work but often more enjoyable

Another two weeks off by the looks of it. Such a pity to have an interrupted season after such a long lay off last year, but I guess with so many spots around Melbourne as danger zones there wasn't much choice.

I wonder if or how they will restructure the season.
I dont no how to share a story from facebook ontu this sight. but there was a really good story on channal 31 Local Footy Show about how the rdfl has gone alone and have become a stand aloun league. seems that the decison has proved popular an they are positive for the future. hope they can keep goin in the rite directon.

I dont no how to share a story from facebook ontu this sight. but there was a really good story on channal 31 Local Footy Show about how the rdfl has gone alone and have become a stand aloun league. seems that the decison has proved popular an they are positive for the future. hope they can keep goin in the rite directon.

I'd like to see the Wallan side play Kilmore next year in a practice match. Wallan would match it in Divy 3 but I think they would need a few extras to be strong in divy 2. I'd like to see them back in the NFNL aligned with there juniors.
LoL

I thought it was just a poor troll. The current Wallan side would be a walk up start in NFL div 2.

LLF write up said we had 4 out. Jarryd Bonello, Corey Viani, Sean Morris and Will Brock. Caruana obviously a big out for Diggers, but not sure who else.

I'd like to see the Wallan side play Kilmore next year in a practice match. Wallan would match it in Divy 3 but I think
they would need a few extras to be strong in divy 2. I'd like to
see them back in the NFNL
aligned with there juniors.

Seeing both teams wallan would be 10 goal better team then kilmore atm would they win div 3 final against south’s I would say yes but would be a close game. Then move on to div 2 I would say atm if no clubs changed there list wallan would beat stars,panton hill,Epping and Watsonia. It would be 50/50 against st Mary’s,thomo,eltham and diamo and no hope against lower and banyule. Your right in saying they would need at least 5 to 6 strong Body players to challenge for top spot.

Let’s be honest if Wallan bolt in the next few years that’ll be the comp cooked

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
[/QUOTE]
I'd like to see the Wallan side play Kilmore next year in a practice match. Wallan would match it in Divy 3 but I think they would need a few extras to be strong in divy 2. I'd like to see them back in the NFNL aligned with there juniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This makes very little sense

Clubs have dominated local footy comps for as long as I can remember & has it been too its detriment. I wouldn’t of though so.

Wallan won a game in RD.6 so this year has plenty to play out. To say them which I hope or any other side for that matter had sustained success would ruin a competition is BS.

Your posts are usually more sensible Sport .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clubs have dominated local footy comps for as long as I can remember & has it been too its detriment. I wouldn’t of though so.

Wallan won a game in RD.6 so this year has plenty to play out. To say them which I hope or any other side for that matter had sustained success would ruin a competition is BS.

Your posts are usually more sensible Sport .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That wasn’t what I said. What I said was in relation response to someone saying they would hope Wallan would join the northern league. I meant bolt as in to leave

Thoughts on a start date? Round 9 or more likely round 10?
Article on Herald sun website.Someone smarter than me should be able to post.
Hope common sense prevails and Finals becomes a top 4rather than top 5.
Anyone know why they came up witha top 5 considering only 9 team comp?Seems like a chase for $$$.
Guess main thing is season continues in some format.

The Riddell District Football League could cut back its finals series in order to finish its home-and-away season.
The league is considering several proposals to reschedule games lost due to Melbourne’s fourth COVID lockdown.

Two rounds have already been postponed with officials hopeful play will be able to resume on June 19th subject to state government restrictions.

RDFL general manager Jordan Doyle said the league had the ability to push the season back one week but would then need to consider how best to restructure the season.

Clubs will have the chance to vote to either scrap the missed Round 7 and 8 games or shorten the final series.

Shortening the finals series could potentially reduce the current top-five, four-week series to a top-four, three-week series or even top-four, two-week proposal.

Doyle said the league was committed to playing a 16-game season but clubs would have the final say.

“We really want to keep the integrity of our competition if we can,” he said.

“We’ve got a 16-game home-and-away season and everyone plays each other twice, it’s really even.

“If we do start losing games, it’s not the end of the world, but we’d prefer to keep the 16 games and if we have to lose any time it would probably be the finals that are reduced.

“We won’t make these decisions without fully consulting the board and all our clubs but they’re the three options we’ve got.

“For the fairness of everyone – everyone has already missed a whole year of footy – we’d like to get a as much of the home-and-away season in as possible and have a reduced finals series, that would be my preference.”

The RDFL is also juggling clubs across metro and country regions that will be under different government restrictions.

The senior competition has six country club and three metro clubs while the junior competition has a eight-seven country-metro split.

Border competitions such as the Ovens and Murray and Picola leagues have committed to playing games in NSW only but that would be difficult to adopt.

Doyle said the league would not resume before adult sport was allowed to resume in metro areas.

“It sounds like there’s going to be a bit of a gap between metro and country (regions), which leaves us in a precarious position,” he said.

“A lot of the regional clubs have still got people who live in metro, so it’s difficult.

“It’s still up in the air a little bit at the moment and we’re not rushing to make a call because things change so quickly.

“Especially last year everyone was racing to be first but I think this year everyone has learned a little bit and are waiting it out.”

Doyle is confident the junior competition will be able to resume on June 20.

With junior sport allowed to resume in regional areas it is expected the government will pull back restrictions similarly in metro areas.

198247100_5554575794613701_8860057734077832656_n.png

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back