Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

First trade period in a longggg time, I think since 2015, where we didn’t have a player request a trade.

AND we added a star in Bolton who fills our greatest need and will immediately make us a better team in 2025, whilst keeping a first rounder for the draft.
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

So, now sitting on my balcony on a balmy Bangkok evening eating marinated barbecued chicken on skewers
With cold pineapple accompaniment with hot sticky rice and my mind is drifting to watching Shai do for us what he did to us at Optus last year.
There’s probably a war somewhere in the world but right now I’m on another planet.
Fremantle is a top 4 team next year and definitely in contention.

Pretty good? I can't name a better one.
Adelaide is very good, Rankine, Thilthorp, Fogarty, Keays, ANB. Think Freo still has a better forward line on paper though.

Cats have great smalls plus Cameron, but not balanced.

Lions had the best forward line but don’t now that Joe is gone.

Fair claim Freo have. Still have to deliver on potential.

Adelaide is very good, Rankine, Thilthorp, Fogarty, Keays, ANB. Think Freo still has a better forward line on paper though.

Cats have great smalls plus Cameron, but not balanced.

Lions had the best forward line but don’t now that Joe is gone.

Fair claim Freo have. Still have to deliver on potential.
Giants are up there. Hogan, Stringer, Cadman, Green, Daniels, and Jones. A Coleman medal, three AAs, an AA squad, the 2022 pick 1 and 21.

Giants are up there. Hogan, Stringer, Cadman, Green, Daniels, and Jones. A Coleman medal, three AAs, an AA squad, the 2022 pick 1 and 21.
Yeah that's probably the bigger threat. I'd argue we have a more balanced forward line with all the attributes - speed, x factor in our smalls but can kick 50+ and we have the superior talls. But theirs perhaps more mobile. More pressure in ours with Switta, JT etc. We'd be more balanced all over the field and full of more upside. Honestly, if we're all fit, JL has no excuses.

Yeah that's probably the bigger threat. I'd argue we have a more balanced forward line with all the attributes - speed, x factor in our smalls but can kick 50+ and we have the superior talls. But theirs perhaps more mobile. More pressure in ours with Switta, JT etc. We'd be more balanced all over the field and full of more upside. Honestly, if we're all fit, JL has no excuses.

I think ours is more balanced and we have more upside. We are definitely top three and have scope to grow. Optimism abounds!

This is it, if JLo can't get Freo into the top 4 in 2025 he should be facing some serious questions about why not.

Apart from the addition of Bolton there should be some reasonable improvement in many of our players aged under 25. Fyfe, Walters, JOM and Aish should be pushed out of the team by younger players. Longmuir needs to improve his coaching to address our slow starts and recent poor record in closing out close games. The players are there so over to you now JLo.
Top 4 is gonna be tight to get in, So serious position playing wise we are in.

If the dockers dont make finals in 2025, Longmuir will be sacked.

We make finals in 2025, he gets a 2 year deal, even if its 8th spot.

I wont mind a repeat of 2022 of getting a home elim final and a finals win.

If we don’t make top 4, he should be let go.

If you can’t win 16 games with this squad, go coach in a country town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was all for patience last season. This coming season the expectations should be top four and a prelim.

We still have improvement on every line, have added a top line small forward who can play some midfield minutes as a point of difference and have the best young KPF's in the game.

Fu(k me, this is supposed to be the optimism thread, take your negative “sack the coach” crap to the vent thread or at least the JLo thread.
Everyone is well aware that 2025 is make or break for him, no need to start the eco chamber up again.

Agreed - no need to add the negative what if. We are a no excuse club 2025 onwards.

I am looking forward to seeing our guys lift to match the expectation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back