RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto boys and girls a few whispers about the traps
First up no rumour but well done to the rams for getting swanny in for the day , something like this has the potential to make a lot of coin if done right which I’m sure the crew there are all over.

Righto anyone know who won the raffle run by Macedon yet ?
Some whispers about that no prize has been allocated ?
I’ve seen footage of the draw and it’s as dodgy as a day old curry left out in the sun.
Whilst on Macedon , a Wayne Carey at north situation could be on the cards with a new recruit , same could be said at Woodend also with who they have bought in

Diggers flag to loose this year , if they don’t win it this year I’m hearing the money will come to a rapid stop

Justin Sherman seeing out the year at romsey is paying $1.25 , this bloke has a horrible track record , let’s hope things change this
Righto boys and girls a few whispers about the traps
First up no rumour but well done to the rams for getting swanny in for the day , something like this has the potential to make a lot of coin if done right which I’m sure the crew there are all over.

Righto anyone know who won the raffle run by Macedon yet ?
Some whispers about that no prize has been allocated ?
I’ve seen footage of the draw and it’s as dodgy as a day old curry left out in the sun.
Whilst on Macedon , a Wayne Carey at north situation could be on the cards with a new recruit , same could be said at Woodend also with who they have bought in

Diggers flag to loose this year , if they don’t win it this year I’m hearing the money will come to a rapid stop

Justin Sherman seeing out the year at romsey is paying $1.25 , this bloke has a horrible track record , let’s hope things change this year
Please fill us in whisperer in regards to Macedon?

Ladder predictions anyone? A couple of teams look to have recruited well

Wallan
Diggers
Riddell
Macedon
Centraks
Woodend
Romsey
Lance field
Rockbank

Wooded, Centrals and Romsey I think will all be fighting for that fifth spot.

I think Romsey slide. Woodend seem to have picked up and Centrals will only get better given their recruits and new coach.

Wallan
Diggers
Riddell
Macedon
Centraks
Woodend
Romsey
Lance field
Rockbank

Wooded, Centrals and Romsey I think will all be fighting for that fifth spot.

I think Romsey slide. Woodend seem to have picked up and Centrals will only get better given their recruits and new coach.
Diggers.
woodend
riddell
romsey
lancefield. I might be bias
wallan
macedon
centrals
rockbank

A lot of the guys had been there a while too, so a freshen-up may help. Still got a very good coach who will be a great influence on what will be a young side. Just think the others will be better.
Are you saying the blokes that have left went stale? 🧐 Undoubtedly two of the best forwards in the league have left and to boot 3 of the league’s better midfielders that got the ball down to perri have also moved on, what do you mean “freshen-up”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying the blokes that have left went stale? 🧐 Undoubtedly two of the best forwards in the league have left and to boot 3 of the league’s better midfielders that got the ball down to perri have also moved on, what do you mean “freshen-up”

Freshen up: A turn-around of players won't necessarily be a bad thing. They might not be the team they were, but again that's not a bad thing. After 6-7 years together it was inevitable it was going to happen.

How did the Romsey Colbo praccy match shape up a few weeks ago, trying to get an understanding how teams in the hdfl are shaping up this year

How did the Romsey Colbo praccy match shape up a few weeks ago, trying to get an understanding how teams in the hdfl are shaping up this year
I think both teams had many players unavailable. So very hard to get a reading on it . Romsey got up by a couple of goals ..

I'm not accusing any club of what Wangaratta did, but if it can happen at one of the best country leagues, it can happen anywhere.

It's clearly a flaw in the system, but was just wondering what others thoughts would be on how we can have this not happen?

My opinion is to get rid of the salary cap, and make the points system the main option to keep a club in line.

Can you cheat the points system, like you can the salary?

If a club wants to entice a former afl or vfl player to come their club, thats awesome, but they'll be handcuffed due to the points. If the club goes over their allocation, they are punished, this system is easier to govern i woukd think.

Just wondering what other people's thoughts are especially with the wang saga

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Easier to say no cap and structure points statewide on a sliding scale. Doing that would save on administrative work for clubs and leagues and take the 'over spending' elephant out of the room.

For a 9-team league like the RDFNL, you could go:

36 - 1st and 2nd from the previous year.
38 - 3rd and 4th from the previous year.
40 - 5th to 7th from the previous year.
42 - 8th and 9th from the previous year.

Plus 2 points for any club who has not made finals in the past three seasons (obviously this ends when they make finals).
Plus another 2 points in they have finished bottom two in the past three seasons (obviously this ends when they finish outside the bottom two).

Maybe even an extra point or two for the following season if a club is winless for the season.

When they introduced points in WA, Sports TG (or whatever it was) wouldn't let you finalise your team if it was over the points allocation - surely Play HQ would do the same?

Are the Rams any chance today? Won a couple of praccies, have some solid recruits and playing at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back