RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t barrack for Wallan, but have watched them on 5-6 occasions this season. Shaun Stewart always impressed as a very solid and reliable defender. Wallan
defenders were under the pump on GF day due to the frequency and quality of delivery from Riddell on-ballers.
Handy footballer that IIRC was an EDFL TOTY member recently, so can obviously play a bit.

I don’t barrack for Wallan, but have watched them on 5-6 occasions this season. Shaun Stewart always impressed as a very solid and reliable defender. Wallan
defenders were under the pump on GF day due to the frequency and quality of delivery from Riddell on-ballers.
Didn’t help to lose captain Mannix with broken hand 5 mins into 3rd quarter.

Fair reply and I based my comment purely on that GF day. 👍
I didn’t think the quality of delivery was overly great but it was deep and frequent at times. Definitely a lot deeper entries than Wallans.

Thought they might have learnt from his time at Craigieburn in a similar type coaching role. I’m not sure why clubs don’t do due diligence, but it is what it is.
Gotta justify his $$$ somehow Turbo... This is another reason why I say the RDFL being classed as a Premier competition is a joke. All teams including Ridell would struggle to win a game in the Eastern , EDFL & Northern Premier Leagues..

Gotta justify his $$$ somehow Turbo... This is another reason why I say the RDFL being classed as a Premier competition is a joke. All teams including Ridell would struggle to win a game in the Eastern , EDFL & Northern Premier Leagues..
By all reports has got better but totally agree Riddell would not win a game in either premier league and not get within 8-10 goals of the bottom sides. Avondale would beat them by 8-10 goals. To be honest they probably wouldn’t beat the top 2-4 in division 1 edfl. Riddell vs Hillside/St Albans would be an interesting contest however think both Hillside/St Albans would probably win by 3-5 goals. That’s going by what I watched this season in edfl finals and the riddell GF.
I do however like the idea of Riddell being rated as a major league purely for the purpose of improving the competition as players recruited don’t get an extra point.

By all reports has got better but totally agree Riddell would not win a game in either premier league and not get within 8-10 goals of the bottom sides. Avondale would beat them by 8-10 goals. To be honest they probably wouldn’t beat the top 2-4 in division 1 edfl. Riddell vs Hillside/St Albans would be an interesting contest however think both Hillside/St Albans would probably win by 3-5 goals. That’s going by what I watched this season in edfl finals and the riddell GF.
I do however like the idea of Riddell being rated as a major league purely for the purpose of improving the competition as players recruited don’t get an extra point.
Why does everyone always compare RDFNL to EDFL and not country leagues lol it's a boring comparison and I know which league I'd rather play in. If it wasn't for the good standard of premier in EDFL no one would literally care about league because it's got nothing else going for it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why does everyone always compare RDFNL to EDFL and not country leagues lol it's a boring comparison and I know which league I'd rather play in. If it wasn't for the good standard of premier in EDFL no one would literally care about league because it's got nothing else going for it.

Agreed. As soon as someone post something positive about a club in this league, there's a pile on from EDFL nuffies for some reason. I'm not sure why it's even relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. As soon as someone post something positive about a club in this league, there's a pile on from EDFL nuffies for some reason. I'm not sure why it's even relevant.
There are premier leagues like Ballarat & Bendigo which are not at the same standard of the premier league's mentioned yet nobody ever bats an eyelid (still good leagues though!). Yet they smash RDFNL every time and it's not even classed as premier until next year.

Just to clear things up. EDFL Premier is miles higher standard than RDFL. But I'd rather be involved with a club in the RDFL as EDFL Premier Division has been stuffed for over 10 years and only getting worse as the reality is only 3-4 clubs can win the Flag. RDFL is what local footy should be, open competition, good grounds(majority of EDFL grounds are sh*t holes) and welcoming atmosphere....

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back