Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Our record against the teams we have left based on last season's record was 8 and 3.

Richmond L
Hawthorn WW
Melbourne W
West Coast WW
Essendon W
Geelong WW
Giants L
Port L

And I think it's safe to say that we have improved compare to last season and the only teams on the above list who haven't gone backwards are Hawthorn, West Coast and Essendon.

Our record against the teams we have left based on last season's record was 8 and 3.

Richmond L
Hawthorn WW
Melbourne W
West Coast WW
Essendon W
Geelong WW
Giants L
Port L

And I think it's safe to say that we have improved compare to last season and the only teams on the above list who haven't gone backwards are Hawthorn, West Coast and Essendon.

We should win a minimum of 6 of those.

Richmond - W
Hawks - W
Melbourne - W
WCE - W
Essendon - W
Geelong - 50/50
Giants - 50/50
Port - W

Lining up a cracking end of the season!

We should win a minimum of 6 of those.

Richmond - W
Hawks - W
Melbourne - W
WCE - W
Essendon - W
Geelong - 50/50
Giants - 50/50
Port - W

Lining up a cracking end of the season!
Hawks stands out as the toughest one for me, BUT there's a good chance we will go in with Cox :)

I'm way more confident of beating Geelong compared to the Hawks in Tassie.
We should be winning our 5 games at Optus.

I would be disappointed if we lost a game at home now leading into the finals considering the sides we are playing.

The 3 road trips i reckon we need to win 2 from 3 & if we do that we should finish Top 2.

We should be winning our 5 games at Optus.

I would be disappointed if we lost a game at home now leading into the finals considering the sides we are playing.

The 3 road trips i reckon we need to win 2 from 3 & if we do that we should finish Top 2.
I think 6/8 basically guarantees 3rd and is achievable given 5 at home. 7/8 would be outstanding form. 8/8 and book your flights.

I think 6/8 basically guarantees 3rd and is achievable given 5 at home. 7/8 would be outstanding form. 8/8 and book your flights.
I already have booked mine i return home from 4 weeks in Europe and leave Munich on the 23rd September. Home on Tuesday Night of GF Week.

Thankfully the other wedding i get back is the following Saturday after the AFL GF.

So i wont be missing the GF if we make it.

I already have booked mine i return home from 4 weeks in Europe and leave Munich on the 23rd September. Home on Tuesday Night of GF Week.

Thankfully the other wedding i get back is the following Saturday after the AFL GF.

Yeah I get back from Hamburg on the 17th September, didn't really plan that well if we get a home final week 1 or 2

I feel we're entering the Freo Purple Paradox. After today we are rightly optimistic, expectant even. However, we have repeatedly shown to not be able to deal with expectancy (to either win or lose). Therefore, whilst today should fill me with glee, this realisation has instead left me with a sense of existential dread...

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is the way

I'm way more confident of beating Geelong compared to the Hawks in Tassie.

I think the Hawks have had an easy draw and only a little improved from where they were earlier in the year.

Geelong at home is one we should win. We will be betting favourites, and have had a good recent record against them. I am backing them to improve over the last 8 games and play finals. Which means we will play them when they are in form.

I expect us to beat the Hawks by 4-6 goals.

We should win 6 at a minimum. And 7 would be very, very nice.

One of the youngest teams in the league finishing top three... possibly second as our percentage will get a boost on the winning streak.

And this is no where near our best form. The journey has just begun. Year 1 of 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are also back from Europe on the Tuesday night of GF week, but flying via Frankfurt and through Singapore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back