RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Still don’t understand why it is so difficult for home clubs to keep the live scoring ticking over.
It’s called laziness. Some clubs say they have no internet access but that is a furphy. Phones work everywhere!!
More annoying for me is why are final scores not uploaded for some games at nearly 11am Sunday. Very disappointing

It’s called laziness. Some clubs say they have no internet access but that is a furphy. Phones work everywhere!!
More annoying for me is why are final scores not uploaded for some games at nearly 11am Sunday. Very disappointing

you may call it Laziness I call it not having enough people to do the hundreds of things necessary to get football and netball teams on the park.

you may call it Laziness I call it not having enough people to do the hundreds of things necessary to get football and netball teams on the park.

Timekeepers can easily do online scores during game. There are 2 people in box and it is one click on phone or iPad to enter. As simple as writing on scorecard. As I said laziness

Rubbish.

Many of us know and have put plenty of time in, we know the challenges of volunteers. But it’s a requirement. Live Scores promote and boost the league and club status.

There are multiple ways to find the support to get it done

Rubbish.

Many of us know and have put plenty of time in, we know the challenges of volunteers. But it’s a requirement. Live Scores promote and boost the league and club status.

There are multiple ways to find the support to get it done
mate you have no f@@@@ idea
come and spend a Saturday with me.
PLEASE a come and teach me how to get support,

mate you have no f@@@@ idea
come and spend a Saturday with me.
PLEASE a come and teach me how to get support,

Ive spent 25 years of Saturday’s and I can guarantee you right now that those on here would tell you I well and truly know the challenges, better than most and highly likely far better than you. But I can also assure you that I made sure those tasks were done. So going all “poor me” with me is going down the wrong track.

Ive spent 25 years of Saturday’s and I can guarantee you right now that those on here would tell you I well and truly know the challenges, better than most and highly likely far better than you. But I can also assure you that I made sure those tasks were done. So going all “poor me” with me is going down the wrong track.
[/QUOTE
well done To you. I obviously need you to come and show me what I am doing wrong. .

Timekeepers can easily do online scores during game. There are 2 people in box and it is one click on phone or iPad to enter. As simple as writing on scorecard. As I said laziness
Yep they can. If they are tech savvy. What about if they are 70 year old farmers who have been doing the job for 30 years and they love being involved at the club

Yep they can. If they are tech savvy. What about if they are 70 year old farmers who have been doing the job for 30 years and they love being involved at the club
If you can press a button, you can update the scores live. It is not rocket science.
By the way, thanks to Wallan's Helen Mahoney for doing the live scores from Lancefield on Saturday

Did not see Romsey winning by 100pts, going by the tips neither did anyone else!
The Redbacks have struggled over the preseason with many of their players involved cricket and not being available to train or for practice matches.
They only played one practice match and I’m told only 4 senior players played in that game .
They will get better. Although I don’t think they will be able to reproduce accuracy in front of goal like that again.
22 goals straight before they kicked a behind .
It was a big crowd at Woodend and a big occasion for them to put on a show for their supporters and sponsors.
Once again they didn’t deliver .
Lancefield and Woodend have been the clubs that all the noise has been about over the preseason and although it’s very early it doesn’t look like they will live up to their hype.
Sad news for Wooster and Lancefield with his injury .
He’s a quality bloke and a handy player.

Without pumping your tyres up too much .. there is not a single person that knows the league and its clubs inside out on and off the field and there probably isn't a job that you haven't done and haven't done well.. you've adapted and grown with all of the changes and love it more than anyone .. you've been with clubs that have enjoyed success and those that have just about fallen over .. no-one does it better than you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with out doubt you are an expert.
you are so insightful you can tell all the people at a club are lazy after having very little to do with them.

you are so insightful you can tell all the people at a club are lazy after having very little to do with them.
I remember talking to Terry Kernan when he was president at Macedon. He reckons he was working 40 hours each week to get the club going. Clubs are businesses which need people’s efforts as volunteers to keep them viable. I don’t subscribe to the lazy line.

When did I suggest any one was lazy? You seem to have jumped on me, but I didn't make the lazy comment. I merely stated a fact that doing the live scores is a requirement, it's the same as having a timekeeper.

Maybe read back and check out where I called anyone lazy, and when you realise that I said no such thing, take a deep breath and have a think about why this topic offends you so much. There is a clear indication that your club has decided that they have no intention of doing it because you are so much busier than all of the other clubs and their volunteers. That's fine, that's your call. But not for a second did I call anyone lazy, I just think it's disappointing that one of the easier mandatory tasks is the one that receives push back.

When did I suggest any one was lazy? You seem to have jumped on me, but I didn't make the lazy comment. I merely stated a fact that doing the live scores is a requirement, it's the same as having a timekeeper.

Maybe read back and check out where I called anyone lazy, and when you realise that I said no such thing, take a deep breath and have a think about why this topic offends you so much. There is a clear indication that your club has decided that they have no intention of doing it because you are so much busier than all of the other clubs and their volunteers. That's fine, that's your call. But not for a second lndid I call anyone lazy, I just think it's disappointing that one of the easier mandatory tasks is the one that receives push back.
Yep I f$)(ed up there apologies

Good to see the RDFNL footy and netball show going a little bit longer and having a few interviews thrown in too.
im likin what i see. It seems that the league is doin soething right with the new facebook contents. The video recaps an higlite pakages are really good. hope the clubs are being asked to give content because its such a good way for the clubs to get messages across and promote what happenin at clubland. keep up the good work RDFL.

After Riddell were kept goalless and lost the lead in the 3rd quarter, I expected their heads to go down and lose but was pleasantly surprised with how hard they worked in the fourth to come back and win

Last edited:
After Riddell were kept goalless and lost the lead in the 3rd quarter, I expected their heads to go down and lose but was pleasantly surprised with how hard they worked in the fourth to come back and win

How did both sides look? Certainly wasn't expecting Diggers to have dropped 2 games so far.

How did both sides look? Certainly wasn't expecting Diggers to have dropped 2 games so far.
You can tell they didn't play football last year hahaha, a bit messy with nice patches from both teams. I think the year off and so many new players in some teams has really levelled off the top 4 to be very close

You can tell they didn't play football last year hahaha, a bit messy with nice patches from both teams. I think the year off and so many new players in some teams has really levelled off the top 4 to be very close

Cheers and a very fair call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back