Reasonable St Kilda supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong, they were unsucessful clubs, hence both of them having to merge/move.

On that flawed logic, Hawthorn aren't a successful club b/c they were forced to merge? LOL.

St Kilda is more sucessful because they have not had to merge/fold/whatever.

You must be pretty young. In the mid 80's, St. Kilda were forced to close their business/club. You must not know anything about the 60 cents in the dollar scheme.

In biology those who survive to reproduce are 'fitter' and 'more sucessful' than those who dont

Take it to the biology board. This is sport, this is the AFL, this is about premierships, not natural selection.:thumbsu:

By definition, these 2 clubs are the most unsucessful clubs (apart from university) in the VFL/AFL's history.

St. Kilda is the most unsuccessful club in the AFL. Every neutral expert/supporter/indicator agrees with this, deal with it.
Dont just look at premierships to determine the sucessfulness of a club.

I LOL'd.

Where does St. Kilda sit in the successfulness of all the AFL clubs. Only a supporter who hasn't seen his club win a flag can say premierships don't determine how successful a club is. You fail.

I think 26 wooden spoons creates more laughter from you to your own club myself.:thumbsu: If I'm right, you would have started attending games in the 80's, a period where you went week in/week out to see your club win wooden spoon after wooden spoon after wooden spoon.

my membership card says member since 1991

I believe we've accumulated one spoon in that time

my membership card says member since 1991

Hmm, you said you went to the 1980 GF & supported Richmond.

You then never went to a game from 1980 to 1991?

Or did you go to St. Kilda games in the 1980's & weren't even a member?

You have as much cred as Celtic Pride as far as support goes.:thumbsu: Turncoat & too tight to even buy a club membership!

There's a mod on these boards that can vouch for that since and has even seen the calendar she appeared in.

I've seen it too, Jeff...

dog-calendar-close1-e9365.jpg

Hmm, you said you went to the 1980 GF & supported Richmond.

You then never went to a game from 1980 to 1991?

Or did you go to St. Kilda games in the 1980's & weren't even a member?

You have as much cred as Celtic Pride as far as support goes.:thumbsu: Turncoat & too tight to even buy a club membership!

I said the first game of football I ever saw was the 1980 grand final, I was in New Zealand at the time, you know this because you once called me a Kiwi which is incorrect.

I'm a proud St Kilda member, and have been continuously since 1991.

I said the first game of football I ever saw was the 1980 grand final, I was in New Zealand at the time, you know this because you once called me a Kiwi which is incorrect.

So what happend b/w 1980 & 1991? Were you too embarrassed to buy a St. Kilda membership or you didn't want to put your own coin into a club that was financially at it's knees? You only chose to put money into them when they became successful*

*by St. Kilda standards...

So what happend b/w 1980 & 1991? Were you too embarrassed to buy a St. Kilda membership or you didn't want to put your own coin into a club that was financially at it's knees? You only chose to put money into them when they became successful*

*by St. Kilda standards...

I saw the odd game split pretty evenly between Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda, always had the soft spot for St kilda because I lived close by but didn't follow any particular team with vigour.

Being a pom, soccer was more my thing which I played until i was 14 or 15. I then took up rowing (broke 4 of Skevs oars and holed their first VIII's shell in the race up the Yarra to the Xav's boat shed :p)

FWIW I don't think my old man has ever been to an AFL game.

Once I was old enough and rich enough I started buying memberships.

20 years of continuous membership and one wooden spoon later I'm a reasonable St kilda supporter.

Anything else?

I find it surprising you're concerning yourself with what I have seen. I've seen 1 pie flag and 1 pie spoon by the way, you?

I think 26 wooden spoons creates more laughter from you to your own club myself.:thumbsu: If I'm right, you would have started attending games in the 80's, a period where you went week in/week out to see your club win wooden spoon after wooden spoon after wooden spoon.

So if it's all about premierships, why do wooden spoons count? I guess whatever suits your argument at that point in time.

So if it's all about premierships, why do wooden spoons count? I guess whatever suits your argument at that point in time.

How many premierships did he see St. Kilda win?

You need to accept the reality that you follow the AFL's most unsuccessful football club. The sooner you do, the better. No amount of finals wins against 1 club is going to change the fact that Collingwood have 14 of them, you have 1.

You guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. I'd suggest if you have kids one day, you don't confine them to a life of football misery & make them support St. Kilda. It isn't too late.

How many premierships did he see St. Kilda win?

You need to accept the reality that you follow the AFL's most unsuccessful football club. The sooner you do, the better. No amount of finals wins against 1 club is going to change the fact that Collingwood have 14 of them, you have 1.

You guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. I'd suggest if you have kids one day, you don't confine them to a life of football misery & make them support St. Kilda. It isn't too late.

1 less than you and yet you're straight back to 14 over 1.

More predictable than a Malthouse game plan.

I'd like my kids to learn about football when/if they are born. I'll teach them how important the corridor is in terms of scoring. Odds on, they'll steer away from the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about we rate success since 1960.

1 flag each.

Panther, get over it mate, you have only seen 1 flag yourself. Your team overall has won 14 from 39 grand finals, that's bloody pathetic.
Losses in 60,64,66,70,77,79,80,81,02 and 03.

That's 1 from 11 since 1960 - choke is the word that comes to mind.

St Kilda will see there next flag before the pies, so i'd just shut it.

Forgot to mention that I saw 3 in 3 years :cool:

1 flag each.

Panther, get over it mate, you have only seen 1 flag yourself. Your team overall has won 14 from 39 grand finals, that's bloody pathetic.

WE have never merged,thats the ultimate sin,how many did brisbane win before the merge?:rolleyes:

It's a pity your ammo is rusted?

I took my kid last week to the North game and the West Coast game last year.

This week he asked did the Saints win, yes as I said, he then asked do they always win?

Most of the time ;)

You can also feed them with some St. Kilda wooden spoons. I doubt you will ever run out of them.:)

If they get teary eyed, just pull out this gem.

228779.jpg

This version has been superseded. Better get some new material.

We won 8 for Fitzroy. 3 since we have been at Brisbane. We may have merged but i will still see at least 2 more premierships than you will see in your life time.

3 since you were at brisbane?good spin...so in other words none before you merged...

Hard to predict the future...:rolleyes:(im 31,was there in 1990 so i think i have good odds at hopefully another)

I can bet we will never merge in my life time,i doubt thats something ill get to "see" in my life as a supporter(how will i live with myself...):thumbsu:

3 since you were at brisbane?good spin...so in other words none before you merged...

Hard to predict the future...:rolleyes:(im 31,was there in 1990 so i think i have good odds at hopefully another)

I can bet we will never merge in my life time,i doubt thats something ill get to "see" in my life as a supporter(how will i live with myself...):thumbsu:

I may have never seen a premiership if Fitzroy were still alive, i was 12 when they died and a memeber since 1990. I would have been lucky to see us win 15 games total. Having said that, im still shattered about the takeover - thats another story, but all in all ive still got to go to 3 grand final wins so i cant really complain.

I can say that Collingwood will never merge either, none of the power clubs will ( i just wish we had an Eddie Mcguire in the 90s ) Im not so sure about you seeing a winning flag though in the next decade going by previous experience, it's just a part of the culture down there i reckon.

1 flag each.

Wow. Geelong's strike-rate is dead on 50%. 8 from 16. Not good. But not Collingwood!!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Reasonable St Kilda supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back