Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

There is so much to enjoy this season!

Next year we will have higher expectations. This year is strange in that we could finish anywhere from a semi final through to the GF. I don't think there is a team that smashes us on GF day.

I can't wait to see how the next 3-4 months turn out.
I agree and the most pleasant thing was, I wasn't expecting it. After 2023, I thought the age demographic thing was setting us back. This is shades of 2022, but with the core group from then 2 years older. Young in the midfield has just been a real revelation. Treacy's year shows why you persist with a young talent that obviously has the tools....can't wait to see more of Simpson as he develops, with Voss and others looking to break through; hopefully Stanley, a glut of others.

Very exciting journey to be on and the club has really embraced this ride. Feels like a thriller! :D

I agree and the most pleasant thing was, I wasn't expecting it. After 2023, I thought the age demographic thing was setting us back. This is shades of 2022, but with the core group from then 2 years older. Young in the midfield has just been a real revelation. Treacy's year shows why you persist with a young talent that obviously has the tools....can't wait to see more of Simpson as he develops, with Voss and others looking to break through; hopefully Stanley, a glut of others.

Very exciting journey to be on and the club has really embraced this ride. Feels like a thriller! :D
Winning teams are BUILT!
Due credit to the builders!

we need to win 6 more to make the 8? 5 wins we will be out and 7 win instead of 6 wins may be the difference between 8th on the ladder and Top 4 by the way the evenness between 2nd spot and upto 13
Home games remaining:
Gold Coast
Richmond
Melbourne
West Coast
Geelong
Port Adelaide

Should win all those. Need to win one of Essendon, GWS, Sydney, Hawthorn away.

Definitely doable.

Sad Balloon GIF by Chord Overstreet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even in seasons when we haven't made finals we've beaten the Bombers, Hawks and Swans away.

People swing so far to the negative after one game. We are in the eight, know we struggle after a bye and will put a few wins in a row on the board.

Hawks are overrated as the vic media wants Mitchell to be a genius coach. I am liking them doing a bit better. They can do a west coast for the next couple of years. Finish in the 9-12th range and not get any great top end picks. Be mired in mediocrity for a decade or two.

People swing so far to the negative after one game. We are in the eight, know we struggle after a bye and will put a few wins in a row on the board.

Hawks are overrated as the vic media wants Mitchell to be a genius coach. I am liking them doing a bit better. They can do a west coast for the next couple of years. Finish in the 9-12th range and not get any great top end picks. Be mired in mediocrity for a decade or two.
Squiggle hasn't lost all hope like 99% of our supporters seem to have...

Still projecting to finish 5th. Only one place less than we were on Friday.

If Dogs played like that every week they'd be premiership contenders. There is nothing bad about their best footy. They just don't bring it every week. We won't be the only team they flog which finish above them this year.

Exactly - talent wise they are in the top few league wide.

We went 1/1 with them this season. Not a bad result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back