Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read an interessting article on the Dockers site from Haydy Young.
Like most new recruits and especially young fellas they want to explode onto the scene. Take the game on and in many cases lose the love of the game.This applied to Hayden bythe reading.
I have always been an advocate that they wait for the game to come to them. Let your own insticts take over rather than you expectations.
Relax and enjoy the game. It will come to you.
I said the same about Freddy when he first came into the team, go rip tear and bust.Over work and get lost in what you are trying to achieve.
A good read and what a bonus he is for the club.
yes, that was what he said on the Better Down Back show with Jordan Clark

love that show, but you need an hour to listen to it :)

Last edited:
I loved their acknowledgement of Switta’s huge defensive act just on half time siren.
they also showed a lot of love and respect for Son Son

it's great to hear how the players feel about their team mates versus their supporters (sometimes). it feels like a few are ready to trade Switta, but it's clear his team mates respect what he does (and some of the things we don't always see, that they do)

Loved how they talked about Pearce not being down back to direct Draper, which makes draper's game stand out even more.

40-32 thats the average clearance for freo and against our opposition.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it increase the longer Darcy is in the team. His taps to advantage are elite and Dogga gets to dominate the second ruck. There is so much improvement to come from that pair and there will be games where they tear the opposition apart.

Just read an interessting article on the Dockers site from Haydy Young.
Like most new recruits and especially young fellas they want to explode onto the scene. Take the game on and in many cases lose the love of the game.This applied to Hayden bythe reading.
I have always been an advocate that they wait for the game to come to them. Let your own insticts take over rather than you expectations.
Relax and enjoy the game. It will come to you.
I said the same about Freddy when he first came into the team, go rip tear and bust.Over work and get lost in what you are trying to achieve.
A good read and what a bonus he is for the club.

It was a great read - he is another with development and improvement left in him. I think we have fond his permanent rotation through midfield and half forward. That lead, contested mark and pass to Treacy for the goal was 'chefs kiss'!

We kicked 100 points in horrible conditions and won by 50 points to boost percentage and have us in third.

This is no where near how good we will be and we are still a dominant, professional team with improvement to come from players on every line.

And Tracey almost looked like a 100 goal a year forward.

He would have kicked more if he didn't do the unselfish things around goal and have to ruck in the second half.

And Tracey almost looked like a 100 goal a year forward.

He would have kicked more if he didn't do the unselfish things around goal and have to ruck in the second half.

He has entered the realm of being dominant. Insane improvement. His tackling, field kicking and busting through packs is immense.

His development this season has been huge for us this year and the next 200 odd games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to somehow snag the premiership this year, Josh Treacy will live in Freo folklore forever. He's been immensely immense.

I'd like a statue of him outside Optus

The thing about Tracey is, if he was struggling with form this season then we would have no chance of top 4 let alone top 8 as he is our main avenue to goals.

Stunning winter weather in Perth... what a brilliant place to live! A big week of work and progress ahead and your zeal for life is boosted by your team that is finals bound. Playing so well we have a shot at a 2nd place finish and should be top four.

Now I know that some, when this thread started before round one, found the tone a little to enthusiastic... but now, are there any doubters left about the team we are building?

The decade of dominance has begun... we have class on every line. improvement to come on every line, a bounty of picks at year end and somehow in a season we are looking at a top four season...we will be better again next year.

Optimism abounds! The time of belief is here, premierships are in this team... LFFFFGGGG!!!

Hello! Arrogant Carlton nuff here

I’m now scared of Fremantle, Treacy is a monster and Amiss will only continue to improve

Young, Serong and Brayshaw is amazing, add the fact that you’ve got a rotating roster of two top 5ish rucks for 100% game time and you’ve a top end engine room

I was very wrong about Fremantle and think they are easily every bit as good - or better than Sydney and Carlton are

1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Carlton
4. Brisbane

Nobody else can win it

Go hard my purple friends

When Alex Pearce returns I believe the best possible sub we can name is Josh Draper.
The Sydney game will be the making of Josh; so much flexibility.
We will be playing finals with hopefully our best 22, with quality depth and exposed an exciting young talent
to perfectly fill the sub position.

Hello! Arrogant Carlton nuff here

I’m now scared of Fremantle, Treacy is a monster and Amiss will only continue to improve

Young, Serong and Brayshaw is amazing, add the fact that you’ve got a rotating roster of two top 5ish rucks for 100% game time and you’ve a top end engine room

I was very wrong about Fremantle and think they are easily every bit as good - or better than Sydney and Carlton are

1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Carlton
4. Brisbane

Nobody else can win it

Go hard my purple friends
are you afraid of the dark nicksplat GIF

Just acknowledging the error of my ways and trying to earn brownie points in the event Freo win the flag so that you guys don’t bully me for being a flog on the main board

But in seriousness I am just very bullish on Fremantle for the first time in years and wanted to give an oppo viewpoint as to how I see it, they just look really well oiled and have certainly dropped that boring tag of late AND are still being underestimated by vic media

Just acknowledging the error of my ways and trying to earn brownie points in the event Freo win the flag so that you guys don’t bully me for being a flog on the main board

But in seriousness I am just very bullish on Fremantle for the first time in years and wanted to give an oppo viewpoint as to how I see it, they just look really well oiled and have certainly dropped that boring tag of late AND are still being underestimated by vic media

Everybody Loves Raymond Romano GIF by TV Land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back