Really, really old retro forgotten games

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just reading an article about Larry Bird and Shawn Kemp (i dont even follow bball) which reminded me of a very old retro game and made me think about this new thread. please add yours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lode runner. used to play this on an apple //e of all things. can still remember the cheat codes to skip a level, extra life. dos version has a level editor too, amazing.

images

allan border cricket. is it forgotten though? used to rain in sydney in this too.

images

even wikipedia doesn't know there was a nightmare game on dos. could never beat this one. levels get super hard and there's inventory juggling with the objects you need to hang onto. gonna have to fire it up now.

played a lot of other apple //e, particularly the adventure games where it parsed 2 word instructions. get x, n e s w, do thing etc.

One I loved that not many apparently did from 1990;
1728708094801.png 1728708129647.png

Puzzle game where you are a triceratops, get coloured eggs, avoid tar, fire, cavemen and either eat a fire log to spew fire or a pineapple to turn into a T-rex. A game I play to this day as I just love it, it's silly, easy, takes about 40 min, and since it's 2 player you can also just straight punch on the other person and watch as they get eaten.

Was originally an arcade option and frankly, whilst my bonding time was at a pub, I arcaded as the old man chatted with friends and passive smoked my way to health issues and a love of arcade.

The arcade version was also 4 player...
1728708373968.png

Pac-Man clone, and what boy doesn't like dinosaurs which has a "punch" button?

Arcade for life.

lode runner. used to play this on an apple //e of all things. can still remember the cheat codes to skip a level, extra life. dos version has a level editor too, amazing.

images

allan border cricket. is it forgotten though? used to rain in sydney in this too.

images

even wikipedia doesn't know there was a nightmare game on dos. could never beat this one. levels get super hard and there's inventory juggling with the objects you need to hang onto. gonna have to fire it up now.

played a lot of other apple //e, particularly the adventure games where it parsed 2 word instructions. get x, n e s w, do thing etc.

Lol, I was gonna post Lode Runner.

This was probably the worst version, but I absolutely loved North & South on NES back in the day.

IMG_6909.jpeg
IMG_6910.jpeg

I remember getting dad to bring his work Pc home to play some of the already mentioned games

But loved these two

Except when I couldn't always get into LarryView attachment 2139420View attachment 2139421

Being typical 13/14 year old boys I remember early LL1 when you go to the bar or whatever it was with the hooker (after several goes trying to answer the questions to prove we weren't kids to even start the game lol). We spent so long so long trying to work out how to get with her and I remember cheering when we worked it out only for Larry to die shortly after because he didn't use a dinger.

Who said video games don't teach life lessons?

Being typical 13/14 year old boys I remember early LL1 when you go to the bar or whatever it was with the hooker (after several goes trying to answer the questions to prove we weren't kids to even start the game lol). We spent so long so long trying to work out how to get with her and I remember cheering when we worked it out only for Larry to die shortly after because he didn't use a dinger.

Who said video games don't teach life lessons?

Ha ha Yep, had no instructions, part of the fun just typing shit in, like you said getting him laid.

Typing stupid stuff to amuse your mates when your like 10 years old, like "punch lefty"

Remove this Banner Ad

Really, really old retro forgotten games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back